Chinese carbon frame and wheels thread

janejian

Re: Chinese carbon frame and wheels thread

Postby janejian » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:02 am

Yishun, IPLAY, Farsports etc are a good choice for chinese carbon wheelset/Rimset, Especially IPLAY have all kinds of rims with different width. super wide 25mm is available.

janejian

Postby janejian » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:43 pm

here is a link of IPLAY Super wide carbon wheelset.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/S ... 14698.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if you interested in, you can email bella, Email is: bella@xmiplay.cn.

mitchy_

Postby mitchy_ » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:42 pm

super happy with my Light Bicycle 45mm U-shaped clinchers so far.

Rex

Postby Rex » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:18 pm

Look awesome Mitch.
Did you purchase as a wheelset or just the rims?

mitchy_

Postby mitchy_ » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:17 am

cheers. purchased a wheelset, went with novatec D711/D712 disc hubs.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:49 pm

So have Farsport solved their braking heat problem, or are people just treating them as disposable?

Sent from my android thingy using Crapatalk

chee

Postby chee » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:14 pm

I have some Yishun 50mm's which I bought second hand off a member on here. Bit of shudder on heavy braking, but really happy with them regardless.

Has anyone had any experience with track wheels? Looking at getting a set of 60mm clinchers to throw on my fixed gear.

Rex

Postby Rex » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:08 pm

mitchy_ wrote:cheers. purchased a wheelset, went with novatec D711/D712 disc hubs.
Would you trust them enough as daily commuter wheels?

brawlo

Postby brawlo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:09 am

chee wrote:Has anyone had any experience with track wheels? Looking at getting a set of 60mm clinchers to throw on my fixed gear.
I have some 88mm Light Bicycle 28H tubs on my track bike. I liked being able to spec it without the brake track for a cleaner look as the brakes wouldn't be used. As for a clincher set, I steered away from them given that none that I've seen to date will warrant anything over 120psi. Given I run 140 on my aluminium clinchers, I wasn't going to go there. For fixed use on the street they may be fine for you. I'm pretty sure that most of the chinese manufacturers will do track wheelsets if asked, even if they don't have them listed.

janejian

Postby janejian » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:42 pm

mitchy_ wrote:cheers. purchased a wheelset, went with novatec D711/D712 disc hubs.
Kindly how much your wheelset?

drtse

Postby drtse » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:47 am

Has anyone had issues with carbon/alloy wheelsets from any of the main vendors (Farsports, Yushin, Yeoleo, etc)...?

mitchy_

Postby mitchy_ » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:41 pm

janejian wrote:
Kindly how much your wheelset?
i think they came in at about $730 delivered.

Widget

Postby Widget » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:16 pm

mitchy_ wrote:super happy with my Light Bicycle 45mm U-shaped clinchers so far.
wow, that's one nice lookin' bike you have there. Are all parts chinese ? Why'd you go Disc brake instead of the normal rim braking on a roadie ?

How is everyone finding their purchases so far compared to Brand Name? Are they holding up?

I know this thread is mainly frame/rims, but was wondering what everyones thoughts were on the Cinelli RAM 2 handlebars mainly found on Alibaba ? pricing around $100ish

Are they more for show?

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:33 am

Widget wrote:
wow, that's one nice lookin' bike you have there. Are all parts chinese ? Why'd you go Disc brake instead of the normal rim braking on a roadie ?

How is everyone finding their purchases so far compared to Brand Name? Are they holding up?

I know this thread is mainly frame/rims, but was wondering what everyones thoughts were on the Cinelli RAM 2 handlebars mainly found on Alibaba ? pricing around $100ish

Are they more for show?
I have a brand new handlebar unused that looks exactly like that, but with no decals, they sent me the wrong one :(
For sale if you want.

mitchy_

Postby mitchy_ » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:13 pm

Widget wrote:

frame, fork, post, stem and wheels are china's finest. no issues at all!
i did actually just change frame as that one was a fraction too large for me (80mm stem and felt too long).
disc brakes were because i originally built up a 29er as a commuter and then everything slowly got upgraded until i ended up with a full blown carbon roadie with disc brakes! i love them though.

kylefoo

Postby kylefoo » Fri May 23, 2014 12:36 am

Hi everybody, although I donot always around here, pay much attention on forum.
Might some time cannot do response in time, you can feel free to contact me by email directly: sales2@farsports.cn.
I will try to reply in details. Kind Regards---kyle Fu.

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:27 pm

So any long-term (longer than a year) chinese no-name carbon wheel owners that can give an update on their wheels?

I'm thinking of getting some 50mm or maybe 30mm clinchers.

How are all the sellers on eBay/Alibaba/Aliexpress allowed to get away selling blatant knock-offs of brand name components?

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:16 pm

Hi Ross.
I've been riding farsports for a couple of years now and still very happy. My first set are 25mm tubs that came in at under a kilo for the pair. They are my everyday wheel. Last year I bought a set of 50mm tubs and, while I don't use them as much, I'm happy with them as well.
I've read a fair amount of negative comments on various forums mostly about roundness but I have no complaints at all. I have broken one 50mm rim but that was a nasty pothole rather than the rim. I've broken ksyriums so no complaints on that front.
on a cost/benefit view I paid around 25% of a "named" brand so I think I'm already in front.
Jn terms of the "knock-off" comment I have a Chinese frame as well and couldn't find anything like it.
So I'm pretty positive about my experience to date. I did a lot of searching and I might have been lucky.
cheers

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:31 pm

Thanks for the reply and the info.

When I said knock-offs I meant parts that are deliberately misrepresented as a premium brand when it isn't, not plain un-branded like Mitchy's bike a few posts back eg http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-23mm ... 34993.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jules21

Postby jules21 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:05 pm

ok i busted my frame in a race crash on the weekend, looking at a chinese replacement.

quite like the look of the Hong Fu FM139.

are there any guides to how to buy, who from, what to ensure is included (e.g. compatible seat post)? i note the vendor ads are typically vague on details.

simonn

Postby simonn » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:31 pm

jules21 wrote:ok i busted my frame in a race crash on the weekend, looking at a chinese replacement.

quite like the look of the Hong Sloppy Kiss FM139.

are there any guides to how to buy, who from, what to ensure is included (e.g. compatible seat post)? i note the vendor ads are typically vague on details.
http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/html_produc ... e-293.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Email Jenny - jennyliu8088@hotmail.com

I went a standard seatpost frame for compatibility reasons, even though a seatpost was included (FM066SL).

mitchy_

Postby mitchy_ » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:34 pm

jules21 wrote:ok i busted my frame in a race crash on the weekend, looking at a chinese replacement.

just ask them exactly what is included. given it's an aero post i'd say it's included, but always best to check...
confirm if headset, seat post clamp, etc are included or not too.

i've bought a few items and it's best to deal direct with the supplier.

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:14 pm

Have a good look around and send off a heap of emails to get the best price, look on ebay.com (not au), some suppliers will change the model to whatever they like, so dont always search for 'fm139'

jules21

Postby jules21 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:14 pm

i'm impatient! i bought one of these (FM 069) for US$737 inc. PayPal fee with frame, fork, seatpost and clamp.

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:51 am

Wow, you got ripped, but it's your money :)

RE: the frame, I think you'll find it plenty stiff, but also very compliant in the rear end, good choice.