Race Report Thread

foo on patrol

Re: Race Report Thread

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:29 am

Bugger!

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

jules21

Postby jules21 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:38 am

nice work Bill, Nezumi and Ian.

i want to have a crack at that cyclocross, keeps falling on the wrong date for me :?

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:38 pm

Rookwood B grade

Short and sweet. My report... The race was brutal. I attacked on the second lap after the neutral but didn't make a dent. Reality was a wet tight track with lots of sketchy bumps and potholes and limited room to move meant that a break was the smart move and I needed to commit but couldn't. I climbed Bowen Mountain yesterday with a 39/23 and the legs just didn't have the snap to make something happen so I just watched Manly send a man up the road while my teammates held on for dear life. I was so tired that I picked awful wheels to follow and made it harder for myself.

Eleri and DHBC did a great job, glad I could support the race and I think my club just might steal their entire schedule. we had 2 ladies podium theladies race, both have done heaps of hill repeats and spin sessions, and we had two go down in D grade... Some good and some bad.

Mental note if you are 20kms from the track do not leave your kit at home. :lol:

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:38 pm

Xplora wrote:Rookwood B grade

Short and sweet. My report... The race was brutal. I attacked on the second lap after the neutral but didn't make a dent. Reality was a wet tight track with lots of sketchy bumps and potholes and limited room to move meant that a break was the smart move and I needed to commit but couldn't. I climbed Bowen Mountain yesterday with a 39/23 and the legs just didn't have the snap to make something happen so I just watched Manly send a man up the road while my teammates held on for dear life. I was so tired that I picked awful wheels to follow and made it harder for myself.

Eleri and DHBC did a great job, glad I could support the race and I think my club just might steal their entire schedule. we had 2 ladies podium theladies race, both have done heaps of hill repeats and spin sessions, and we had two go down in D grade... Some good and some bad.

Mental note if you are 20kms from the track do not leave your kit at home. :lol:
Are you here? https://carbonaddictionphoto.wordpress. ... -cemetery/
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:56 pm

Not in Pete's photos. Good snaps though

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:18 pm

mikesbytes wrote:
Xplora wrote:Rookwood B grade

Are you here? https://carbonaddictionphoto.wordpress. ... -cemetery/
That's my frankenbike Hillbrick behind the bus shelter in those pics. The shame!
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:32 pm

Penrith Regatta C Grade (second race)
Not a lot to say too. Did the same silly mistake I did in my first race.
Finished but not anywhere near the podium.
Well done Penrith CC team, team work definitely helps :)
I need to race more to mark people so I know what to do on the last lap. ... Charge to experience again, I enjoyed it though :D

Strawburger

Postby Strawburger » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:08 pm

Xplora wrote:Not in Pete's photos. Good snaps though
Didn't realise there were a few BNA'ers there, I would have said g'day. Don (leximack) was also in B grade.

I rode B as well, was the guy on the fluro green bike hurting people near the front of the pack :) The pack was surging a fair bit, lots of braking into the corners due to the wet weather and road surface. The course was great, not one for the climbers like last years edition though. Can't wait for the next one!
n=10 (2013 & 2004 roads,2010 track,2x 2009 foldups,1990 hybrid,1992 trainer,2007 rental,1970's step through,1980's zeus)

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:12 pm

Suvelo controlled the chase and shut it all down pretty much by the prim. Not a lot of enthusiasm for a chase, always hard when no one knows you and they don't trust your legs to do the job. Spewing that Evan got away, he does it every race lol

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:35 pm

Strawburger wrote:
Didn't realise there were a few BNA'ers there, I would have said g'day. Don (leximack) was also in B grade.

I rode B as well, was the guy on the fluro green bike hurting people near the front of the pack :) The pack was surging a fair bit, lots of braking into the corners due to the wet weather and road surface. The course was great, not one for the climbers like last years edition though. Can't wait for the next one!
Sounds like the course would of suited me

I hear B grade ave 37 for the bunch and 38.5 for the breakaway

vander

Postby vander » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:44 pm

I was also out at rookwood is a grade and I agree with what everyone said. Fun little course out there will definitely be back. Apparently it is very deceptively hard by the number if people that were dropping off. Fun day out despite the wet and the cold. Next one is going to sell out quick

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:29 am

Well done vander and great work backing up for some quality extras!

Mike that was about right. Shame, A grade was between 41 and 38, I am not saying they were sandBaggers... But I did have bad prep that morning and Bowen robbed me of a lot of kick on a track that was not forgiving much.

hugh stone

Race Report Thread

Postby hugh stone » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:29 am

Serious amount of anaerobic efforts required in B Grade. Spent the race dangling off the back - shoulda made the effort to get further up and avoid the dredded accordion effect that was making it harder than it needed to be. Next time [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]
Last edited by hugh stone on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:03 am

While it felt better up front, mate, the effort to stay there was crushing!

cerb

Postby cerb » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:53 am

Do people race more safely when racing around a graveyard?

I hear people are dying for entry *groan*

toppity

Postby toppity » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:32 pm

I raced for the first time in a few years on Sunday. "D" grade Vets Crit. Now I remember why I stopped racing. Got dropped 1/2 way in haha.
I ride several bicycles, but not at once.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:35 pm

cerb wrote:Do people race more safely when racing around a graveyard?

instead of hay bales they dig holes on the corners :)

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:05 pm

I know its against the law to be buried in a cemetery if you are living close to it.
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:30 pm

Regardless of the pun, it was an absolute bloodbath out there. Rainy, tight corners and quite patchy roads had an accident in every grade, someone from my club went to hospital to get cleaned up after copping a bump which brought down three riders. Glad to stay upright!

vander

Postby vander » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm

It was pretty safe being mostly off the front of the race. Wasn't as sketchy as a lot of people made out. I think not enough people ride in the rain

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:12 pm

Strawburger wrote:

The green de rosa? If so, you pulled up next to me at the finish. I must say, it's a pretty close match to the NWSCC green :-)
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:33 pm

vander wrote:It was pretty safe being mostly off the front of the race. Wasn't as sketchy as a lot of people made out. I think not enough people ride in the rain
Not all of us had the legs to stay off the front :oops: :oops: :oops:

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:21 pm

Xplora wrote:

Regardless of the pun, it was an absolute bloodbath out there. Rainy, tight corners and quite patchy roads had an accident in every grade, someone from my club went to hospital to get cleaned up after copping a bump which brought down three riders. Glad to stay upright!
heard a girl broke a spoke and kept riding then caused a pileup. Was this the accident?

Eleri

Postby Eleri » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:56 pm

Thanks for the feedback (and the puns)! We were delighted with how it went overall but sad about a couple of crashes - fortunately not too serious.

Real credit must go to DHBC Race Director James Rogers and a raft of DHBC volunteers who did a fantastic job. Plus everyone else who came along and of course Rookwood Cemetery Trust who provided the venue and traffic management. Awesome venue for a race!
heard a girl broke a spoke and kept riding then caused a pileup. Was this the accident?
Nope Mike - she broke a number of spokes in the crash. It was an accident of riders coming into contact with each other in a race situation.

Strawburger

Postby Strawburger » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:52 pm

queequeg wrote:
The green de rosa? If so, you pulled up next to me at the finish. I must say, it's a pretty close match to the NWSCC green :-)
Yes, that is me.

Hehehe, you fishing for a frame swap?
n=10 (2013 & 2004 roads,2010 track,2x 2009 foldups,1990 hybrid,1992 trainer,2007 rental,1970's step through,1980's zeus)