Phones and Saddlebags

brandy234

Re: Phones and Saddlebags

Postby brandy234 » Tue May 22, 2018 10:08 pm

Apple Watch 3 with "cellular" has solved all my "where do I put a phone" problems...

kenwstr

Postby kenwstr » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:27 pm

I sometimes carry it in a stretchy lycra waist strap thing that I bought at Big W some years ago, looks like this: Image
My latest Morvelo thermal jersey has a large enough zip pocket for one as well.

Ken

stevebni

Postby stevebni » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:25 pm

Apidura top tube bag for me on the road bike. https://www.apidura.com/product/expedit ... tube-pack/ Don't take it on the MTB, peace and quiet ;-)

V-meister

Postby V-meister » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:28 pm

brandy234 wrote:Apple Watch 3 with "cellular" has solved all my "where do I put a phone" problems...
I have found the same thing - very handy.

Also, how about a Quadlock mount? (just having it on the bars or top tube, rather than in a bag - comes with a waterproof cover). I used to find this useful as my saddlebag only had enough space for spare tube, levers and tool.

LateStarter

Postby LateStarter » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:02 pm

baabaa wrote:I picked up one of these in duck canvas as getting any sort of new phone is a nightmare
https://www.cactusoutdoor.co.nz/bike/tinder-box.html
Tough little thing that you will be able to hand over to the next few generations of fergy1987s
Thanks for the recommendation baa baa, I have had a couple of nice Revelate top tube bags but each had some feature (too wide / too small / difficult to open zipper...) that annoyed me when riding so with the GST free window closing I ordered one of these Tinder Boxes (in a lovely Olive) and it arrived today, rushed it down to bike shed to introduce it to the bike. Looks very handsome and seems very functional, my large iphone 7+ fits well into the internal pocket with lots of room for other bits and pieces. The accompanying note from Cactus thanked me (!) for being "awesome" and selecting their product so let me thank you for the awesome recommendation.
Bill (Long Distance Dreamer)
2008 Cannondale Touring 2, 2013 Vivente World Randonneur, 2015 Lynskey Sportive Disc