Fit Gits on Bikes

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:21 am

Ahh that's better. From the high teens to position 3 with a single century ride this morning :twisted: .

I don't like those double-digit numbers. ;-)
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

snedden9485

Postby snedden9485 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:42 am

Just found the site the other day. Its really good for keeping your miles logged. I have snuck into 4th position with a 95km ride this morning.
Chris
2011 Giant TCR Advanced SL
2011 Malvern Star Oppy TT9 Time Trial
2011 Giant Omnium Track
2012 Giant XTC Composite 29

sogood

Postby sogood » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:45 am

toolonglegs wrote:Managed 2 hours today...geez it was cold!.There where icicles forming on my bars today,that is a first...mainly because of a freezing fog.I was good till 90min then the temp dipped a couple of degrees.So I still had 30 minutes to get home and I was nearly in tears by the time I got there.It was -5 at 1.30pm!... come on spring!!!.I was even in more pain when I got into the bath while waiting for the blood to return to my toes :lol:
Errr... I think those northerners in cold climates developed those stationary trainers and rollers for reason. :wink:
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:52 pm

:) :) :) CONGRATULATIONS TO PERRY (CAVEBEAR/BREVETBLOKE) FOR WINNING THE 2008 FIT GITS ON BIKES COMPETITION

In making this announcement I am assuming all of the top players have logged their 2008 numbers. Well I hope so :shock:

For Perry's sterling efforts, he has won a jersey (sorry not a BNA one) but one that reflects Perry and his cycling or the evilness of the members here :)

Perry can you please let me know your sizing for the jersey.

Members, I am open for suggestions on a suitable jersey for Perry. Please post your suggestions here. My initial thoughts are:

Image or maybe something like this

Congratulations to everyone who has participated in the competition this year and I hope you have achieved what you wanted to achieve and that this bit of fun helped in some way.

I have un-sticky this thread and will start a new one for 2009 competition and discussion about the same.

Happy new year
Andrew

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:52 pm

sogood wrote:
toolonglegs wrote:Managed 2 hours today...geez it was cold!.There where icicles forming on my bars today,that is a first...mainly because of a freezing fog.I was good till 90min then the temp dipped a couple of degrees.So I still had 30 minutes to get home and I was nearly in tears by the time I got there.It was -5 at 1.30pm!... come on spring!!!.I was even in more pain when I got into the bath while waiting for the blood to return to my toes :lol:
Errr... I think those northerners in cold climates developed those stationary trainers and rollers for reason. :wink:
I spend time on them as well but trainers are not as much fun :lol:
Yesterday I bought glove liners,proper socks and new beanie...managed 3 hours but the last 45 mins where pure agony,I had to sit on the couch for 15 minutes in pure pain when I got home as the blood returned to my wooden hands and toes...it was even colder but dryer than the day before.Made me dream last nigh about heated inserts!...apparently they can be bought to fit my Sidi winter boots and are remote controlled...nice!.Not sure what to do for the fingers,my problem is I have damaged a lot of my fingers thru racing motorbikes and my middle left finger is very sensitive to cold...I was wondering about heat gel packs?.
But even thou it was well in the minus' numbers yesteray I would have seen at least 50 riders out... :shock: including one of the bunches which was mainly kids!!!.

snark

Postby snark » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:38 pm

Without wading through all 61 pages (!) of this thread, is it worth signing up on BJ and joining the BNA club for someone who is still (relatively) beginning? I've clocked up about 1200km from October last year to now...

Simon.

sogood

Postby sogood » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:43 pm

toolonglegs wrote:I spend time on them as well but trainers are not as much fun :lol:
managed 3 hours but the last 45 mins where pure agony,I had to sit on the couch for 15 minutes in pure pain when I got home as the blood returned to my wooden hands and toes...
You've got it all wrong! Cycling is for pain, not fun!

As for your repeated near frost bite on extremities, I am not sure it's good for your health in the long run. :wink:
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:53 pm

snark wrote:Without wading through all 61 pages (!) of this thread, is it worth signing up on BJ and joining the BNA club for someone who is still (relatively) beginning? I've clocked up about 1200km from October last year to now...

Simon.
Absolutely mate. I use BJ mainly as a diary for myself, and the added competition is the icing on the cake. There's a new sticky for 2009 BTW ;-).
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:05 pm

sogood wrote:
toolonglegs wrote:I spend time on them as well but trainers are not as much fun :lol:
managed 3 hours but the last 45 mins where pure agony,I had to sit on the couch for 15 minutes in pure pain when I got home as the blood returned to my wooden hands and toes...
You've got it all wrong! Cycling is for pain, not fun!

As for your repeated near frost bite on extremities, I am not sure it's good for your health in the long run. :wink:
I was just saying to someone else that I passed someone out training on the way home from dropping someone at the airport...it said it was -8 outside on my car thermometer!...way too keen,I can only last an hour or less at that...will wait till it gets closer to the daily max for today.... -2 :lol:

cavebear2

Re: Fit Gits on Bikes

Postby cavebear2 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:26 pm

Finally, here it is..... the picture you all haven't been waiting for!!

A photo of me taken today after my 382 km Audax 'Oppy', in my winning jersey (Audax Australia of course) for the 2008 Fit Gits on Bikes Bike Journal BNA comp.

edit: I also rode 78 kms total to and from the start of the event (as if I didn't get enough k's in during the event :roll: )
Last edited by cavebear2 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 14 times in total.

madrapper

Postby madrapper » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:31 pm

I think cavebear is tired :P

No picture and perhaps he meant 2009

EDIT :- or perhaps I'm tired & it was indeed for the 2008 competition.. :)
Cheers,
Dave

ScottDavis

Postby ScottDavis » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:55 pm

OMGosh! 460km in thongs! :shock:

:lol:
2009 Focus Raven Expert, 2008 Oppy Le Mauco (In Blue), 2005 Avanti Corsa Carbonio, 2003 GT i-Drive 3.0
http://twitter.com/ScottDavis
http://700x23.wordpress.com/

cavebear2

Postby cavebear2 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:58 pm

ScottDavis wrote:OMGosh! 460km in thongs! :shock: :lol:
Yes, but they are special thongs, charged with particles of CF :roll:

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:02 pm

cavebear2 wrote:
ScottDavis wrote:OMGosh! 460km in thongs! :shock: :lol:
Yes, but they are special thongs, charged with particles of CF :roll:
Well done on your oppy. Since you are posting I assume you survived? Are you too tired for a quick report? At least to let us know everyone is ok?

I even made a topic for you viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14065 :D
<removed by request>

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:16 pm

Insane.... :D

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:50 pm

cavebear2 wrote:Finally, here it is..... the picture you all haven't been waiting for!!

A photo of me taken today after my 382 km Audax 'Oppy', in my winning jersey (Audax Australia of course) for the 2008 Fit Gits on Bikes Bike Journal BNA comp.
edit: I also rode 78 kms total to and from the start of the event (as if I didn't get enough k's in during the event :roll: )
G'day

Well done on the ride! That kills off any chance of catching you up this year :)

For those curious, the jersey is Perry's prize for wining the 2008 Fits Gits competition. There will be a jersey on offer again this year.

Regards
Andrew

Munster

Postby Munster » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:52 am

Hi Andrew,

Just wondering if i can join the club on Bike Journal.

Les
2010 Giant TCR Advanced
2010 GT Avalanche 2.0

Sean123

Postby Sean123 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:19 am

Andrew,

I just received an email saying that my membership to the BNA group on Bike Journal has been removed. Can you reactivate it?

Regards,
Sean

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:23 am

Munster wrote:Hi Andrew,

Just wondering if i can join the club on Bike Journal.

Les
Hi Les

Thanks for posting here and yes please just re-join. Now that I know you, I will not remove you.

Have fun riding and all the best in the rankings.

Andrew

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:24 am

Sean123 wrote:Andrew,

I just received an email saying that my membership to the BNA group on Bike Journal has been removed. Can you reactivate it?

Regards,
Sean
Hi Sean

Thanks for posting here and yes please just re-join (I can't do it for you). Now that I know you, I will not remove you. I assume BTW your BJ user name is the same as here; yes?

Have fun riding and all the best in the rankings.

Andrew