Moron Motorists #3

cogs19

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby cogs19 » Fri May 04, 2018 4:54 am

Update on my incident - struck from behind in roundabout.

Police will not pass on name/details of offending driver as they’ve started an investigation.

I will be giving a statement next week.

Anyone want to speculate as to why they’re keen to investigate now? Previously they just wanted to find the driver and facilitate the exchange of details (the driver fled the scene).

human909

Postby human909 » Fri May 04, 2018 5:42 am

cogs19 wrote:I will be giving a statement next week.
That is great new regarding getting police action and hopefully justice on the issue.

It might not be great news regarding getting fast compensation for you bike. These things take time and until you have the contact details you can't get the ball rolling on compensation. And even then the police can't force the other person or their insurance to compensate you.
cogs19 wrote:Anyone want to speculate as to why they’re keen to investigate now? Previously they just wanted to find the driver and facilitate the exchange of details (the driver fled the scene).
I suspected the latter option involves less paperwork and effort for them though I doubt that approach is allowed.

You pursuing the incident more firmly might have prompted them to open an actual investigation into the incident. Which likely involves a fair bit more work and administration and likely have certain restrictions on providing other parties personal information to those involved.

Thoglette

Bus driver charged after hitting pedestrian

Postby Thoglette » Fri May 04, 2018 10:59 am

Bus driver charged after hitting pedestrian crossing a road in Sydney's west
Bellinda Kontominas, ABC Online wrote:
A 25-year-old man was attempting to cross the road near the intersection of Pentland Avenue and Canterbury Road in Punchbowl when he was struck by the bus.

The 56-year-old bus driver was.... charged with causing bodily harm by misconduct in charge of a motor vehicle, negligent driving and not stopping at a the stop line at a red light.
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

pj

Postby pj » Sat May 05, 2018 12:51 pm

Two in a row...

human909

Re: Bus driver charged after hitting pedestrian

Postby human909 » Sat May 05, 2018 1:44 pm

Thoglette wrote:Bus driver charged after hitting pedestrian crossing a road in Sydney's west
Bellinda Kontominas, ABC Online wrote:
A 25-year-old man was attempting to cross the road near the intersection of Pentland Avenue and Canterbury Road in Punchbowl when he was struck by the bus.

The 56-year-old bus driver was.... charged with causing bodily harm by misconduct in charge of a motor vehicle, negligent driving and not stopping at a the stop line at a red light.
Funny how these charges are rarely brought against drivers who hit cyclists....

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon May 07, 2018 5:21 am

This guy has to be a leading candidate for MM of the year. He drives a stolen ute past a cop shop with allegedly stolen items in it while drunk and on a suspended licence and then waves at the cops as he drives past!

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia ... ar-AAwQ4TT

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon May 07, 2018 3:23 pm

pj wrote:Two in a row...

I reckon I'd have been riding further out to block those cars from squeezing through those narrow speed-bump sections. That's what I do when I approach those kinds of road areas.

Derny Driver

Postby Derny Driver » Mon May 07, 2018 7:16 pm

Ross wrote:This guy has to be a leading candidate for MM of the year. He drives a stolen ute past a cop shop with allegedly stolen items in it while drunk and on a suspended licence and then waves at the cops as he drives past!

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia ... ar-AAwQ4TT
Homeless guy obviously want to go back into prison. Did the trick. Bail refused :wink:
One of my ex students with a long criminal history recently went to the local Police station and fired a shotgun into the air in the carpark, then waited for the boys to come out and arrest him. He's been in prison nearly all his live and is "institutionalised" his lawyer said. As I said, I taught him in primary school and he's actually a kind hearted kid ...but brought up in a criminal family. In Goulburn gaol he converted to Islam and is now a gang member.

BianchiCam

Postby BianchiCam » Wed May 09, 2018 9:55 am

All submitted

pj

Postby pj » Wed May 09, 2018 11:53 pm

BianchiCam wrote:All submitted
To the police?

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri May 11, 2018 10:21 am

Moron driver reverses across an intersection and hits a cyclist (who while looking right while rolling through a Give Way, somehow didn't see it coming). News report says cyclist turned right to avoid being hit but it was actually a left turn.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/ ... -melbourne

duncanm

Postby duncanm » Fri May 11, 2018 11:21 am

biker jk wrote:Moron driver reverses across an intersection and hits a cyclist (who while looking right while rolling through a Give Way, somehow didn't see it coming). News report says cyclist turned right to avoid being hit but it was actually a left turn.

"No charges were laid" -- why the hell not?!

Vic. Road rules:
296 Driving a vehicle in reverse
(1) The driver of a vehicle must not reverse the vehicle unless the driver can do so safely.
Penalty: 3 penalty units.

AdelaidePeter

Postby AdelaidePeter » Fri May 11, 2018 11:31 am

duncanm wrote:
biker jk wrote:Moron driver reverses across an intersection and hits a cyclist (who while looking right while rolling through a Give Way, somehow didn't see it coming). News report says cyclist turned right to avoid being hit but it was actually a left turn.

