New Fly6 CE and Fly12 CE Camera's

simonf00

Re: New Fly6 CE and Fly12 CE Camera's

Postby simonf00 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:58 am

li2099 wrote:I've just tried the latest firmware update for the Fly6CE again.
It says DSP firmware: 1.1.25.6
Is that the latest as on Cycliq: 1.1.25.636
https://support.cycliq.com/support/solu ... t-firmware
On mine, when I check on the Mac App it shows the correct version (1.1.25.636). On the iOS App it shows 1.1.25.6. Strange.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:32 pm

My guess is that it is just be truncated and the last two digits are cut. Typically, the firmware updated have much bigger jumps in the versioning.
Cycling is in my BNA

Jmuzz

Postby Jmuzz » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:08 pm

Chopping off the last two digits is a known bug.
If you read config.txt from the SD card you will see the full number in there.

li2099

Postby li2099 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:15 pm

Thanks for the responses.

Drizt

Postby Drizt » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:18 pm

Definitely my last cycliq product. They have been far too slow in fixing the video quality issues.

Drizt

Postby Drizt » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:56 am

To the Wahoo users.

Are you having the same issues (GPS) when using the Fly12CE ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g6juJ5SkzM

dmwill

Postby dmwill » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:21 pm

My 6CE has failed after 5 weeks and just a few rides. Conveniently it stopped working on a wet, dark road at 5:30am this morning - I didn't know for about 8km :shock:

Camera lens is all fogged up and there is condensation over the LEDs. Interestingly enough my friend had the same issue a week prior.
I'm guessing our's are both from the bad batch with the dodgy seal (we got ours from the same store, maybe a few months apart).

I recall having to register my unit and serial when I setup the phone app - I wonder if Cycliq ever thought of informing customers who may have the bad batch or if they are just waiting for people to complain?

dmwill

Postby dmwill » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:10 pm

New unit being sent out.

The quality control isn't quite there in my opinion with Cycliq products (I've had 2 warranty replacements on my older gen 2). But to Cycliq's credit they sort out warranty issues rather quickly!

One minor annoyance with the velcro straps is the rubber backing - the longer strap is folded in the box, when you unfold it, the rubber backing has a tenancy to stick together and tear.

Drizt

Postby Drizt » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:12 pm

Probably going to get rid of my Fly12CE. I don't really use the light part of it, so can anyone else make some suggestions?

I'm thinking about getting a GoPro Hero 6 and extended battery. To my surprise, there isn't many viable extended batteries that are waterproof.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:26 pm

tomee wrote:are there any good mounts for under the saddle?

i dont have much seatpost real estate because im a shortarse.
Saddle rail mount and the cycliq adapter works well as previously mentioned, however im running an ass saver so i used a 3D printed bracket instead

if you have a bit of room to install the mount, you should be ok.

li2099

Postby li2099 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:30 pm

Well after yesterday's wet ride back from work, I noticed my Fly6CE has the same fogged up lens as others.
Gonna contact Pushys to warranty it.
Really don't want to ride around without one.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:21 am

If you are an early buyer @li2099, this is most likely the 'known' assembly issue which affected the rubber seal.

The corrected versions have a slightly different feel to the rubber and a better fit. Strangely, in many many months since riding the replacement, I have not had a single ride with heavier rain.

Until you get it sorted, I was actually able to keep the rubber seal open (with a rubber band) and allow the moisture to dry over a few days... after which the unit continued to work. That could be a temporary solution... If Pushys are slow.. although they are actually your first point of contact, the next option is Cycliq.... and they are usually fairly swift.
Cycling is in my BNA

Jmuzz

Postby Jmuzz » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:33 am

Contact ben.hammond@cycliq.com first, he was the one looking after the lens leak issues back a few months ago and fastracked the process. Was sending out replacement before posting back and then paying shipping refund.

li2099

Postby li2099 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:15 am

Thanks guys. I guess I might have been the early users as I got it as soon as Pushys had it.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:15 pm

Any recommendations for editing software for Fly6CE?

im using VirbEdit, and i can import and edit ok, but it fails to export.

anyone else have similar issues? fixes?

cheers

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:34 pm

On the mac - quicktime is basic but still (should) allow you to trim and export in various resolutions. The best case scenario is probably getting VirbEdit to work than get something new - I would check the version, try a clean install and also test various simple exports and see if you can work around the problem.
Cycling is in my BNA

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:14 pm

AUbicycles wrote:On the mac - quicktime is basic but still (should) allow you to trim and export in various resolutions. The best case scenario is probably getting VirbEdit to work than get something new - I would check the version, try a clean install and also test various simple exports and see if you can work around the problem.
Turns out i hadnt updated the software like i thought i had :oops:

Now on 5.4.2 :D

exports fine :wink:

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:07 am

My suggestion for the next technical problem jaseyjase will be to see if the computer is plugged in!
Cycling is in my BNA

