TooMoo. Toowoomba to Mooloolaba

TheWall

TooMoo. Toowoomba to Mooloolaba

Postby TheWall » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:13 pm

Hey All,

http://toomoo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Signed up for this in 2016. Looks like a great day. Who else is in?

Will be using it as a personal fundraiser for a great mate and work colleague who has Muscular Dystrophy and all funds raised will go to MD Qld.

I will be in my special event gear [emoji4]Image

myforwik

Re: TooMoo. Toowoomba to Mooloolaba

Postby myforwik » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:52 pm

Do you know what pace this is typically done at? I'm guessing 25km/hr?

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:53 pm

myforwik wrote:Do you know what pace this is typically done at? I'm guessing 25km/hr?
Sorry myforwik...missed this reply. My understanding is that it nudges the 30klm. I think last year it split into two groups in the last 50 bit it is a no-one gets lefg behind type deal (might need that!)

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:00 pm

Ooh the downhill from Hampton-Esk would be a blast, i've only driven that road so far, not ridden it, but it's well surfaced and has great views. Lots of ups and downs on the road north of Somerset village which will be testing with a few kms already in the legs.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:53 pm

10 days to go...

I think you may be right about those leg testers Idrcycles...

Completed my two biggest rides ever in the past three weeks...both solo and 175klm & 180klm respectively with about 2k of climbing each. Was surprised I did them without major suffering at an avge of 27 and 29kph.

Question: How much riding should I do in the lead up week?

I am thinking I will do a century on Sat and perhaps a 70-80 on Monday with a couple of 40's on Wed &Thurs to keep the legs ticking over with no ride on Friday as that is the bus trip to Toowoomba.

Smithstreet

Postby Smithstreet » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:21 pm

I'm assuming your 'century' one week out is metric not imperial. (coz 100km WILL be enough)

Then a couple of 30km max rides ie, Tues then Thurs would be ample.
Like they say, better off going in underdone than overdone. If you don't have the fitness for it a week out... you're not gonna get it in the last week!! :wink:

Have a good one. And remember to 'drink' afterwards. :D

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:35 pm

Cheers Smithstreet. Will definitely have a beverage. Two weeks off work following!

Yep. Def just a metric tomorrow (but with climbing)and now a gentile 60 on Monday followed by two 30-40's.

Should be a good day.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:21 am

Taper it some what in the week leading up to it but most importantly...........drink plenty of water in the days prior, because it is still very warm through the days. :idea:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Sun May 01, 2016 7:40 am

Was a truly fantastic day. 2hrs of fog through the forests North of Toowoomba down through to Esk. Some brilliant Sunshine (and an eagerly eaten lunch) past Somerset/Kilcoy then showers through Landsborough but cleared for the roll into Mooloolaba. Great help from a huge number of volunteers from the Toowoomba Lyons Club cooking a massive breaky to all of the support vehicles and directional "cows".

Personally, my day ended 25k too early as unluckily snagged a stick that popped up from another bike breaking two rear spokes. But complaining about that misses a couple of points. Firstly, they day raised enough money to buy Sunny Ciast Kids charity a car to assist their efforts (emblazoned with "Toomoo 220 - Cyclists support charity" and secondly new riding buddies met for more a dentures in and around the Sunshine Coast.

Highly recommend this if you get the chance.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 am

Well done. 8)

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Mon May 02, 2016 6:36 pm

Excellent stuff, have you got any pics to share?
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Mon May 02, 2016 7:56 pm

Post above....gees I hate autocorrect sometimes!

Cheers lads...lots of pics here https://www.facebook.com/TOOMOO220/?ref=ts&fref=ts if you are on Facebook that is. I actually did not take any which is odd for me.

Forgot to add...the other riders. Having most in the same bus heading up to Toowoomba really helped the feel of the ride. Was funny as the bus got much quieter the further we stretched away from Mooloolaba...and everyone was thinking the exact same thing...gees this is along way home. The one-way thing messed with a few brains (mine inc). Another good part was the 'Whinge Sticks" that had to be carried if you were caught whinging...the only way to get rid of it...was to catch someone else. Funny indeed.