M7 Safety Alert Thread

Jawa

Re: M7 Safety Alert Thread

Postby Jawa » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:01 am

Not trying to rant here. If your riding with mates and you 2 or 2+ abreast it’s not going to hurt to fall in behind when oncoming riders are coming through. Out yesterday and two knobs riding side by side, one down the centre, seem to think it was ok to make zero attempt to move out of the way even when I was approaching. Made no attempt whatsoever, just looked at me as I hugged the path edge. SMH

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:48 am

Jawa wrote:Not trying to rant here. If your riding with mates and you 2 or 2+ abreast it’s not going to hurt to fall in behind when oncoming riders are coming through. Out yesterday and two knobs riding side by side, one down the centre, seem to think it was ok to make zero attempt to move out of the way even when I was approaching. Made no attempt whatsoever, just looked at me as I hugged the path edge. SMH
Unfortunately, these selfish and irresponsible riders are all too common on the M7 path. They even ride two abreast through the blind underpass corners. I mean, how stupid can you be?

syu

Postby syu » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:01 pm

WestlinkM7 wrote:
Hi syu, the asset team are arranging for the crack seal repairs in this location, asap.
Crack's fixed/sealed. Thanks Tracy. It didn't effect me but maybe it could have brought someone undone.
Jawa wrote:Not trying to rant here. If your riding with mates and you 2 or 2+ abreast it’s not going to hurt to fall in behind when oncoming riders are coming through. Out yesterday and two knobs riding side by side, one down the centre, seem to think it was ok to make zero attempt to move out of the way even when I was approaching. Made no attempt whatsoever, just looked at me as I hugged the path edge. SMH
Par for the course for the shared path on a Saturday or Sunday, unfortunately. I mean, "shared" is right there in the name but for them it's "I'll take all the space I want"

westab

Postby westab » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:10 pm

Friends just letting you know that the lights between Eastern Creek and Symonds road were out tonight. I have sent an email to the M7 office.
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

WestlinkM7

Postby WestlinkM7 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:33 pm

westab wrote:Friends just letting you know that the lights between Eastern Creek and Symonds road were out tonight. I have sent an email to the M7 office.
thanks westab, I've referred this report to our electrical maintenance team for follow up. thanks for letting us know.

kind regards
Tracey, WestlinkM7

WestlinkM7

Postby WestlinkM7 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:37 pm

robbo mcs wrote:
WestlinkM7 wrote:
brumby33 wrote:WOW.... :o
It's great to see a fantastic pro-active team for the M7 Cycleway...Tracey and the M7 team, you are all fantastic the way you get on top of matters with such urgency.....
I haven't ridden the M7 bikeway myself as yet but it's great to see that any issues are taken seriously and is not swept under the carpet.....I've been reading a fair bit on here where riders have reported issues and are pretty much addressed straight away....I tips my hat to you all!!

cheers
brumby33
thanks brumby33, really appreciate your kind words. It will be nice to be able to share this with my team at our meeting next week. Positive feedback like this can be a real boost for everyone. It's all about working together for the M7 8)
Another big thanks from me :D Last spring you even managed to sort out the magpie :D

I guess sorting out the smells from the garbage dump and the chook poo is probably a bit of a harder job :roll:
thanks robbo mcs, 8) I believe there is a proposal to develop the site where the old chicken shed is, so that smell issue may resolve itself in due course. That just leaves the dump!!!

kind regards
Tracey, WestlinkM7

WestlinkM7

Postby WestlinkM7 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:40 pm

syu wrote:Yes, outstanding!
WestlinkM7 wrote:
An email alert for the temporary closure of the entry/exit point to the bubbler was sent out on 8 June, 2017. I am sorry you missed it.
No I didn't miss it, I commented before the email was sent out ;)

... which I received.
all good :)

westab

Postby westab » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:29 am

WestlinkM7 wrote:
westab wrote:Friends just letting you know that the lights between Eastern Creek and Symonds road were out tonight. I have sent an email to the M7 office.
thanks westab, I've referred this report to our electrical maintenance team for follow up. thanks for letting us know.

kind regards
Tracey, WestlinkM7
Thanks Tracey and your crew lights were back on last night when I rode through there.
Westab

westab

Postby westab » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:28 pm

Heads up friends - the Blacktown city running festival is on Sunday 30th July. The path will be closed from 2am to 2pm between Quakers Hill and Hoxton Park.

