Dog attack cyclist

Bunged Knee

Dog attack cyclist

Postby Bunged Knee » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:16 pm

76-Year-Old Man In Surgery After Vicious Dog Attack In Granville. NSW.
From Triple M
The man has sustained serious injuries to his calf after the dog latched onto his leg.

The man is understood to have been riding his bike when the staffy bull terrier escaped from a neighbouring yard.

He is understood to have regularly have ridden along this route in Granville, and the dog is known to have escaped from the yard several times.
Might expect that the owner's dog have to be put down.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

warthog1

Re: Dog attack cyclist

Postby warthog1 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:42 pm

Bunged Knee wrote:
Might expect that the owner will have to be put down.
Unfortunately, despite the fault resting with the owner, as you correctly identify, it is likely the dog will be destroyed. :x
Dogs are the best people :wink:

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:07 pm

Bunged Knee wrote:76-Year-Old Man In Surgery After Vicious Dog Attack In Granville. NSW.
From Triple M
The man has sustained serious injuries to his calf after the dog latched onto his leg.

The man is understood to have been riding his bike when the staffy bull terrier escaped from a neighbouring yard.

He is understood to have regularly have ridden along this route in Granville, and the dog is known to have escaped from the yard several times.
Might expect that the owner's dog have to be put down.
I used to ride through Granville a lot. Where was this exactly? :shock:

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:52 am

g-boaf wrote: I used to ride through Granville a lot. Where was this exactly? :shock:
More info of Street name from Weekend Australian.
Ambulance crews were called to Wallace Street in Granville at about 2pm on Friday following reports a cyclist had been attacked by a dog, an Ambulance NSW spokesman told AAP.
I know this route as I rode thru there a few times but never encountered those dog mentioned.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:27 pm

Bunged Knee wrote:
g-boaf wrote: I used to ride through Granville a lot. Where was this exactly? :shock:
More info of Street name from Weekend Australian.
Damn! :shock: :shock: :shock: I ride through there all of the time even now. :shock: Admittedly I'm going pretty fast through that street. I've never seen the dog and hope I never do.

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:16 pm

Being chased by a blue heeler who bit me on the ankle before I managed to kick at it and get away is what put me off riding at nights. ~20 years ago and I still remember the fear and adrenalin :(

Hopefully the victim makes a full recovery.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:53 am

Only ever been seriously attacked by a dog. I was still in primary school and a local's pug nipped me on the foot (primary school kids didn't take kindly to shoes where I was brunged up) , the two front teeth sunk in under my tough caloused skin in the bottom of my foot and he was carried about a half a rotation of the crank before he fell off.

The tetanus shot :( that Mum insisted on held greater fear for me than the little punk dog.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle