Riding around East Sale

Mugglechops

Riding around East Sale

Postby Mugglechops » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:57 pm

I am most likley going to be in East Sale in around a months time for a few weeks.

What's the riding like? I can pretty much ride any surface because I will be bringing my dropbar MTB.

Would like to do an overnighter somewhere over the one weekend I will be there, anything up to around 120kms a day.

I was thinking about riding to Dargo and back on Freestone Creek rd.

Mugglechops

Re: Riding around East Sale

Postby Mugglechops » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:05 am

So, is there no decent riding or just no one on the forum who has ridden there?

Mike Ayling

Postby Mike Ayling » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:03 pm

Mugglechops wrote:So, is there no decent riding or just no one on the forum who has ridden there?
There used to be a group called Sale and District Sunday Afternoon Cyclists (SADSAC).
Try googling them, they may have some ideas.

Mike
Recreational e bikes - for the sick, lame and lazy!

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:34 pm

Mugglechops wrote:So, is there no decent riding or just no one on the forum who has ridden there?
I have been in that area often and being of aged inspiration would probably ride out to Paradise beach (good facilities) or sea spray with my fold up surf rod.
That is heading diagonally opposite Dargo to the coast. Nice and flat for me.

The thing with Dargo is that it has a good pub and offers free camping around the back. :)

If you go to Sea Spray and turn left to Paradise beach ( Go around 20 klm) There are around 17 nice free camps some with toilets along a nice bitumen road.
Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:25 pm

Thanks for the info. It's been very windy since I got here so have mainly being doing 30-40kms a night around Sale after I finish work.

I went out and rode most of the way along the Gippsland Valley Rail Trail today. Did about 90kms all up.

All in all it's a nice place to ride. I can tell you don't have safe passing distance laws though.