Bribie Island Ride

foo on patrol

Re: Bribie Island Ride

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:38 am

Well 75klms this morning and 21 riders in the bunch. :shock: The pace was good for the first part up to the coffee and something to eat mark, then I got belted for the next 20klms. :lol:

http://app.strava.com/activities/129249 ... 2913842539" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:58 am

Good Friday ride done. :D We left the Island to head to Beachmere this morning (Paddles Country)and the temperature was perfect. 8)

The only thing that was not good was the bunch never pointed out quick enough the 300x50mm pot hole and I didn't miss it. The back wheel took most of the force as I managed to lift the front and I ended with a pinch flat. :evil: I guess that is to be expected with 106kgs lopping along. :oops:

http://app.strava.com/activities/131295044" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:06 pm

Good to get onto the mainland Foo :lol:

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:30 am

Another great day/morning for a ride and good to see some new faces this morning, three new girls turned up. 8)

http://app.strava.com/activities/131659358" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foo
Goal 6000km

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:48 am

foo on patrol wrote:Another great day/morning for a ride and good to see some new faces this morning, three new girls turned up. 8)

http://app.strava.com/activities/131659358" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foo
Very generous of you to encourage new faces foo :wink:
Anything you can do, I can do slower

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:53 am

Mate the more people of whatever age gets on the bikes the better I recon. However this group is very friendly and the girls and blokes that can't stay with the faster rides, just drop off and stay together and join back up at a regroup area. The Saturday ride is the one where we stay together for the whole ride, no splitting up and then enjoy a coffee and snack before separating. 8)

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:46 am

If you don't love riding ya bike in this weather we have at the moment, then you're not right in the head! :wink:

This mornings ride only had 10 riders so only half the normal field. :( I unfortunately had to pull out lame after 35klms. :evil:

http://app.strava.com/activities/132038227" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foo
Goal 6000km

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:06 pm

Got to love SEQ autumn weather Foo. Now that it's finally arrived :lol:

I hope the injury isn't to bad?

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:09 pm

Yeah me to but I may need to just back it off a notch for a little while. I felt it grab when I twisted around through the week so maybe just some steady spin rides instead. :?

Foo
Goal 6000km

Dave R32

Postby Dave R32 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:25 pm

Foo,

What time do the rides start on a Saturday and would it be ok for a mainlander to turn up?

Cheers
Dave.
Avanti Vivace = Sold | Trek Madone = Cracked | '12 Caad10 = Sold | Pinarello SDG3K | '14 Caad10 & Bianchi Pista

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:00 pm

Dave we start at 6.30 and anyone is welcome to join us. The Saturday ride is an easy ride that stays together but we do have a sprint or two at times. :)

We start from Brownies Sports Shop and go from there.

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:21 am

What a magic morning for a ride, I took off to Beachmere this morning. 8)

http://app.strava.com/activities/132805444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beachmere
Godwin Beach
Beachmere

Foo
Goal 6000km

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:42 pm

Beautiful stuff :) .
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:50 pm

You are a magic photog to get it looking so good Foo
Anything you can do, I can do slower

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:21 am

It was only the phone on landscape Bruce, you have to jag one sometimes. :lol:

This mornings ride started out good till the 40klm mark and then the knee started to grab again. :( Maybe I did to much on the front and need to hide in the bunch like a sprinter. :twisted:

http://app.strava.com/activities/133123609" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:47 am

Nothing special this morning, just a slow easy spin. Need to look after the old knee a bit. :(

http://app.strava.com/activities/133480855" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:51 am

Two bunches this morning with the fast bunch not catching the slow bunch till the last minute. :D

Well nearing the end of being able to ride every day :( which is probably a good thing because the legs have been sore the last three days. :twisted: The embarrassment of this mornings ride was crashing at 2kmh turning back up onto the bridge. :oops: There was a small piece of wood I never noticed and the front wheel hit it and speared me off. :(

http://app.strava.com/activities/133816259" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:06 am

Well my second last ride for the week today before getting back in the truck Monday. It's a shame I have over cooked the legs though. :( I thought I had it under control but alas no. Stiff, sore and dead they are! :roll:

http://app.strava.com/activities/134162363" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:00 am

The last ride for 5 days has been completed and 450klms completed for my week off. :D So legs you had better get better between now and next Saturday or I be cutting you off! :evil:

I must say, the weather has been bloody wonderful for riding. :mrgreen:

http://app.strava.com/activities/134507573" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foo
Goal 6000km

Paddles

Postby Paddles » Fri May 02, 2014 8:00 am

Good work Foo, I've been in and out of Gladstone during the week lately so no riding before work at the moment, but I had the week off last week as well and hit the local roads a bit. Good to see some ladies riding in your group too, I took my two ladies for a ride on good Friday as well, just after lunch it was magnificent, nice and warm but not hot, I've got wifey comfortably riding with me now and our 8yo girl can hold around 20km/h for our 32km lap with a couple of drinks breaks as well so things slow down slightly when we ride with the munchkin. Is that good Friday crew your regular Saturday group? It'd be good for us to ride with another slower paced group but we're not quite there yet as we'd slow people down too much with our little family but we're working on it though. There's a couple of holes to watch out for down our way but we're blessed with some nice safe country roads and I've also found the local vehicle drivers tend to be really good as well, they seem to give us heaps of room.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri May 02, 2014 4:28 pm

The Friday group is a fast bunch Padles. :wink: The Saturday lot is more or less the same as Sunday but it runs at 25-30 Kmh with a couple of sprints or a fast leg on the Logging track. We always regroup though after the couple of fast bits and then have a coffee at Bongaree. :wink:

It's good to see your family getting better and the fact that the youngins are going well. 8)

The thing I like most about the Saturday and Sunday rides is, everyone is getting better and the support for each other is great. The women have probably improved the most since I have joined both rides. :D

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat May 03, 2014 4:57 pm

The weather is getting cooler people but we still have good rides happening. :)

http://app.strava.com/activities/136673768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun May 04, 2014 10:30 am

'Twas bloody windy this morning and on the cooler side. I would hate to be caught with deep V Rims with these westerlies. :shock:

Coffee and a Blueberry Muffin at Macsquarks was enjoyed. :mrgreen:

http://app.strava.com/activities/137078613" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foo
Goal 6000km

redrover3

Postby redrover3 » Sun May 04, 2014 11:35 am

I would hate to be caught with deep V Rims with these westerlies.
Yeah, did Mt Coot-tha in the wind on my Gipi 416s. Big gust at Toowong threw me about 600mm sideways.
Tony

Paddles

Postby Paddles » Sun May 04, 2014 6:37 pm

Ooooo yeah, bit chilly this morning Foo, went for a quick lap with the wife at about 8am and even though it was windy it really only nailed us in a few open sections, we got a beauty of a gust in the dip westbound on Bribie Road just past the ambulance station which blasted the wife right off my tail. Still, it was a beautiful morning to spin the leggies and the trees blocked the wind for a lot of the way, it was nice to get home to the log fire and the cappuccino machine though ............ toasty!