Stupidity at it's best on the Gold Coast.

ajohnson

Stupidity at it's best on the Gold Coast.

Postby ajohnson » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:13 pm

On my way to meet some friends and head of on a ride early today.
Stopped at a set off lights and four bikes went through no problem they had the green.
One of the riders siting right on his mates wheel was on the mobile phone I could not
believe it. If the person in front had to stop in a hurry or avoid an object the bloke behind him
would never had stopped it could been deadly. I know that all motorist hate us on the Gold
Coast but we don't need clowns like this out there making it worse for the rest of us.
AJ

djw47

Re: Stupidity at it's best on the Gold Coast.

Postby djw47 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:06 pm

ajohnson wrote:On my way to meet some friends and head of on a ride early today.
Stopped at a set off lights and four bikes went through no problem they had the green.
One of the riders siting right on his mates wheel was on the mobile phone I could not
believe it. If the person in front had to stop in a hurry or avoid an object the bloke behind him
would never had stopped it could been deadly. I know that all motorist hate us on the Gold
Coast but we don't need clowns like this out there making it worse for the rest of us.
AJ
I believe that's what's commonly referred to as "natural selection". The stupidest of the species will eventually remove their genes from the gene pool.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:26 am

Smaller groups, sub cultures and minorities are seemingly easily bunched together and 'blamed' for the actions of the few.
Cycling is in my BNA

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:29 am

I saw a line of cars this morning and the last guy was on his phone.

I was suprised he was the only one.......

LateStarter

Postby LateStarter » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:04 pm

"I can't believe" that even bicycle riders have to spend their precious ride time looking out for things to upset them, I personally can't believe that people insist on pedalling fast down hills, what if an earthquake occurs just in front of them and they fall down a huge crack in the earth, serves them right for being reckless. (I also hate it when they pedal fast up hill when I am always struggling but then again I enjoy the view more)

I just try to chill, don't judge others lest they find fault with my bartape colour or other transgressions, enjoy my ride and not worry too much about what others do or don't do unless it's going to directly impact my enjoyment.

This is a bit dated but you get the drift

https://www.londoncyclist.co.uk/7-thing ... y-cyclist/

(how about that, my 100th post in just short of 7 years, I should be out riding more and not hanging around here, peace sisters & brothers)
Last edited by LateStarter on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill (Long Distance Dreamer)
2008 Cannondale Touring 2, 2013 Vivente World Randonneur, 2015 Lynskey Sportive Disc

human909

Postby human909 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:12 pm

LateStarter wrote:"I can't believe" that even bicycle riders have to spend their precious ride time looking out for things to upset them
+1 ... The general societal outlook of the cycling community isn't that much different from the broader community.

duncanm

Postby duncanm » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:47 pm

LateStarter wrote:"I can't believe" that even bicycle riders have to spend their precious ride time looking out for things to upset them, I personally can't believe that people insist on pedalling fast down hills, what if an earthquake occurs just in front of them and they fall down a huge crack in the earth, serves them right for being reckless. (I also hate it when they pedal fast up hill when I am always struggling but then again I enjoy the view more)

I just try to chill, don't judge others lest they find fault with my bartape colour or other transgressions, enjoy my ride and not worry too much about what others do or don't do unless it's going to directly impact my enjoyment.
Indeed, as a wise man says, you only have so many f*'s to give.. use them wisely