North West Sydney Cycle Club - Discussion

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: North West Sydney Cycle Club - Discussion

Postby Boognoss » Thu May 21, 2015 9:25 pm

Pffft, this clubby will be riding proud tomorrow. Storm. What? Wind? I like curry ;).

Here's something I put together from last Sunday:
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Thu May 21, 2015 9:52 pm

Nice!

Skindogs

Postby Skindogs » Fri May 22, 2015 8:44 am

Boognoss wrote:Here's something I put together from last Sunday:
Very cool video. Great to see everyone in the club kit!

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Fri May 22, 2015 8:47 am

I was the unlucky sod with the flat tyre, which then also resulted in the bead popping out after the tube change.
Boognoss can change a flat in 35s because he does it so often. I think he has changed more flats this year than I have in the last 3 years. I do have a hanging garden of tubes in my garage awaiting proper patching though, so guess what I am doing this weekend!
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

Skindogs

Postby Skindogs » Fri May 22, 2015 9:13 am

I've got 4 hanging up at the moment, 'fixed' with those self adhesive patches which are crap! Have to get a proper glue patch kit.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Fri May 22, 2015 1:53 pm

Hmm, Torpedo7 have 30% off Schwalbe Tyres.
How do think some Orange Striped Ultremos would look with the NWSCC kit and the black bike?

'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Fri May 22, 2015 1:58 pm

queequeg wrote:Hmm, Torpedo7 have 30% off Schwalbe Tyres.
How do think some Orange Striped Ultremos would look with the NWSCC kit and the black bike?

Nice but be careful because just having orange tyres on an otherwise black and white bike might not be enough. Next you'll be on the lookout for matching orange saddle and bartape.
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

Skindogs

Postby Skindogs » Fri May 22, 2015 3:54 pm

I reckon it'd look alright! While on the subject of orange - H&M at Macquarie Centre have a range of winter running gear (good for cycling too) that is a perfect match for NWSCC 'orange'. Winter gloves black/orange, skull caps, socks as well I think!

Skindogs

Postby Skindogs » Fri May 22, 2015 3:56 pm

Oh, and pretty well priced too!

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Sat May 23, 2015 11:36 pm

Cool. Need to check it out.

hugh stone

Postby hugh stone » Sun May 24, 2015 6:52 am

Maybe an Donnatella Versace spray tan would match nicely too?

Dave_C

Postby Dave_C » Wed May 27, 2015 9:57 am

And the club made the paper this morning. ex Daily Tele - local section

But for all to see

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslo ... 7368609733

Dave
Dave

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Wed May 27, 2015 10:19 am

;) Yes indeed.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu May 28, 2015 10:24 pm

Boognoss, you were spotted in Lane Cove. I was on the phone talking to a lady who was raving about the NWSCC and though she doesn't know you, spotted you in your kit. Getting famous now.
Cycling is in my BNA

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Fri May 29, 2015 9:53 am

AUbicycles wrote:Boognoss, you were spotted in Lane Cove. I was on the phone talking to a lady who was raving about the NWSCC and though she doesn't know you, spotted you in your kit. Getting famous now.
Awesome :) (I promise the BNA kit will get some wear-time too Christopher ;)). Queequeg rocks both BNA and NWSCC kit on the same commute route as me daily too.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Fri May 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Boognoss wrote:
AUbicycles wrote:Boognoss, you were spotted in Lane Cove. I was on the phone talking to a lady who was raving about the NWSCC and though she doesn't know you, spotted you in your kit. Getting famous now.
Awesome :) (I promise the BNA kit will get some wear-time too Christopher ;)). Queequeg rocks both BNA and NWSCC kit on the same commute route as me daily too.
I am a BNA Black Ninja this afternoon :-)

Bluejay87

Postby Bluejay87 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:03 am

I see you guys seem to commutte through North Ryde and you also seem to race. Any chance any of you are riding to the dragway tonight? I'd like to go but have never ridden and the only other time I went I drove and the traffic was horrible. I work in Macquarie park.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:35 am

Dave_C wrote:And the club made the paper this morning. ex Daily Tele - local section

But for all to see

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslo ... 7368609733

Dave
Stories like that are a superb way to get good PR for cycling, much better than cycling embassies aiming at a specific kind of rider. This shows that the stereotypical lycra cyclists are for the most part a very inclusive and helpful bunch.

