HTFU Thursday

ruscook

Re: HTFU Thursday

Postby ruscook » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:46 pm

NotFlyingScot wrote:...Not sure if it will qualify for a genuine HTFU Thursday ride until the adjudication panel of sandman, bmxbandito and badblood have given their OK. Given that I did not enter the Blue Mts via Old Bathurst Rd it might not qualify. They can be damn picky when they want to :P
It better qualify, making Mt Vic means you did some mega-serious climbing! Huge well done Sandy. And like Ryan said, what are the FPRs' becoming? Scary man!
Last edited by ruscook on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
GT Avalanche 1.0 | TCR Alliance 0 | Giant Bowery | BMW K1300R
Two wheels good, Four wheels bad

eon

Postby eon » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:58 pm

Holy Cow Sandy... :shock: thats a huge ride. Makes the SS effort look ordinary....
Well done Mate..

leximack

Postby leximack » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:53 pm

awesome effort Sandy, will honour you with the 200km effort, was nearly going to take it back for a few reasons
1: Your not going to circumnavigate Sydney tomorrow like only true hardcore riders do :wink:
2: Camel Back is actually spelt Camelbak

Note: Camelbaks are allowed on road rides of lengths greater than 160km or any distance on knobbly tyred bikes or any distance on any bike if temp is about 38degrees :)

:D :D :lol: :lol:

Don

aeroslave

Postby aeroslave » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:09 pm

That effort for me is the epitome of HTFU.....awesome Sandy! 8)
http://veloviewer is broken/SigImage.php?a=33 ... ij&z=a.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spiza

Postby Spiza » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:20 pm

Your efforts definitely meet the criteria for HTFU Thursday Sandy. Congrats on the double century + mate.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:38 am

You guys are setting the bar too high. Think I might have to find a new bunch to ride with, I get tired now just thinking about riding with you lot.

I'll call the new bunch the Soft C#%*Racers or SCR. We'll only ever ride on the flat, never more than an hour at a time and never faster than 25km's an hour. And we'll only do it once a week or whenever we feel like it. Excuses not to ride will be the norm, so a copy of Dons' book is a must. Logging rides on BJ will be banned as it may encourage some to ride longer/harder/faster thus taking said rider from the SCR category to the FPR category. Clearly Sandy will not be welcome on SCR rides :mrgreen:

A 200+km journey into the mountains :shock: Sandy that's farking impressive 8)
FPR Ragamuffin

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:37 am

Chuck wrote:You guys are setting the bar too high. Think I might have to find a new bunch to ride with, I get tired now just thinking about riding with you lot.

I'll call the new bunch the Soft C#%*Racers or SCR. We'll only ever ride on the flat, never more than an hour at a time and never faster than 25km's an hour. And we'll only do it once a week or whenever we feel like it. Excuses not to ride will be the norm, so a copy of Dons' book is a must. Logging rides on BJ will be banned as it may encourage some to ride longer/harder/faster thus taking said rider from the SCR category to the FPR category. Clearly Sandy will not be welcome on SCR rides :mrgreen:

Where do I sign up for SCR?? :lol:

Awesome effort Sandy!! 8)
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

aeroslave

Postby aeroslave » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:12 pm

Chuck wrote:You guys are setting the bar too high. Think I might have to find a new bunch to ride with, I get tired now just thinking about riding with you lot.

:lol: Sounds like my kind of group!
http://veloviewer is broken/SigImage.php?a=33 ... ij&z=a.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KillerHeadWind

Postby KillerHeadWind » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:12 pm

Well done Sandy, great effort :D
Wimp for not going down Lappo though pfft.
Keep climbing until the air is too thin

2006 Gitane Mach 2400, 2007 Giant OCR3 (RIP), 2009 Custom built Stealth, 2010 Pedal Force SRAM Red Rocket

RIP Dad
10:10pm 02/02/2011

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:04 pm

Headed out to your playground Sandy for some hurt up OBR then up Lappo to Springwood and back home. My first time up OBR without Jeff holding my hand :D

Did you do your usual HTFU ride today NFS ??
FPR Ragamuffin

NotFlyingScot

Postby NotFlyingScot » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:37 pm

Chuck, Too hot for this old boy today ( however if I'd known you were heading out???). Must have been hard work in this heat. Even Todd said it was too hot for him and told me turned around at Blaxland ( probably after only three repeats on OBR).
Sandy
FPR Jubilado Bludger

sandman

Postby sandman » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:44 pm

Gents

I left the HTFU Bands with BMXBandito... you need to make sure you collect if you do OBR without getting off. If Todd is doin 3 repeats of OBR then I bow down before him....All I'll be able to do is get him from Lifecycles to the bottom of OBR faster than he's ever been, just like a ride to work in Alice :-) Man I wish we just had some freaking hills !

Sandman dreaming about OBR !

Spiza

Postby Spiza » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:46 pm

sandman wrote:Gents

I left the HTFU Bands with BMXBandito... you need to make sure you collect if you do OBR without getting off. If Todd is doin 3 repeats of OBR then I bow down before him....All I'll be able to do is get him from Lifecycles to the bottom of OBR faster than he's ever been, just like a ride to work in Alice :-) Man I wish we just had some freaking hills !

