ProBikeKit: is my experience typical?

cooperplace

ProBikeKit: is my experience typical?

Postby cooperplace » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:16 pm

I ordered from them a Garmin Vivoactive GPS watch, and it came without the charger. This is 10 days ago. It says on the box that the charger is included. I've emailed them about 6 times but no reply. Is my disappointing experience typical of them?
Please be nice to me, I'm not very bright.

biker jk

Re: ProBikeKit: is my experience typical?

Postby biker jk » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:39 pm

I tbought Probikekit didn't sell Garmin products to Australia?

cooperplace

Postby cooperplace » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:48 pm

probikekit.com.au

brokenbus

Postby brokenbus » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:49 pm

I brother in-law bought a Fitbit thingy and couldn't find the charger. I had a look at the box and there was a an extra piece of plastic and the charger was under that. Have a good look at the box as yours may be the same
Nicko

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:53 pm

cooperplace wrote:probikekit.com.au
Unfortunately Garmin products are restricted from sale to Australia - please click here to see our full range of cycle computers

https://www.probikekit.com.au/brands/garmin.list

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:34 pm

I don`t think that you`ve bought it from ProBikeKit.com.au.

So you`ve bought it recently,then check your email of your receipt of where did you bought it from unless it`s the Polar GPS watch.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

cooperplace

Postby cooperplace » Mon May 01, 2017 12:45 am

brokenbus wrote:I brother in-law bought a Fitbit thingy and couldn't find the charger. I had a look at the box and there was a an extra piece of plastic and the charger was under that. Have a good look at the box as yours may be the same
Nicko
don't be ridiculous; of course it wasn't in the box.

cooperplace

Postby cooperplace » Mon May 01, 2017 12:48 am

Bunged Knee wrote:I don`t think that you`ve bought it from ProBikeKit.com.au.

So you`ve bought it recently,then check your email of your receipt of where did you bought it from unless it`s the Polar GPS watch.
ProBikeKit.com.au, regardless of what you think

brokenbus

Postby brokenbus » Mon May 01, 2017 8:41 am

cooperplace wrote:
brokenbus wrote:I brother in-law bought a Fitbit thingy and couldn't find the charger. I had a look at the box and there was a an extra piece of plastic and the charger was under that. Have a good look at the box as yours may be the same
Nicko
No need to be rude mate. It happened as i stated to my brother in law and the compartment that held the charger cable was not obvious.

CycloTron

Postby CycloTron » Mon May 01, 2017 8:58 am

cooperplace wrote:I ordered from them a Garmin Vivoactive GPS watch, and it came without the charger. This is 10 days ago. It says on the box that the charger is included. I've emailed them about 6 times but no reply. Is my disappointing experience typical of them?
I've personally always found PBK to be very good with their customer and after sales service. Emails usually responded to the next UK business day.

One thing you could try is to get on their website during UK business hours and try their live chat. That way, you can possibly get an answer on the spot.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Mon May 01, 2017 11:06 am

Charger?

You mean the little cable with a USB at one end, garmin type plug at the other? Not in there?

madmacca

Postby madmacca » Mon May 01, 2017 3:09 pm

CycloTron wrote:
cooperplace wrote:I ordered from them a Garmin Vivoactive GPS watch, and it came without the charger. This is 10 days ago. It says on the box that the charger is included. I've emailed them about 6 times but no reply. Is my disappointing experience typical of them?
I've personally always found PBK to be very good with their customer and after sales service. Emails usually responded to the next UK business day.

One thing you could try is to get on their website during UK business hours and try their live chat. That way, you can possibly get an answer on the spot.
Noting that today (1 May) is public holiday in the UK, so a response from probikekit before Tuesday evening or Wednesday is unlikely.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon May 01, 2017 3:17 pm

I'm still curious as to how the OP purchased a Garmin product from Probikekit when they don't ship to Australia?