Vic. Road rules:
(1) The driver of a vehicle must not reverse the vehicle unless the driver can do so safely.
I was wondering if the cyclist was also at fault because the wording of the road rule is that the driver/rider giving way must give way to "a vehicle in, entering or approaching the intersection", and the SUV was still "in" the intersection.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri May 11, 2018 12:51 pm

AdelaidePeter wrote:
duncanm wrote:

Vic. Road rules:
I was wondering if the cyclist was also at fault because the wording of the road rule is that the driver/rider giving way must give way to "a vehicle in, entering or approaching the intersection", and the SUV was still "in" the intersection.
I thought reversing vehicles have no right of way?

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri May 11, 2018 1:00 pm

don't know whether i'll bother with this one

BobtheBuilder

Postby BobtheBuilder » Sat May 12, 2018 8:24 am

Whatever the technicalities, there were heaps of riders around and the driver should have been way more careful. The footage is a shocker.

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat May 12, 2018 8:03 pm

More Canberra drivers distracted by phones as number of fines rises

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/nation ... 4zee6.html
ACT police fined more people for illegally using their mobile phones while driving last year than in the previous three years.
More people were fined for using a phone behind the wheel in the ACT last year than in any of the three previous years.

More people were fined for using a phone behind the wheel in the ACT last year than in any of the three previous years.

Officers dished out fines to 1299 people in 2017, the most in any one year in the territory since 2013.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun May 13, 2018 8:40 pm

Happy to report that the ABS, high-beams, horn and optical collision avoidance system in my Lancer all functioned perfectly when tested today when a light coloured small SUV coming uphill on Racecourse road decided to give the invisible bicycle it was apparently overtaking a very wide berth this arvo...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

pj

Postby pj » Mon May 14, 2018 7:20 pm

This is just plain rude, he had an empty lane beside him!

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Mon May 14, 2018 9:10 pm

Driving tonight I'm turning right from a back road into another back road, a car is approaching from the back I'm turning into and I can see her face is illuminated so I look real close as I turn and sure enough she's using the phone as she drives but it get worse, she's holding the phone with both hands texting (I was almost close enough to read the texts) and she's using the forearms just below the elbows to hold the steering wheel.

I'm wondering if a cop had saw her illuminated face (from the phone) would they have gone for a closer look and booked her?
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Mon May 14, 2018 10:58 pm

Driving home yesterday, car in front was a little slow out of the roundabout. Not bad, but a bit of a warning - you know. Anyhow, indicates to turn right well in advance of the right turn to our subdivision then proceeds to veer into the oncoming right turn lane area and over to the wrong side of the road where there is no right turn to be had. I honked the horn and they recovered to be correct side of the road while I backed off some more. Not sure if drunk, texting or following gps directions too early, but it wasn’t good.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue May 15, 2018 8:37 pm

Mums brawl over car space as school kids watch

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia ... ar-AAxiyLw
Police have been called in to break up a fight between two mothers outside a western Sydney school.

The feud started during school pick-up at a school in Harris Park on Monday afternoon, as dozens of young children watched on.

Mobile phone footage obtained by 9NEWS shows school staff, other parents and even a nun trying to intervene as the women continue to yell at one another.

9NEWS understands the argument was over a car parking space.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Wed May 16, 2018 3:27 pm

Ross wrote:Mums brawl over car space as school kids watch

Police have been called in to break up a fight between two mothers outside a western Sydney school.

The feud started during school pick-up at a school in Harris Park on Monday afternoon, as dozens of young children watched on.

Mobile phone footage obtained by 9NEWS shows school staff, other parents and even a nun trying to intervene as the women continue to yell at one another.

9NEWS understands the argument was over a car parking space.
Their health would improve if they walked to/from the school and parking issues are eliminated
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed May 16, 2018 3:36 pm

Ross wrote:Mums brawl over car space as school kids watch

How damn ridiculous is that :shock: :roll:

Ross

Postby Ross » Wed May 16, 2018 9:14 pm

Police investigate apparent road rage incident in Kambah

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/nation ... 4zfjj.html
ACT police have appealed for help identifying a car involved in an apparent road rage incident last week, with the territory's top traffic cop saying the driver will likely face criminal charges.

Police have released dashcam video of the incident, which happened on Sulwood Drive, Kambah, about 2.55pm on Monday, May 7.

The video shows a black Toyota Kluger SUV pulling out into the emergency stopping lane and speeding up to draw level with the car in front as they head west on Sulwood Drive.

The Toyota then swerves into the other car and winds up in the dirt on the side of the road, before turning around and driving away in the opposite direction.
Kluger driver gets owned! He (presuming the sex of the driver here...) tries to push in to a turning lane at the last second instead of getting in the correct lane several hundred metres back and then rightly (IMO) the Mazda (?) isn't having a bar of it and doesn't let Kluger merge and then Kluger tailgates Mazda and then swings out onto the inside (left) of the Mazda and then swings back toward it and appears to try and ram it but Mazda reacts back and Kluger is pushed back out into the dirt and nearly hits tree and/or light pole. Kluger decides it doesn't want to play anymore and then does a U turn and nearly takes out oncoming traffic. Both as bad as each other really.