The signs were up last night - so plenty of notice (thanks M7) - so for those who ride the path on Sunday morning it might be a good day for an afternoon ride and a sleep in.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:29 pm

westab wrote:Heads up friends - the Blacktown city running festival is on Sunday 30th July. The path will be closed from 2am to 2pm between Quakers Hill and Hoxton Park.

The signs were up last night - so plenty of notice (thanks M7) - so for those who ride the path on Sunday morning it might be a good day for an afternoon ride and a sleep in.
Or ride elsewhere on Sunday, you could go to Berowra, Akuna Bay, head down south of Sydney, Macquarie Pass, etc. :)

syu

Postby syu » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:07 pm

I've been on holidays so I've been away from riding for the last few weeks. Went out on Saturday and noticed the updates on the path at the intersection at Wallgrove Road.

The new traffic lights are installed and they've made an already narrow section of the path that much more narrower, but you probably should be slowing down quite a bit there anyway.

Then there's the addition to the "Slow" painted on the path at both approaches to the corner to warn riders as much, a good idea, but I hope it's not too slippery once wet with rain. The paint looked thick but slightly textured so it might be alright, I suppose time will tell.

Mountain_Wanderer

Postby Mountain_Wanderer » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:43 pm

Not happy.

Did a ride on the cycleway today and unfortunately was not aware of the closure of the path at Jedda Rd until I got there.

Was a notification email sent out? I'm on the alert mailing list and didn't get one.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:24 am

Mountain_Wanderer wrote:Not happy.

Did a ride on the cycleway today and unfortunately was not aware of the closure of the path at Jedda Rd until I got there.

Was a notification email sent out? I'm on the alert mailing list and didn't get one.
I received the alert on the gates being closed on August 1.

Paxus7

Postby Paxus7 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:40 am

We have had really good weather. It's absurd that the track is closed due to flooding. Has someone forgotten to unlock the gate? :lol:

Hergest

Postby Hergest » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:58 pm

Just go through the hole in the fence one end and walk around the fence the other. It's dead easy. The water yesterday was a puddle halfway across the path and easily avoided.
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Mountain_Wanderer wrote:Not happy.

You can go on the infinitely safer Brenera Road with big trucks and cars passing you with a metre of gap at 60km/h+. :!:

Certainly safer than riding through a puddle of water.

Andrew09

Postby Andrew09 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:29 pm

Do we know if its open yet?

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:11 pm

Andrew09 wrote:Do we know if its open yet?
There's been no email saying it's open. Why don't you subscribe to email notifications?

Paxus7

Postby Paxus7 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:06 pm

biker jk wrote:
There's been no email saying it's open. Why don't you subscribe to email notifications?
How do we subscribe to an email list informing us about such closures? It's frustrating making the trip there to find a sign saying closed. Surely now that we are in the 21st century someone can post on a page if it is open or closed. Won't cost much. The man/woman who locks the gate sends a text on their smart phone . The man/woman who opens the gate sends a text

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:10 pm

Paxus7 wrote:
biker jk wrote:
How do we subscribe to an email list informing us about such closures? It's frustrating making the trip there to find a sign saying closed. Surely now that we are in the 21st century someone can post on a page if it is open or closed. Won't cost much. The man/woman who locks the gate sends a text on their smart phone . The man/woman who opens the gate sends a text
http://westlinkm7.us9.list-manage1.com/ ... 58a70544ed

Paxus7

Postby Paxus7 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:16 pm

Thanks!

Andrew09

Postby Andrew09 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:22 pm

I subscribed years ago. I seem to get the ones when the M7 is closed but not when it re-opens.

Andrew09

Postby Andrew09 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:28 pm

They put man on the moon but they can't build a path that will avoid water.

Jawa

Postby Jawa » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:29 pm

I have always wondered if the path flooding was something that occurred post construction or simply an engineering balls up from the outset

Hergest

Postby Hergest » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:15 am

Jawa wrote:I have always wondered if the path flooding was something that occurred post construction or simply an engineering balls up from the outset
In fairness to the M7 the problem appeared to become an issue when the land to the east was developed for the industrial units as it was previously paddocks. The rain water runoff became significant and as the path is only very slightly above the water table then the rain will pool and takes ages to soak away. Saying that though, the development was always planned along with the motorway and the engineers of the M7 should have been aware of a potential issue due to the nature of the water table there.
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires