Poor form, on the roads (Rant here)

rebilda

Poor form, on the roads (Rant here)

Postby rebilda » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:02 am

Just back from a quick spin down to Waterfall & back (South of Sydney)
On my return leg, I caught up to two guys who had been riding at a similar speed to me but a fair distance ahead (they were caught at a set of lights).
Sitting in behind these guys turned out to be a Big mistake!
They were weaving left/right, the whole way. Jutting out into traffic without looking, or signalling and then abusing the cars that nearly hit them and tooted the horn! (it was at that point I backed off and created a bit of distance between me and them)
At a Ped crossing in Sutho, the slower of the two rode straight through a red light to catch up to his mate.... to the disgust of the fellow I was riding next to at that stage.
So.... to the two guys this morning. One in a blue Two Monkeys Kit, the other with a white Jet Cycles jersey and a Fluro Yello Pinorello with white wall tyres. You are seriously just F*(AT)#ing it up for everyone else! Riding like complete C@&%s !!
If you cant hold your line, or ride with even just a little bit of respect for anyone else on the road, then Please.... Dont come down to the Shire! We dont need you here.

End of Rant!!
My Garage = Restored Paino - the "Fixie" - Giant Trance X2 - Azzurri Forza Pro Di2 - GT Avalanche 1 & 2

mtb1011

Re: Poor form, on the roads (Rant here)

Postby mtb1011 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:13 am

why draft them???, just let them go and enjoy your ride, it's not your business to police the roads.

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:31 pm

mtb1011 wrote:why draft them???, just let them go and enjoy your ride, it's not your business to police the roads.
Seriously? Maybe when you are subject to a punishment pass for no reason you will work it out.

Besides, if I see yobbo beating up a pregnant woman, I guess that that is not my business either. I should just go on and enjoy my day. :roll:
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

10speedsemiracer

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:04 pm

mtb1011 wrote:why draft them???, just let them go and enjoy your ride, it's not your business to police the roads.
The drafting issue isn't important, was (I believe) just to indicate that this was how the behaviour came to be observed.

If these guys were behaving like this on mini-bikes up and down the street, there'd be some form of commentary. This is the same. Idiocy and irresponsibility needs to identified and awareness created in order to modify the behaviour. What if, in the course of their riding, the poor road etiquette resulted in one or more of them being hit by a truck? The truck driver, in the absence of a dash cam, would be on the hook wrongly.

Even just the poor on-road behaviour being observed by non-cyclists, and then contributing to the mindset that cyclists are careless/reckless/inconsiderate/whatever-else, it needs calling out.
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go