Cycling route from north Sydney for 40km?

Jason-H

Cycling route from north Sydney for 40km?

Postby Jason-H » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:19 pm

Hi, I just settled in Crows Nest.

I saw many cyclists ride very early in the morning.

Can I know if there is any recommending route to ride around 40km early in the morning? (Starting from Crows Nest)

Many thanks!

Fresh

Re: Cycling route from north Sydney for 40km?

Postby Fresh » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:58 pm

Ride North up Pacific Highway and from there you can hit Hornsby area and include Bobbin Head and Galston Gorge for some climbs.

Or turn right onto Mona Vale road and head East towards the beaches, there you have Akuna Bay, West Head, Church Point and Palm Beach if you feel like going a bit further.

queequeg

Re: Cycling route from north Sydney for 40km?

Postby queequeg » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:59 pm

You have quite a few options. The bike shop, Cycle Republica does some shop rides, though not sure what they do during the week. They are on the Pacific Hwy about half way down the hill heading towards St Leonard’s.

For a 40km return trip I’d head down the highway to Chatswood, left turn down Fullers Rd, straight into Lane Cove National Park, then you can exit out the top of the park and do a return via Epping Rd Path, or you could take the M2 shoulder to Vimiera Rd, then drop down through Browns Waterhole and up Kissing Pt Rd to Turramurra where you can then either go into Bobbin Head, or just return down the Highway to Crows Nest
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi