Z-Plus Bike brand

uart

Re: Z-Plus Bike brand

Postby uart » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:07 am

JFAR96 wrote: In terms of fit, its quite interesting because I've ridden just about 1000k with that setup with no apparent issues but a mate of mine said the saddle looks too high when I was riding it (as my hips were moving) so I've started moving it down incrementally. I find the angled saddle much more comfortable, my understanding is that saddles have always been flat due to UCI's 2 degree limit (which has now been changed to 9). However it's possible that I've just had to angle it down like that because my seat post is too high. I agree the bars need to be angled up I didn't notice that until I looked at the photo strangely however I do like the bars low so will probably get a longer and negative stem on there as I have a long reach.
Regarding the saddle angle. Yeah some people like them pretty flat and others like them angled a bit, but yours seems quite extreme at what looks like about 30 degrees to me. With such an extreme saddle angle you don't really have a well defined saddle height, because if you slide even slightly forward or slightly rearward then it changes the effective height significantly.

The other issue with such a "slammed" riding position (high seat and low bars) and extreme saddle angle is that it puts way more weight on your arms and shoulders compared to a more level saddle and less slammed position. Essentially what happens is that your arms are constantly fighting the tendency to slide forward.

I'm not sure if you've ever ridden a bike with a more level setup to compare, but my arms and shoulders would be screaming at me after 15 minutes on that bike.

JFAR96

Postby JFAR96 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:28 pm

uart wrote: I'm not sure if you've ever ridden a bike with a more level setup to compare, but my arms and shoulders would be screaming at me after 15 minutes on that bike.
Yeah, I think dropping the seat post and angling the saddle up would be a good idea. The slammed setup works quite well for me, I usually ride about 30k spending a fair bit of time in the drops and haven't noticed any discomfort.

adam0bmx0

Postby adam0bmx0 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:24 pm

Have you tried a magnet on the 'carbon' tubes?

We all know what the answer is if the magnet sticks.

uart

Postby uart » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:15 pm

adam0bmx0 wrote:Have you tried a magnet on the 'carbon' tubes?

We all know what the answer is if the magnet sticks.
Only if it's steel under there though. I'm pretty sure however that it's either carbon or aluminum, and a static magnet wont test that.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:34 am

JFAR96 wrote:
uart wrote: I'm not sure if you've ever ridden a bike with a more level setup to compare, but my arms and shoulders would be screaming at me after 15 minutes on that bike.
Yeah, I think dropping the seat post and angling the saddle up would be a good idea. The slammed setup works quite well for me, I usually ride about 30k spending a fair bit of time in the drops and haven't noticed any discomfort.
Every time I see that setup, I shudder. It's all sorts of wrong, but if it works for you, great !!

What's the latest re the 'resto' that you were planning ?