Winter Gloves

warthog1

Re: Winter Gloves

Postby warthog1 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:57 pm

fergy1987 wrote:
Jmuzz wrote:Aldi snow gloves are there now.
They were the weekends Special Buy, still heaps.
Yeah I went into my local yesterday and they have a whole bunch of the giant Ski gloves, which are way too bulky, but nothing else unfortunately
Bulky, yes.
Ugly, yes.
Cheap, yes.
Warm, yes.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

Defy The Odds

Postby Defy The Odds » Mon May 21, 2018 11:11 pm

At the recent Great Ocean And Otway Classic there was a stall setup and they sold Chaptah winter gloves.

They have a fleece inner and although I am yet to test them on really cold weather, they feel super toasty.

Bargain at $25

bg100

Postby bg100 » Wed May 23, 2018 3:22 pm

warthog1 wrote:Aldi ski gloves.
Not fashionable.
Not chic.
Not expensive.
Not cold :)
Cool, ski gear sale started last weekend so i might check if any gloves are left!

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:39 pm

They are bulky but I suffer cold extremities and my hands don't get cold in these.
No point having gloves that are thinner for feel, if your hands get so cold that they get numb and you can't feel anything.
They work for me at 2c and below. Been as low as -3 or 4 without issue.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Wed May 23, 2018 9:11 pm

I got some gloves at Bunnings for use with my whipper snipper (which they are good for), and now the temperatures are dropping I've ended up using them on the bike too. They do the job really well, especially at $23- https://www.bunnings.com.au/safety-zone ... s_p5810132
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Aussie Bruce

Postby Aussie Bruce » Tue May 29, 2018 11:17 am

I was given these as a gift two years ago and to be honest they are my go to winter glove really comfortable and warm for those 6.00 start Melbourne rides

So good in fact i would not hesitate to replace them in a heart beat highly recommended

https://www.trekbikes.com/au/en_AU/bike ... e/p/11356/

HenryCharlie

Postby HenryCharlie » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:18 pm

I use a pair of Pearl Izumi winter gloves inside a pair of PI summer gloves.
I overtook some people going uphill once.

Discodan

Postby Discodan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:25 pm

I picked some of these up for general non-cycling gloves recently but they actually make good cycling gloves, the fit and quality is a lot better than I was expecting for $5. They'd be good winter gloves for cold sydney days, maybe not Tasmania

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Outdoor ... autifyAB=0

Neddysmith

Postby Neddysmith » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:15 am

Discodan wrote:I picked some of these up for general non-cycling gloves recently but they actually make good cycling gloves, the fit and quality is a lot better than I was expecting for $5. They'd be good winter gloves for cold sydney days, maybe not Tasmania

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Outdoor ... autifyAB=0
My mate actually got me a pair of these and they are fantastic for the price, handle weather down to about 3 or 4 degs any colder and you can definately feel your finger starting to get a little cold and temps around zero my fingers go numb, hahaha

kenwstr

Postby kenwstr » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:49 am

I only have 2 pairs of cycling gloves now, half finger for summer and full finger for mid season. The full finger ones are Altura night vision windproofs, I guess there are a lot of similar cycling gloves. The are good to maybe 10 deg C which is not enough for winter here in Bathurst NSW So I got a pair of knitted wool gloves from Lows and wear those as liners. This works really well, but I don't know the limits as I won't cycle on icy roads. It doesn't rain here much and when it does, it's either light or over quickly so windproof is generally sufficient protection.

Ken

fergy1987

Postby fergy1987 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:15 am

I just ordered a pair of the DhB Windproof gloves from c r c at a discount price so hopefully they do the trick when they show up :)

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:44 pm

It was 3c (felt like 0.9) when I hit the road according to the weather app this morning. I wore my bulky ski gloves today and even they couldn't keep my fingers from being uncomfortably cold :( I didn't think my peripheral circulation was that poor but apparently it is. Lucky Perth doesn't get that cold that often when I'm riding.

The DHB flashlight windproof gloves I got are no good for me under 10C. The supposed fleece lining is so thin I didn't think it actually existed.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

Scintilla

Postby Scintilla » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:16 pm

The Altura Night Vision gloves are great for me down to sub-5C temps here in Melbourne (not too many of such mornings though these days), and for similar temps on any bush rides into the mountains. For real cold (aka the Snow Ride) with temps below zero, and for some cold days XC skiing I use a pair of full Manzella ski gloves (very good waterproof breathable shell) and for extra warmth a pair of polypropylene liner gloves inside them. This combo is great for the real hard-core cold.