Help Me Find This Video

atlasd

Help Me Find This Video

Postby atlasd » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:59 am

Hi all,

I am a road cyclist from USA. I posted the request below in the USA-centric bikeforums and did NOT get any help.

I am hoping the Australian-contingent won't let me down. I hope to find this video because it has sentimental value...

There was a contest a few years ago (4 or 5 years ago, I think) that was sponsored by an Australian maker of cyclist-oriented gel snacks. The entries were posted on YouTube or Vimeo and there is one that I really liked and I am trying to find it. I have searched YouTube and Vimeo without success, so I am hoping someone here knows a source. The video has some minor sentimental value to me and a few friends.

The video was made by some college aged guys, and had two or three "acts" but the two that I remember are as follows: in the beginning, a total-Fred cyclist goes for a ride, eats the gel, and is transformed into a "Pro" cyclist type. Later, a bike race spectator eats a discarded gel on the side of the road and becomes an over-the top cycling fan in a funny bib-thong and runs along the race yelling "Very nice! You can doo eeet! Very nice!!"

Anyway if anyone recalls this video and more importantly has a copy or link, please share.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help Me Find This Video

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:17 am

What was the brand? Can you recall if the people on the video were Australian... what was the location?
Cycling is in my BNA

atlasd

Postby atlasd » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:28 am

It was a contest to make an advert for the company. I don't recall the brand, but I can tell the guys that made it had a lot of fun! I am quite sure it was all Australian.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:38 am

Knowing the brand woukd go a long way... otherwise ‘fun videos’ on google or youtube will keep you busy for years.

My suggestion is to narrow it down. Google often archives old conteng so within the last decade, you should bd abld to tie down the brand and other details. That is the approach I would take so unless you have luck, you probably have to put your search skills to the test. Good luck.
Cycling is in my BNA

AdelaidePeter

Postby AdelaidePeter » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:23 am

Another possibility is it was from New Zealand. The difference in our accents isn't always obvious to North Americans.

atlasd

Postby atlasd » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:34 pm

It could have been NZ but I think it was Oz.

I have tried exhaustive searches on Vimeo/YouTube/Google using a handful of keywords and I don't get the results, so I am guessing the video was taken down by the makers and/or sponsor of the contest.

My hope is that someone here recognizes it and can point me in the right direction.

atlasd

Postby atlasd » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:16 am

One more bump, and if no reply I will let this thread go.

Thanks for playing!

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:59 am

Without the brand it'll be more luck than Google-fu to find it. Good luck though, sounds funny, share if you find it :)
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:15 pm

Why don't you try searching for the gel snacks, in particular on Australian based online bicycle shops. That might jog your memory as to the brand
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:31 pm

How long was the video? Quality? Any idea of the prize for the winning entry?
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

human909

Postby human909 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:02 pm

I have no idea but i did check whether this guy was responsible:

atlasd

Postby atlasd » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:35 am

ColinOldnCranky wrote:How long was the video? Quality? Any idea of the prize for the winning entry?
I would say full video was roughly 4 minutes long. Looks like it was made by a bunch of university students. I don't know if it "won" the contest but I thought it was a total riot. Way funnier than the "Performance" video posted above IMO.