Tim

Postby Tim » Mon May 01, 2017 3:28 pm

biker jk wrote:I'm still curious as to how the OP purchased a Garmin product from Probikekit when they don't ship to Australia?
Well, tucked away in the PBK UK site is a Garmin Vivofit gadget.
I logged in to a very ancient account I held with PBK from 2012, ordered said device, went to the checkout and lo and behold it allowed delivery.
Wouldn't work with any other Garmin bits and pieces.
I think that one item has slipped past the gate-keeper.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon May 01, 2017 4:26 pm

Tim wrote:
biker jk wrote:I'm still curious as to how the OP purchased a Garmin product from Probikekit when they don't ship to Australia?
Well, tucked away in the PBK UK site is a Garmin Vivofit gadget.
I logged in to a very ancient account I held with PBK from 2012, ordered said device, went to the checkout and lo and behold it allowed delivery.
Wouldn't work with any other Garmin bits and pieces.
I think that one item has slipped past the gate-keeper.
Except that the OP says they purchased a Garmin Vivoactive GPS watch (not a Vivofit) and from Probikekit.com.au.

cooperplace

Postby cooperplace » Mon May 01, 2017 5:25 pm

leaving aside the issue of whether they should have sold it to me or not, they certainly did. And worse, I borrowed a charger, the cradle that it sits in with a USB plug, and it turns out to be have someone else's data in it! They sold me a used unit!

cooperplace

Postby cooperplace » Mon May 01, 2017 5:40 pm

fat and old wrote:Charger?

You mean the little cable with a USB at one end, garmin type plug at the other? Not in there?
that's the one, not there. The box appears to have been tampered with, but the outer package not, so my initial thought was that it must have happened within PBK, but then I found out they'd sent a second-hand item.

cooperplace

Postby cooperplace » Mon May 01, 2017 6:52 pm

brokenbus wrote:
cooperplace wrote:
Nicko
No need to be rude mate. It happened as i stated to my brother in law and the compartment that held the charger cable was not obvious.
I'm sorry, I don't mean to upset you. As soon as it arrived I triple-checked every last corner of the box.

mikedufty

Postby mikedufty » Mon May 01, 2017 8:03 pm

The probikekit.com.au site were definitely advertising the vivoactive hr gps watches, I admit I didn't quite get as far as ordering. Decided to after not finding any decent options in Singapore, but when I got back the price had gone up at probikekit too. Still listed on their site but as out of stock https://www.probikekit.com.au/bicycle-c ... 65907.html

stevecassidy

Postby stevecassidy » Mon May 01, 2017 8:56 pm

Well I've just had a good response to a query about a failed PowerTap power meter from PBK. I used the feedback form on the My Account page, click on your order and there's an option of sending in a query. I got a response within a couple of days and I've had three exchanges with them since.

Steve
Where's your next race? cabici.net lists bike races in Sydney

cooperplace

Postby cooperplace » Mon May 01, 2017 10:52 pm

yeah, it's odd. I just went on the website and bought it. But now when I go to the same website, I get the "restricted" message that others here have quoted. I guess my purchase slipped thru the cracks.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 am

cooperplace wrote:
yeah, it's odd. I just went on the website and bought it. But now when I go to the same website, I get the "restricted" message that others here have quoted. I guess my purchase slipped thru the cracks.
I had to return a faulty bike bag and Probikekit were fine. As mentioned, contact them through "My Account".

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Tue May 02, 2017 3:25 pm

cooperplace wrote:
fat and old wrote:Charger?

that's the one, not there. The box appears to have been tampered with, but the outer package not, so my initial thought was that it must have happened within PBK, but then I found out they'd sent a second-hand item.
I'm not familiar with the item, so not sure about the "cradle" you speak of. But I am familiar with that cord. It's a really common type of plug. I had maybe 4 already that came with other things before I bought a Garmin (510). I thought that maybe you'd have one lying around?

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue May 02, 2017 3:58 pm

Probikekit have a fairly good reputation in the UK however outside of the UK customer service is documented as being poorer.

They made a move to 'launch' on the Australian market but effectively it just meant getting the .com.au but without specifically catering to the Australian Audience.

Regarding the product... it appears that the previous (temporary) owner did not return or include the charger and it makes you think... why was it returned? What was wrong.

You probably wont get an answer so decide if you want a refund or just the missing part. Then if you have done everything from emails to a ticket through your account, next is social media with Twitter or Facebook and polite, concise post.
Cycling is in my BNA

cooperplace

Postby cooperplace » Wed May 03, 2017 7:37 pm

yes, agreed. Likely the previous owner returned it and they didn't check it, but on-sold it as new. I've emailed them again and again. Each time I eventually get a reply saying "sorry, we'll get back to you" and then I hear no more. I've now suggested they refund 50% of the purchase price (incomplete, used unit) and that they reply within 24 hrs. It's a very disappointing experience.