TDU Bupa ride without registration

Jesmol

Re: TDU Bupa ride without registration

Postby Jesmol » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:58 pm

cage wrote:oh, please...excuse me for daring to ride a road of MY choosing. :roll:
Actually a reasonable length of road that is not open to cyclists was made open for the event.

r11ss

Postby r11ss » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:59 pm

Not sure what the 'oh please' is supposed to mean. No one that has paid to enter will feel that the food and drink is worth the entry fee, they would feel the benefits lie elsewhere. To ignore this and insist you are just riding on public roads may make you feel ok but there are thousands that disagree. If everyone thought they could do it for free there would be no ride at all.

cage

Postby cage » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:13 pm

r11ss wrote:Not sure what the 'oh please' is supposed to mean. No one that has paid to enter will feel that the food and drink is worth the entry fee, they would feel the benefits lie elsewhere.
Please, explain, what are these imaginary benefits you speak of?
but there are thousands that disagree.
haha...thousands, yeah right...you keep thinking that.
If drivers and riders spent more time worrying about their responsibilities than their rights then roads would be far safer.

r11ss

Postby r11ss » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:29 pm

haha...thousands, yeah right...you keep thinking that.[/quote]

6500 people paid to do the ride, in paying they are certainly implying that they agree.

If someone really felt there were no benefits to doing the route on that day they wouldn't do it. The fact they do the route on that day implies that they feel there is something better about those roads on that day. It's not difficult to grasp yet if people want to believe otherwise to justify not paying for an event that includes road closures and a a large police presence then I am never going to convince them.

At the end of the day it is a moral issue and if people don't have the same morals then no amount of my arguments are going to change that.

They are open roads and everyone is free to use them, I couldn't do it with a clear conscience though.

cage

Postby cage » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:42 pm

Mate, its just a ride, get over it.
If your so upset about riding with a few that may not have payed then maybe not turn up next year and save your self, and every one else, the frustration. I'm sure nobody's interested in your whining.
If drivers and riders spent more time worrying about their responsibilities than their rights then roads would be far safer.

r11ss

Postby r11ss » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:52 pm

I am not upset, and the only frustration I have is trying to understand your illogical arguments. And now the insults from someone that can't formulate an argument and has nothing of benefit to add.

cage

Postby cage » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:57 pm

What part of 'get over it' don't you understand?

r11ss

Postby r11ss » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:04 pm

LOL, so now you are telling me that I am not allowed to have a discussion on a forum. Keep those well thought out arguments coming!

adam79

Postby adam79 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:05 pm

I rode 4 of the 5 stages during the week, all of which were enjoyable. You can ride all the routes from start to finish including going through the start / finish gates if you're early enough. I can say there were no benefits on bupa day.

cage

Postby cage » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:06 pm

r11ss wrote:LOL, so now you are telling me that I am not allowed to have a discussion on a forum. Keep those well thought out arguments coming!
No, its just my way of saying, quit your whining.

adam79

Postby adam79 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:08 pm

Sorry i should say you couldnt ride the expressway on that day, but the veloway was fine!

r11ss

Postby r11ss » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:15 pm

The guy that rode 4 out of 5 stages I understand.

Cage:- can't formulate an argument so just tells the other person to shut up, says a lot about you.

m@

Postby m@ » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:53 pm

[mod]That'll be sufficient thank you gentlemen.[/mod]
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe