Geelong - Popular places to ride

chaingangride

Geelong - Popular places to ride

Postby chaingangride » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi all,
Where is the most popular place for a morning ride in Geelong??
In the south-east of Melbourne, Beach Rd is quite a popular weekend morning ride - does Geelong have an equivalent?
Vee

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Geelong - Popular places to ride

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:45 pm

Nothing like Beach rd in terms of numbers. The most popular routes of a weekend would be any of the coastal hwy's, probably surfcoast hwy first I would suggest (although you will probably find more riders on horsheshoe bend rd instead of the actual hwy). Theres any number of decent loops starting in Geelong that are suitable distance for a morning ride, so take your pick: Queenscliff, Portarlington Barwon Heads/Ocean Grove (come back along 13th beach), Torquay, Anglesea, they are all nice (and you can often combine a few of them together for a longer ride). Others prefer to steer clear of the coast, you will often find them out around Ceres, Moriac etc (more hills than any of the coastal routes)
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

chaingangride

Postby chaingangride » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:22 pm

Thank you so much for your info.

MattyK

Postby MattyK » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:57 pm

http://labs.strava.com/heatmap/#12/-215 ... ellow/bike" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;