Sandman dreaming about OBR !
Just listen to the OX :roll: If you can sit on 46km/h+ on a flat dead road into a headwind I'm sure you haven't lost your climbing legs Pete :lol:

NotFlyingScot

Postby NotFlyingScot » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Got the day wrong today but did not miss out on the HTFU!
Rolled out the drive at Kings Langley at 07.00 and first stop was about 12.25 at KFC at Richmond for a cola and fries lunch. By which time we had gone up Lapstone, down Mitchell Pass, up Old Bathurst, down Mitchell Pass, along Castlereagh Rd to N. Richmond and up Bowen Mountain, back down to Bells Line of Rd and up Bellbird Hill to Kurrajong Heights(?) and down again. Then it was along to Agnes Banks, up the Hawkesbury Lookout Rd to Winmalee/Springwood, down the highway, Mitchell Pass (again!), into Lifecycles for some bragging and to be abused for riding in my TDF 09 souvenir yellow jersey. Back on the bike and home. No fancy garmin graphs and stuff I'm afraid. All I can tell is odometer says 210 kms travelled in 8 hrs 36 mins riding and my legs tell me that many metres of steep road were ascended.
Sustenance for the day was rather minimal. Porridge and toast with coffee at home, an Uncle Tobys muesli bar top of Bowen Mt, aforementioned lunch at KFC plus a Cadel Evans Mountain Mix bar consumed in stages over the day. And lots and lots of Gatorade drink topped up at every service station I came across!
Home tired and happy. One of those "bucket list" sort of days.
I'd forgotten how hard Bowen Mt gets near the top and I'd never been on Bellbird Hill before. Very tough coming straight from Bowen Mt, wide open very steep road with no shade at all. Would not have wanted it any tougher than that. Even the the ride up to Springwood seemed to go on for ever as the last climb of the day.
NFS
FPR Jubilado Bludger

Kev365428

Postby Kev365428 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:32 pm

You ARE a machine Sandy.

Not sure if I want to do the Snowy ride with you if you're in that sort of mood. :shock:

Kev.

Spiza

Postby Spiza » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:27 pm

Bloody he'll sandy, that's some serious Htfu mate! All climbing. I take it you had badblood for company

brendancg

Postby brendancg » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:48 pm

Sandy did I pass you this morning heading out Castlereagh Rd? I think I passed you just before the smooth bit starts after the two little hills. I only think it was you because I remember the 09 yellow jersey. I was riding in the Garmin jersey.
Yesterday was an easy day.

NotFlyingScot

Postby NotFlyingScot » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:10 pm

You did indeed pass me this morning. I was going at a slightly steadier pace given what I knew lay ahead of me! Where did you get to yourself?
Sandy
FPR Jubilado Bludger

Micaloff

Postby Micaloff » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:32 pm

NotFlyingScot wrote:Got the day wrong today but did not miss out on the HTFU!
Rolled out the drive at Kings Langley at 07.00 and first stop was about 12.25 at KFC at Richmond for a cola and fries lunch. By which time we had gone up Lapstone, down Mitchell Pass, up Old Bathurst, down Mitchell Pass, along Castlereagh Rd to N. Richmond and up Bowen Mountain, back down to Bells Line of Rd and up Bellbird Hill to Kurrajong Heights(?) and down again. Then it was along to Agnes Banks, up the Hawkesbury Lookout Rd to Winmalee/Springwood, down the highway, Mitchell Pass (again!), into Lifecycles for some bragging and to be abused for riding in my TDF 09 souvenir yellow jersey. Back on the bike and home. No fancy garmin graphs and stuff I'm afraid. All I can tell is odometer says 210 kms travelled in 8 hrs 36 mins riding and my legs tell me that many metres of steep road were ascended.
Sustenance for the day was rather minimal. Porridge and toast with coffee at home, an Uncle Tobys muesli bar top of Bowen Mt, aforementioned lunch at KFC plus a Cadel Evans Mountain Mix bar consumed in stages over the day. And lots and lots of Gatorade drink topped up at every service station I came across!
Home tired and happy. One of those "bucket list" sort of days.
I'd forgotten how hard Bowen Mt gets near the top and I'd never been on Bellbird Hill before. Very tough coming straight from Bowen Mt, wide open very steep road with no shade at all. Would not have wanted it any tougher than that. Even the the ride up to Springwood seemed to go on for ever as the last climb of the day.
NFS
Wow Sandy
There's not enough room on your wrists for all the HTFU bands needed after that ride!
What was Bellbird hill like?
Michael
2010 Specialized Tarmac Elite
M7 FPR

NotFlyingScot

Postby NotFlyingScot » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:09 pm

Spiza wrote:Bloody he'll sandy, that's some serious Htfu mate! All climbing. I take it you had badblood for company
Yes it was a good work out :shock: I did not contact Todd since I thought he had a race meeting this afternoon however having just looked again I think I was looking at next weeks schedule. So it was a solo run. Just sort of repeating what KHW did on Saturday. Thought "if "tin hips" can do it, so can I (well maybe)" :)
NFS
FPR Jubilado Bludger

ruscook

Postby ruscook » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:45 pm

Wow Sandy a second huge effort in less than a week! Impressive mate, and you presence tonight deservedly excused :lol:
GT Avalanche 1.0 | TCR Alliance 0 | Giant Bowery | BMW K1300R
Two wheels good, Four wheels bad

leximack

Postby leximack » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:58 pm

Holy !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! Balls Sandy
You are one loony dude :lol:
But a super climbing hill beating champion, super effort :D :D

Don

zozza

Postby zozza » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:38 am

Way Coooooooooooooooooooool
:D

You're nuts! :mrgreen:

eon

Postby eon » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:52 am

:shock: i agree with Don & Zozza ... you are one crazy dude.

brendancg

Postby brendancg » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:49 pm

Sandy said:
You did indeed pass me this morning. I was going at a slightly steadier pace given what I knew lay ahead of me! Where did you get to yourself?
I did the Springwood loop, up Hawkesbury Heights then back to Penrith. I hadn't done any hills when I passed you, you had already done some serious work.

Tops effort, having ridden the Bellbird/Bowen effort previously I can only congratulate you, two seriously steep hills, puts you well and truley in the hurt box.
Yesterday was an easy day.