Clontarf Group Riders?

foo on patrol

Clontarf Group Riders?

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:20 pm

Let me know if there are anyone riding in a group this morning past Bunnings this morning in the three lane area and why, you were in the middle lane, as I have someone going on about it on another forum that I'm on. :?

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

CKinnard

Re: Clontarf Group Riders?

Postby CKinnard » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:34 pm

I presume you mean Bunnings Rothwell, and heading west on Anzac Avenue.

Just before Bunnings, the left hand lane is a left hand turn lane only, so left lane traffic heading straight has to change into one of the two inner lanes...which is probably what the cyclist did. It's quite obvious on google maps.

If you mean heading east on Anzac Ave, the left of three lanes is marked T2, though the cyclist should have been in it or the very wide but often glassed shoulder.

beanspropulsion

Postby beanspropulsion » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:07 am

CKinnard wrote: Just before Bunnings, the left hand lane is a left hand turn lane only, so left lane traffic heading straight has to change into one of the two inner lanes...which is probably what the cyclist did. It's quite obvious on google maps.
I have never seen a left turn lane only before Bunnings unless they have put one in since last Thursday when I cycled past Bunnings. And anyway cyclists are permitted to go straight through in a left turn lane.

What you are looking at is road marking showing a left turn arrow to show a junction coming up, it isn't a left turn only lane, cars can go straight ahead.
CKinnard wrote: If you mean heading east on Anzac Ave, the left of three lanes is marked T2, though the cyclist should have been in it or the very wide but often glassed shoulder.
No T2 lanes here anymore and more hazardous since they were removed. Google Earth is out of date.

CKinnard

Postby CKinnard » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:15 pm

ok, I was basing what I said on Google earth. I haven't ridden along there for about 4 months.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:28 pm

Since when can cyclists go straight in a turn left only lane?

beanspropulsion

Postby beanspropulsion » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:04 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:Since when can cyclists go straight in a turn left only lane?
I'm only repeating what other cyclists have told me and I've heard on forums.

I might have been wrong all these years!

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:23 pm

Well they are wrong.