Extremist motorists trolling cyclists - SMH

Tequestra

Re: Extremist motorists trolling cyclists - SMH

Postby Tequestra » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:39 pm

queequeg wrote:Won't stand up in court. Driver spoken to, but we can't issue a fine because he didn't hit you"
Come back when you're dead and we'll fine him.
Viva le Tour Electrique' !!!

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:56 pm

Thoglette wrote:I note with interest a reference to
ABC online wrote:...a Victorian conviction and $2000 fine for knowingly engaging in conduct with the intention of inciting serious contempt for or revulsion of a class of people.
(See here reporting on a "far right" club organiser )

BV should be onto that.
Yeah but those United Front blokes went a step further, making a vid with pretend cutting off heads and fake blood. No one's done that to cyclists yet. Maybe then.

Maybe we need Waleed Ali on board?

Tequestra

Postby Tequestra » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:03 pm

fat and old wrote: Maybe we need Waleed Ali on board?
It begs the obvious question, doesn't it?

How many crucifixions does it take to start a new religion?

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:23 pm

Second door on the left, 1 cross each.

Cheers,

Cameron

Tequestra

Postby Tequestra » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:34 pm

ironhanglider wrote:Second door on the left, 1 cross each.
You made my night, Cameron. My ears are having an orgasm from the laughter. Now I must call it a night online and fall back on the boring old Persimmon Tree by YKW because not even Bryce could have moved me like you did, sonny boy. (K. Judge from the book).

Let us make the most of these good sleeping nights before Guatemala gets blown to the heavens. In the Waray-Waray dialect of Leyte in The Philippines, they would say, 'Katurog hin maupay' and in Thailand they would say 'Norn laab faan dee' (transliterated) but in Australia, we say 'Goodnight and Happy Dreams', so that is what I write to you as well as 'Thank you for the Brian reference'.

I was honestly being too serious up there. Goodnight.

How much do you hate the Romans?

London Boy

Postby London Boy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:57 pm

AUbicycles wrote:The response that the video footage ‘wont stand up in court’ is wrong.

This is something I have previously shared and was told by a duty officer that only police recorded footage is submissible. Also a snide comment “I don’t know why you even ride on the streets”.

I wrote a letter (not email) to the area commander whether he could confirm this was true and got a response that it was incorrect - of course footage can be used.
The evidence act, which is pretty uniform across the states. A video recording is admissible as evidence of what it shows.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:43 am

London Boy wrote:The evidence act, which is pretty uniform across the states. A video recording is admissible as evidence of what it shows.
That's right - always a good idea to keep original unedited footage - but of course when a police officer is not interested, that is another hurdle. Of course there are also officers who are engaged and work to get action so riders have to still consider police as an important link in changing and improving safety.
Cycling is in my BNA