Brisbane Blasters Ride

foo on patrol

Brisbane Blasters Ride

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:12 pm

Well, I got an invite to ride with this bunch of blokes through the week (invite only ride) and thought, why the hell not. :idea: To say I was out of my depth is an understatement! :lol:

These are a bunch of blokes and sometimes girls that have been on their bikes all the time and some of them I raced with. But me having been off my bike at one point for 30yrs and only riding twice a week if I am able to put be at a biiiiiig disadvantage for staying with any group rides I do. :(

This was todays ride and it hurt like hell but you know what, I still enjoyed it and that is what this sport/past time is all about. :wink:

http://app.strava.com/activities/101303790" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

retrograded

Re: Brisbane Blasters Ride

Postby retrograded » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:37 pm

I seem to recall a regular Saturday ride (back in the early/mid 90's) from the old Toowong library that went by the name of Brisbane Blasters, is this the same group?

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:46 pm

To be honest I couldn't tell you because until the last 4yrs I had been out of the scene.

This a pic of some of them, I'm on the far right, you know the one built like a Sloth. :lol:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

thearthurdog

Postby thearthurdog » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:44 am

The old Saturday ride that went from the Toowong Library was known as the Blasters ride as I believe it was originally set up by John Whip who owned / managed the Blasters (he's a good man). The ride would do a northside loop one week and a southside loop the next. Would often get 100+ people turn up.
FACTOR One
Fuji Norcom Straight
Fuji Track Elite
http://drpcoaching.blogspot.com.au

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:09 pm

That's John 3rd from the left and still a top bloke. :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km

DavidI

Postby DavidI » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:28 am

foo on patrol wrote:To be honest I couldn't tell you because until the last 4yrs I had been out of the scene.

This a pic of some of them, I'm on the far right, you know the one built like a Sloth. :lol:

Foo
You're no more sloth-like than I am!
And yes, the Blasters race squad grew out of the Toowong Library rides back in the late 80's/early 90's, the Blasters then begat the FFAST club (due to QCF regulations) - I still have my original FFAST team kit, it was just a pair of standard Axo knicks and an Axo jersey with "FFAST" screen printed on it. I'm a looong way from fitting into that...

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:55 pm

You'll go far mate.:mrgreen:

Foo

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:59 pm

Well it was that time of the year this morning and the Fat Bastard hung on this year, :lol: for the whole distance. :D

http://app.strava.com/activities/231291 ... 5457014239" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foo
Goal 6000km

elantra

Postby elantra » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:30 am

foo on patrol wrote:Well it was that time of the year this morning and the Fat Bastard hung on this year, :lol: for the whole distance. :D

http://app.strava.com/activities/231291 ... 5457014239" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foo
Well done Foo, it was a nice weekend for it.
Weather moderate enough to enjoy the important things in life, like bike riding, coffee and Red wine.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:47 pm

To true, Elantra and thanks. [emoji39]

Foo
Goal 6000km

vikandresen

Postby vikandresen » Thu May 14, 2015 5:25 pm

Hi! My Name is Viktoria.

My passion is cycling.

I came from Europe (Poland) without my bike because i can't take my bike to the plain.
I have money only for food and I really want to cross Australia on bike.

Please help me and give me information where can i take free bike???

If you know something about free bikes
PLEASE HELP!

e-mail: vik.andresen@gmail.com

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:24 pm

Another year on and another Blasters Ride completed. :mrgreen:

This year I struggled with staying with them on the hills from South Bank to Nudgee. :( After the Gateway climb I had to do a 5klm TT to get back on and when we arrived at Nudgee Beach, I notice the bike didn't want to roll freely. WTH? On closer inspection, I spot the rear brake was jammed hard against one side. :shock: Doh! :oops: Much easier to keep up after that little fix. Bloody idiot! :lol:

http://www.strava.com/activities/453017023" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foo
Goal 6000km