Moron Motorists #3

pj

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby pj » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:17 am

bychosis wrote:
pj wrote:Can we complain about moron passengers here also?

Rolls down window, drops out gum and wrapper, closes window. I really wanted to pick it up and stick it on their windscreen but I wasn't wearing gloves :P

Another $250 for the state budget.....

Can’t see the plates, but in Nsw at least there is a very easy online litterer reporting system on the epa website. I’ve used it a couple of times for lazy sods that flick their cig buts out the window.
Done, I have the plates in the full size version :P

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:08 pm

find_bruce wrote:Lots of crashes at Rodd Point, mostly cars running wide or cutting the corner, at least prior to installing concrete barriers. Still don't recall any ending up in the bay however.
Ah you have refreshed my memory, it was a long time ago 1990 - 1992 and it was Rodd Pt heading towards 5dock. The car was sitting there while I jogged past early in the morning so presumably sometime during the night
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

L3Spoke

Postby L3Spoke » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:26 pm

Just new, is it ok to defend cars on here or only cyclist ? will i get banned ? I am a cyclist
I hope ..to look forward to objective discussions.

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:51 pm

L3Spoke wrote:Just new, is it ok to defend cars on here or only cyclist ? will i get banned ? I am a cyclist
I hope ..to look forward to objective discussions.
For balance there is also a Good Motorist thread :lol:

There is also also a Dumb Cyclist and Pedestrian thread...so there are plenty of objective discussions to be had around here. Way more than all of the car/4by/camping forums (combined!) I am on! Hang, that might have been a bit subjective :mrgreen:

L3Spoke

Postby L3Spoke » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:13 pm

I propose we start a petition that we, cyclist.. pay and have registration and insurance. Lets be proactive instead of us saying give us more money for paths and road culture. It is half the win :)
Shall we set it up !?

am50em

Postby am50em » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:43 pm

Please return to your motoring forums.

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:02 pm

am50em wrote:Please return to your motoring forums.
Yep. Clearly fishing me thinks. :(

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:26 pm

TheWall wrote:
Yes, most cyclists understand that motorists are subsidised by cyclists. If only motorists paid the full costs of road construction and maintenance, road deaths and injuries, pollution and congestion.

CKinnard

Postby CKinnard » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:04 pm

L3Spoke wrote:I propose we start a petition that we, cyclist.. pay and have registration and insurance. Lets be proactive instead of us saying give us more money for paths and road culture. It is half the win :)
Shall we set it up !?
How about cyclists get a rebate off their Medicare Levy and vehicle rego for not damaging their bodies and roads as much as others?

How about motorists do user pays for their rego and insurance by paying for it through a fuel levy?
The more k's you drive, the higher your rego and insurance for the increased damage you do to do roads, and the greater risk you are of causing accidents.
Now that's fair.

L3Spoke

Postby L3Spoke » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:09 pm

I take that as a NO ? Disappointing. I think it is fair and the best path to win.
Very serious. In fact, can someone also advise what the best cycling charity organizations / causes are ?

human909

Postby human909 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:18 pm

I'll bite...
L3Spoke wrote:I take that as a NO ? Disappointing. I think it is fair.
Please elaborate on this notion of fair you are suggesting. How are things currently unfair and how will any proposals make it more fair?
L3Spoke wrote:and the best path to win.
The best path is long and complex and more about urban planning as a whole. There are some excellent overseas examples that show this path. Great places for holidays too.

Oh and many people here would be quite happy with $0 for cycling specific infrastructure and instead motor vehicles simply stopped killing pedestrians and cyclists on our roads.

Is not being killed while going to work or riding with your family too much to ask? (I was riding with a 3 year old and a 4 year old yesterday.)

Trevtassie

Postby Trevtassie » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:27 pm

L3Spoke wrote:I take that as a NO ? Disappointing. I think it is fair and the best path to win.
Very serious. In fact, can someone also advise what the best cycling charity organizations / causes are ?
Vehicles do not pay for the roads they use. Worst offenders are trucks. That's why trains can't compete, because trucks basically receive use of the road pretty well for free compared to the damage they do.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:36 pm

L3Spoke wrote:I propose we start a petition that we, cyclist.. pay and have registration and insurance. Lets be proactive instead of us saying give us more money for paths and road culture. It is half the win :)
Shall we set it up !?
I propose that cyclists get a refund on their motor vehicle registration as when then are cycling instead of driving they are causing 1/1000 the wear and tear on the road surface
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

skull

Postby skull » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:39 pm

TheWall wrote:
Yeah I guessed that from post number 1.

NASHIE

Postby NASHIE » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:43 pm

Funds raised from a rego on a 6-10kg, 0 hp vehicle (bike) would surly only just cover the documentation/policing. Cant see any funds left over to build paths.

The 1-2% of motorists that hate bikes on the roads will always hate bikes rego or no rego.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:03 pm

Moron motorist today. Rounds a corner and plies straight through a wall across another road and into another wall. Luckily no injurys. All witnessed by horrified onlookers.

My 10yo Needs more lessons I think after he forgot to brake during an indoor go kart race :)
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:24 pm

Shall we set it up !?
Bring back the rider killed by a registered vehicle near Canberra today and I'll vote for your idea.

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:05 pm

https://www.news.com.au/national/victor ... 509ee2e00b
Police are still investigating the exact cause of the collision, but are treating the crash as accidental.
You heard it first, running a red light is now considered accidental.

b4igo

Postby b4igo » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:17 pm

P!N20 wrote:https://www.news.com.au/national/victor ... 509ee2e00b
Police are still investigating the exact cause of the collision, but are treating the crash as accidental.
You heard it first, running a red light is now considered accidental.
RACV van... oh the irony.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:06 am

The funniest thing about that news article on the TV last night was the headline suggested it was the uber driver at fault...

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:12 am

Shall we set it up !?
Go to a different Forum (Whirlpool) and check how many people create threads about what do they do after a crash (not an accident, no such thing on the road), and check how many motor vehicles aren't insured.

I suggest rather than a discount on registration, all motor vehicles are required to have GPS loggers to record their mileage to pay for the damage their vehicles are doing to roads. This way electric vehicles will pay their share.

I have insurance for when I ride. The same can't be said for all motor vehicles. Compulsory third party doesn't cover property, unlike some people think.

I like the Medicare rebate idea. It needs to be investigated further

Philistine

Postby Philistine » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:21 am

Trevtassie wrote: Vehicles do not pay for the roads they use. Worst offenders are trucks. That's why trains can't compete, because trucks basically receive use of the road pretty well for free compared to the damage they do.
This is spot on, and I am amazed that other road users are not more vocal in protesting about it. I posted a link a while ago on another thread (sorry I can't find it but I shall keep looking) that highlighted an American report into road damage caused by trucks. The report found that, among other things, one eighteen wheeler truck did the same amount of damage to the road surface as nine thousand six hundred medium sized cars. If you extrapolate this to bikes, then there are not enough bikes in the World to do as much damage as one truck.

Philistine

Postby Philistine » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:48 am

Philistine wrote: ......sorry I can't find it but I shall keep looking....
Here it is.
http://archive.gao.gov/f0302/109884.pdf

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:04 am

jasonc wrote:Compulsory third party doesn't cover property, unlike some people think.
Compulsory 3rd party also doesn't cover all of the personal injury caused by the motor vehicle - various state governments have made 3rd party cheaper by restricting the ability of injured people to recover for the damage they have suffered - its something like 45 cents in the dollar goes to the actual injured people.

pj

Postby pj » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:56 pm

Forgot to post these morons last week