Reid bicycles

Westgarth

Re: Reid bicycles

Postby Westgarth » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:34 pm

It's not spamming, it's shilling!

I saw a condor the other day and had to look it up - looked like a rather nice middle-range road bike and I was surprised at the low pricetag. I haven't ridden one but if I was in the market for a road bike I would definately consider one.

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Westgarth wrote:It's not spamming, it's shilling!

I saw a condor the other day and had to look it up - looked like a rather nice middle-range road bike and I was surprised at the low pricetag. I haven't ridden one but if I was in the market for a road bike I would definately consider one.
It's not mid range, mid range is 4k

Westgarth

Postby Westgarth » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:48 pm

Well, on my budget it is mid-range. Anything over $1000 is a darn expensive bike afaiac. A good roadie for $300 or so new is a good deal.

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:50 pm

Westgarth wrote:Well, on my budget it is mid-range. Anything over $1000 is a darn expensive bike afaiac. A good roadie for $300 or so new is a good deal.
go for it then... but this is seriously a spammer thread

Westgarth

Postby Westgarth » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:53 pm

Don't you believe in spontaneous viral marketing on the internet? :lol:

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:54 pm

Westgarth wrote:Don't you believe in spontaneous viral marketing on the internet? :lol:
When I was a mod I left this thread here for amusement, FYI I love advertisment, but this is !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !!... its not even well thought out, frankly its daft

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:54 pm

its on par with my spelling abilities

kukamunga

Postby kukamunga » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:29 pm

Reid Cycles $490 + Freight Osprey wrote:REID CYCLES warrants all manufacturers defects to the purchaser for a full 12 months.....This warranty does not apply to damage caused by misuse, abuse, incorrect assembly....... Bikes with similar components in retail stores such as the ****** are selling for $1000- $1100
And some of these similarly specced, correctly assembled and expertly sized and fitted bikes bought from reputable bike retailers often come with a lifetime warranty on their frame and forks plus free servicing in the first year

And at this time of year, if you hunt around, you could pick up a name brand $1100 bike for around $800

Online bicycles - novice buyer beware - you could be spending more time and money taking it to your LBS to get it running properly

Reid Cycles

Postby Reid Cycles » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:45 am

Just to clarify our bikes come fully assembled and fitted to riders same as you get at a LBS.
Our mechanic has over 15 years experience and has worked(and still does part time) at some of melbournes well known shops so I can assure you our customers get the same treatment.
In terms of servicing in the warranty period, most of our customers are happy to do it themselves so why add it into the price? if someone isnt sure, of course we will help them out.
Like many LBS we send our bikes interstate to customers and its not practicle as you can imagine for my mechanic to fly there to assemble the bike and fly home again. We have a safety sticker on each box stating in accordance with Australian standards that bikes are to be assembled by a qualified mechanic. I think a LBS that sends a bike would have the same policy.

This spam topic keeps coming up, to put it to rest, I invite anyone with these concerns to come and see me and I can show sales records and email correspondence dating well before this thread started.
In my view forums are not a good place to advertise( or spam) as its an environment where anyone with an interest(eg competitors) can hide behind an alias and defame a certain brand. Ive seen forums where brands like BMW and Porsche and even on this site brands like Pinarello and Scott bikes have been slandered.
We are a new brand selling entry level bikes, so on a forum who's members are already cycling enthusiasts most likely riding higher end bikes we would have rocks in our head to expect rave reviews.
Personally im not into forums(as you can tell by my limited posts) the only reason I entered this thread was our customers read things like this to get what they think is accurate infomation, I think its only fair they get the correct info.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:56 am

mate no one here is naive enough to fall for this kind of contrived marketing.

kukamunga

Postby kukamunga » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:36 pm

Dear Mr Reid

It seems that seven mysterious new members ("vforward", "markngan", "ashley82", "jack94", "MrXcmaniac", "adamgreene" and "newrider94") have joined this forum to solely mention or 'plug' your brand of bike over the past 14 months. A total of eight posts between all seven of them, with no other contributions on this forum other than to this thread. Is this just a coincidence?

