Day 1 of pay parking in Parl Triangle - bike cages overflow

Ross

Day 1 of pay parking in Parl Triangle - bike cages overflow

Postby Ross » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:24 pm

http://wwww.citynews.com.au/2014/pay-pa ... erflowing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lobstermash

Re: Day 1 of pay parking in Parl Triangle - bike cages overf

Postby lobstermash » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:38 pm

I could be wrong, but that looks suspiciously like the JGB bike cage (Department of the Environment), which is usually quite full regardless... As is our bike cage at 33 Allara St.

cp123

Postby cp123 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:14 pm

I ride in down Flynn Drive and past Lennox gardens. there were NO cars parked there this morning. however, they were all right around the corner in Alexandrina Drive in a little driveway parking each other in. I'd hate to have arrived first and not be able to get out. That nice little green spot will be a dustbowl in 2 weeks I reckon. :roll:

There are also signs on Alexandrina Drive saying no parking on the road between the rdbt and Hopetoun circuit. I bet there are a lot of cars parked at the yacht club too.

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:22 pm

Certainly noticed a new range of frankenvehicles on the path this morning. I did an extra loop of LBG this morning on the commute and saw at least a dozen electric skateboards, scooters and really poorly made ebikes of various design. Apparently there are supposed to be fines issued from day 1 for non-compliant/illegal parking, but there were plenty taking the risk in all manner of random grassy areas this morning.

thelittlebattler

Postby thelittlebattler » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:07 pm

Ah that's why there were a million cars parked on Alexandrina drive near the roundabout... Weren't that many in the yacht club (too far to walk that extra 1.5 mins i guess), but wow as cp123 said they were everywhere on both sides of the road near the corner.

nescius

Postby nescius » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:24 pm

I stopped to lend a hand to a bloke with a flat this morning who was doing his first ride in to work to avoid the pay parking. I also noticed lots of motorbikes at work today, I think the numbers were up there with the most I've ever seen (where were these softies during the dead of winter I ask!).
Scott Spark 900 RC | Yeti Arc | Yeti SB130 | Trek Madone 4.5 | Look 695 SR ipack

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:59 pm

lobstermash wrote:I could be wrong, but that looks suspiciously like the JGB bike cage (Department of the Environment), which is usually quite full regardless... As is our bike cage at 33 Allara St.
My suspicions are confirmed. The Harrier is still parked out the front of the bike cage (had to pop over to JGB for a meeting).

I'd be curious to see the bike cage at the Department of Employment, which was all but empty during a 2-week secondment in mid-Autumn.

thelittlebattler

Postby thelittlebattler » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:53 am

Went for a cruise past the yacht club and along the lake this morning to see how the parking looked. Yacht club was empty, so they must've cracked down. The grass was busy, but not ridiculous. Funnily, I saw a lady park there then get her bike out (including getting dressed in full cycling gear). Took her so long getting ready I reckon she could've walked to anywhere in the triangle quicker.
Lots of bikes commuting, including an electric fold up bike that foiled my plans of an easy cruise (must...catch...small bike...)
Also, motorbikes galore at any government building by the looks.

thelittlebattler

Postby thelittlebattler » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:53 pm

And to make things even more interesting, I just got an email from the yacht club: That area around Lotus Bay boat ramp will have 3 hour parking signs erected today, and patrolled with fines from tomorrow.
Might be worth another cruise past tomorrow, to see how our nations most talented public servants deal with the new obstacle

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:36 pm

Spotted the signs this morning. I doubt most of the people that still parked there did. I think I'll go home via Yarra just to see the cars with decorated wipers...

EDIT: Well, that was disappointing... Full of cars and not a single orange envelope on a wiper blade

thelittlebattler

Postby thelittlebattler » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:09 am

lobstermash wrote:Spotted the signs this morning. I doubt most of the people that still parked there did. I think I'll go home via Yarra just to see the cars with decorated wipers...

EDIT: Well, that was disappointing... Full of cars and not a single orange envelope on a wiper blade
Aww man, I didn't get to drive by. To be fair, the signs were pretty ambiguous... I'd be upset if I got stung there (something about a sign having to be within 20m comes to mind).

I guess fortune favors the brave. I think the main concern was on Wednesdays anyway, when boat trailers would be wanting to launch for the twilight sailing races. Anyone see some orange flavored windscreens today?

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:39 am

I'm wondering if some got fined yesterday. There was an invasion of the eastern basin near all those units and construction work. Dairy farmers road will be next I reckon...

thelittlebattler

Postby thelittlebattler » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:40 am

Yep, was super quiet near the yacht club this morning. Lots of bike racks further towards Yarraluma, hopefully a few might start riding the whole trip from home... maybe some future moving-targets for next spring.