LBS recommendation

nandystam

LBS recommendation

Postby nandystam » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:31 pm

Hi there

Can anyone recommend a LBS around in the eastern suburbs around the Forest Hill area? I'm looking for an LBS that can do a good job with fitting parts and doesn't mind if the customer supplies them.

hamishm

Re: LBS recommendation

Postby hamishm » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:42 pm

Not exactly Forest Hill, but Quality Bicycle Repairs in Union Rd Surrey Hills is a service-only LBS and is happy to fit parts you supply. I've used them quite a lot recently.

defy1

Postby defy1 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:18 am

I like the guys at cyclingdeal. They are the MSY of cycling lol

CycloTron

Postby CycloTron » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:28 am

hamishm wrote:Not exactly Forest Hill, but Quality Bicycle Repairs in Union Rd Surrey Hills is a service-only LBS and is happy to fit parts you supply. I've used them quite a lot recently.
I've had reasonable experience with Quality Bicycles. They helped me with my first commuter, when I was just getting into cycling. But I would warn against getting them to build your wheels, as there are better and cheaper elsewhere.

Also look up Rapid Wrench, which is a mobile service that will come to your house. Michael is a good bloke and prices are good.

10speedsemiracer

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:44 am

Have been impressed by CycleWorks on Whitehorse Rd Box Hill (near the Box Hill VFL ground). Clean workshop, not full of crap bikes, the 2 guys I mt and chatted with knew their stuff.
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go