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:20 am

AUbicycles wrote:My suggestion for the next technical problem jaseyjase will be to see if the computer is plugged in!
:mrgreen:

bella26

Postby bella26 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:45 am

Anyone here had any issues with their Fly 12 CE immediately powering itself off once turned on? I had this issue pop up a couple of weeks ago on my ride when I went to hit start. It turned on and then immediately off. I thought perhaps I hadn't charged it, so put it on to charge fully. Green light on the charger and so I tried it indoors. I press the power button, the lights flash on and then after a few seconds the unit just immediately powers off. Because of this I cannot connect it to the app either to get an idea of battery life - although again, it is showing as green on the battery indicator when plugged in on the charger. Any ideas? This is my 3rd Cycliq product and I have to say each one has had issues.
2014 Bianchi Infinito CV 2012 Wilier Gran Turismo 2012 Specialized Epic FSR Comp 29er

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:10 am

New firmware for Fly6 CE - to solve (mainly ?) charging issues where a full charge is indicated before the unit is correctly charged AND to increase the runtime of units.
Battery Charge Bug - Fixed
Users have reported an issue where the Fly6 CE battery incorrectly appeared to be full, with the charging light turning green before the device is fully charged. This firmware update fixes this bug, so users should experience an increase in the battery life of their device if previously battery life was not as expected.

IMPORTANT: as this is targeting an issue around battery performance, the process for this firmware update is different to previous updates. Please allow extra time as the device will need to be fully charged and fully discharged for the firmware update to be complete.

Other major updates:

Added Footage Lock function similar to the Fly12 CE. Footage Lock can be activated by holding the Q button for 2 seconds during video recording.
HomeSafe mode has been adjusted to give greater recording time.
Improved recording quality and battery life.
Link and process description: https://support.cycliq.com/support/solu ... fbclid=BNA
Cycling is in my BNA

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:35 am

li2099 wrote:Well after yesterday's wet ride back from work, I noticed my Fly6CE has the same fogged up lens as others.
Gonna contact Pushys to warranty it.
Really don't want to ride around without one.
Same thing happened to my first ce. Replacement has been fine in the rain

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:36 am

jaseyjase wrote:Any recommendations for editing software for Fly6CE?

im using VirbEdit, and i can import and edit ok, but it fails to export.

anyone else have similar issues? fixes?

cheers
Use smart converter first? Btw - can I have a copy of your 3d printer file for the fly6ce mount please?

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:11 pm

AUbicycles wrote:New firmware for Fly6 CE - to solve (mainly ?) charging issues where a full charge is indicated before the unit is correctly charged AND to increase the runtime of units.
Battery Charge Bug - Fixed
Users have reported an issue where the Fly6 CE battery incorrectly appeared to be full, with the charging light turning green before the device is fully charged. This firmware update fixes this bug, so users should experience an increase in the battery life of their device if previously battery life was not as expected.

IMPORTANT: as this is targeting an issue around battery performance, the process for this firmware update is different to previous updates. Please allow extra time as the device will need to be fully charged and fully discharged for the firmware update to be complete.

Other major updates:

Added Footage Lock function similar to the Fly12 CE. Footage Lock can be activated by holding the Q button for 2 seconds during video recording.
HomeSafe mode has been adjusted to give greater recording time.
Improved recording quality and battery life.
Link and process description: https://support.cycliq.com/support/solu ... fbclid=BNA
Can confirm. I rode to work on Thursday with the camera running in 1080p@60fps, without any lights running. When I got to work, 90 minutes elapsed time, it was down from 100% battery to 34% remaining, which is just terrible. I did the firmware upgrade, by which time my Fly6 was up to 50% charge for the ride home. Rode home with same camera mode, then turned on the lights to run it totally flat as per the instructions before recharging.

On Friday morning, I rode to work with camera in the same mode as Thursday. Roughly the same ride time, maybe more because after 5 days of riding my leg was pretty tired. Anyway, checked the battery level when I got to work and it was on 74%! That is a pretty massive improvement. I'd the issue went far deeper than just the light turning green too early. Since my camera is left on the charger overnight, I'd say that when the green light comes on, the camera stops charging the battery or something.
Either way, this means I can run the camera to and from work without a recharge (finally!).

Next issue is to get myself a decent seatpost go-pro mount because the velcro mount is too floppy and the camera bounces around. My old Garmin VIRBs had rock solid footage on even the worst of Sydney' potholes roads, but the Fly6CE mount is rubbish.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

caneye

Postby caneye » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:57 pm

queequeg wrote: Next issue is to get myself a decent seatpost go-pro mount because the velcro mount is too floppy and the camera bounces around. My old Garmin VIRBs had rock solid footage on even the worst of Sydney' potholes roads, but the Fly6CE mount is rubbish.
you can try splicing up an unwanted tyre tube and wrap it around the seatpost. Doesn't have to be too long. Just extend a little wider than the velcro strap so that it appears neat & tidy. Cable-tie one end of the tube to prevent it from coming undone.

The rubber tube will absorb some of the vibration from the seatpost to minimise the Fly bouncing around but more importantly, stops the the Fly from rotating around the seatpost <-- I hate it when that happens!