Bluejay87: I imagine you'd need to brave Reservoir Road, Peter Brock Drive and Ferrers Road (which does have a shoulder up to where the dragway is). The traffic was fairly light yersterday morning, but it'd probably be pretty bad on a weeknight. Reservoir Road has some nasty bumps/potholes on it too.

Bluejay87

Postby Bluejay87 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:51 am

Ahh yeah fair enough. Ill try to leave work early and drive in then.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:05 am

Bluejay87 wrote:Ahh yeah fair enough. Ill try to leave work early and drive in then.
Exactly which way were you intending to go from Macquarie Park? Another way might be to get the train to Rooty Hill and then ride from Rooty Hill station down to Eastern Creek. That might be a bit less stressful, though not by much. The train journey looks like a long one though. :( As bad as driving. Once you are off Reservoir Road it is probably okay.

I've not ridden along there at night, only in day time, and only yesterday morning for the first time to be honest. I could possibly be tempted out there though if I could be motivated.

Ask Xplora, he might have ridden out there.

Bluejay87

Postby Bluejay87 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:10 am

g-boaf wrote:
Bluejay87 wrote:Ahh yeah fair enough. Ill try to leave work early and drive in then.
Exactly which way were you intending to go from Macquarie Park? Another way might be to get the train to Rooty Hill and then ride from Rooty Hill station down to Eastern Creek. That might be a bit less stressful, though not by much. The train journey looks like a long one though. :( As bad as driving. Once you are off Reservoir Road it is probably okay.

I've not ridden along there at night, only in day time, and only yesterday morning for the first time to be honest. I could possibly be tempted out there though if I could be motivated.

Ask Xplora, he might have ridden out there.
I hadn't planned anything, was just hoping i could tag along if there was a bunch heading that way. Have never ridden there so didn't know what it would be like. I'm a terrible navigator so don't trust myself finding it safely on my own.

I think I'd rather drive then take my bike on a long train trip in peakhour and then be forced to ride home at night along an unknown route. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:05 pm

Yeah I have ridden it a couple times, it's not bad at all. Best bet is actually go M2 then cycleway from Richmond road or even great western highway. The ride to Brabham drive is about 500m along GWH and it's very easy to get right. Nice big shoulders or cycleway most of the way. Bank on 40km before you start the race and you have to leave North Ryde by 430pm. A few of our guys regularly leave Quaker's parkway entrance at 530pm.
No racing for me, cooked yesterday and hit the weights thos morning. Lost a lot of strength!

Bluejay87

Postby Bluejay87 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:24 pm

Good to know it is possible. Ill probably get lost on my own though. Also don't know if the legs can cope with that and the race, already did sop this morning.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:28 pm

As above, the route is pretty easy and it a good warm-up. I normally wfh on Tuesday so I can drive out. Leave Dural at 4:45pm and join M7 at Sunnyholt Rd, bypassing Norwest Bvd. That gets me to the creek by 5:30pm and sign-on, then 30 to 40min warm-up before the start.

Not going tonight as I have a sick wife so I am on home duties, plus I have raced 3 times in the last week and I don't want to overdo it.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:03 pm

Xplora wrote:Yeah I have ridden it a couple times, it's not bad at all. Best bet is actually go M2 then cycleway from Richmond road or even great western highway. The ride to Brabham drive is about 500m along GWH and it's very easy to get right. Nice big shoulders or cycleway most of the way. Bank on 40km before you start the race and you have to leave North Ryde by 430pm. A few of our guys regularly leave Quaker's parkway entrance at 530pm.
No racing for me, cooked yesterday and hit the weights thos morning. Lost a lot of strength!
Hmm, I didn't know about the GWH at all. :o Cycleway from richmond road though? Is that another one I didn't know about. :?:

Sorry to drag you into the discussion. :)