It would be nice to see these "aliases" prove their worth by contributing in some other way to this here esteemed community forum..... :|

So "markngan" and "ashley82" - just how are these bicycles 12+ months down the track now that they are out of their warranty period? Go on surprise us..... :roll:

And how hard is it for moderators to check that these 'members' aren't all originating from the same place? :?

As Monty Python so eloquently put it.....

spudley

Postby spudley » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:12 pm

Missy24 wrote:
newrider94 wrote:Would you guys buy one?
Nope
not when i can buy a Trek 1.1 with shimano cranks, shimano gears and dual pivot brakes for $799 -- with lifetime frame and fork warranty, and 12 months on parts...

AvniTumay

Postby AvniTumay » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:48 pm

Hi I have bought the Reid cycle Osprey which is one of Reid's popular bikes. Fantastic Bike my uncle who owns a specalized road bike was amazed at the features this bike had.

It has a aluminium frame with carbon fibre forks. (good for heavy people like myslef).

overall the bike weighs 10.2kgs (the lightest bike I've ever had!)

It comes with them old school pedal straps which I still use at the moment.

All I did was changed the Seat to suit my comfort.

Also a free bike pump and water bottle was given. Its basically an all ready to go package.

I highly recommend the bike to someone who is new to the sport, and definately the cheapest ways to get a taste of it.

Avni

the rat

Postby the rat » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:00 pm

^ Haha! Relentless...

I love this thread. Probably the most entertaining one going around. Please dont ever lock it.

Anyone silly enough to buy one of these deserves what they get. Junk. Every single one Ive seen has handlebars that are completely asymmetrical and the bike looks to be built and set up by a 5 year old child.

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:32 pm

who thinks of these names?

KenGS

Postby KenGS » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:53 pm

Surely worth it for the free pump and water bottle :roll:
--Ken
Helmets! Bells! Rego!

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:27 pm

MMMMMM..........I like it, and no dork disc :lol:

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:34 pm

It has reflectors... reflectors on wheels are SAD

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:52 am

I saw one in the CBD a couple weeks back, frame looked way better than an Industrie fixie quality wise, not that THAT would be hard. :roll:

Tell yer what Mr Reid, send me a catalogue and let me pick one gratis. I'll give it a fair audition and post an honest review. You never know, I might just end up buying it...

Better than constant shilling methinks.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

BR4D

Postby BR4D » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:17 am

Missy24 wrote:It has reflectors... reflectors on wheels are SAD

It's required by Law that bikes are sold with reflectors, but then you already knew that.

While they look sad they have probably saved a life or 2 at night time..

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:52 am

BR4D wrote:
Missy24 wrote:It has reflectors... reflectors on wheels are SAD

It's required by Law that bikes are sold with reflectors, but then you already knew that.

While they look sad they have probably saved a life or 2 at night time..
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo whats your point?

Westgarth

Postby Westgarth » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:48 am

Just start a seperate 'spoke reflector law resistors' thread OK? Then the fun can really begin :lol:

backofthebunch

Postby backofthebunch » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:19 pm

this thread = lolz

The most interesting point was that of wheel reflectors.
are they required to be fitted by law? whats the point of having a law like that.

Westgarth

Postby Westgarth » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:03 pm

I suffer from a rare medical condition for which I carry a note, which I will use if the police ever pull me over for having no reflective spokes on my wheels. As I ride the additional weight on the spokes with the reflectors causes a subtle vibration which gives me headaches, terrible headaches, and I start to believe that the Headless Cyclist is chasing me on his demonic Melbourne Bike Share bike. This makes me ride through red lights and on footpaths which is clearly dangerous to me, so therefore it is important that I not have reflectors on my wheelspokes.

aaron

Postby aaron » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:35 am