2010 -2021 City of Perth Cycle Plan – Feedback Collection

Aushiker

2010 -2021 City of Perth Cycle Plan – Feedback Collection

Postby Aushiker » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:57 pm

Hi

Details posted here, but briefly the City of Perth is gathering cyclists input into the preparation of its 2010 -2021 City of Perth Cycle Plan and hence this is a great opportunity to input into the process right from the beginning, Please consider completing the survey which can be found by going directly to http://community.cityofperth.wa.gov.au/cycleplansurvey

Regards
Andrew

rolandp

Re: 2010 -2021 City of Perth Cycle Plan – Feedback Collectio

Postby rolandp » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:34 am

Posted my responses.

Please take the time to complete, and if you are interested in registering for updates, ensure you complete the small form on the original link in the OP.

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:28 pm

Aushiker wrote:Hi

Details posted here, but briefly the City of Perth is gathering cyclists input into the preparation of its 2010 -2021 City of Perth Cycle Plan and hence this is a great opportunity to input into the process right from the beginning, Please consider completing the survey which can be found by going directly to http://community.cityofperth.wa.gov.au/cycleplansurvey

Regards
Andrew
I just completed the survey. Didn't take long...
<removed by request>

CycleSnail

Postby CycleSnail » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:48 am

The City of Perth have employed a person who has gained experience in New Zealand and London around transport planning involving people using bicycles and public transport. This is a good development for people who choose not to use a car for their commuting.

CoPerth planning will be based on the survey currently open (? to the 20th August?)

The survey has so far yielded about 500 responses. About 2000 responses would be a representative number of people who either cycle into Perth or would cycle in if they were able to find safe cycling routes in the CBD.

Get engaged, and encourage your collegues, friends, relatives and pets to fill in the survey.

Regards,
Heinrich
Support high quality cycling advocacy!

GingaNinja

Postby GingaNinja » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:53 am

Heinrich, do you know the number of responses now?
I see that general public is being asked to have their say on COP cycle plan -2021 in the local papers with a write up in The Guardian.
Very promising comments from the Lord Mayor Lisa Scaffidi and great pic of the city and Lisa as cycle chic.
Closing date is 30 August.
David.

CycleSnail

Postby CycleSnail » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:48 pm

GingaNinja wrote:Heinrich, do you know the number of responses now?

Closing date is 30 August.
David.
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your interest in hearing more about cycling and sustainable transport initiatives in the City of Perth.

If you have already completed the City of Perth's initial survey for the development of the Draft Cycle Plan, thank you for your feedback.
You'll be pleased to know that we have had close to 750 surveys completed to date.

With only 12 days until the survey closes on Monday 30th of August, we'd like to encourage those of you who haven't yet had your say to visit http://www.perth.wa.gov.au/cycleplan

Please feel free pass on this information to your colleagues, family and friends - those who ride, are keen to start or would like to help Perth become a more cycle friendly city.

We look forward to your feedback.

Kind Regards,
Laura Donovan
Traffic and Transport Researcher
City Design
City of Perth
Email: trafficandtransport@cityofperth.wa.gov.au
Web: http://www.cityofperth.wa.gov.au

Regards,
Heinrich
Support high quality cycling advocacy!

cavebear2

Postby cavebear2 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:31 pm

I completed my survey yesterday. 8)

boatonthehill

Postby boatonthehill » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:19 pm

I sent through my survey

good on them for even taking the tmie to do such a thing!
Hopefully it heralds some positive results :D

giwi2

Postby giwi2 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:51 pm

done - i was reminded by Megan who rides with us on Saturdays but also works with CoP. Hopefully her little speech this morning will capture another 20 or more people
2009 Scott Sportster
2009 Specialized Roubaix Expert

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:16 am

This closes on Monday 30th of August 2010 (5pm), so if you haven't completed the survey, please take the time to complete.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:54 pm

Hi

Latest update is that they got 1200 + responses to the survey which is good I guess. They will be providing samples of the feedback at http://www.perth.wa.gov.au/web/Council/ ... Cycle-Plan.

Regards
Andrew

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:49 pm

Site has been updated to reflect some prelimary statistics:
The above is an automated GIF which will automatically change.

Some examples are:
65% ride for health reasons
68% completed survey were males
almost 25% were from Stirling - this one really surprised me but then again they are the largest council

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:33 pm

Hi

The City of Perth Cycle Plan has been updated and can be found here - pages 2 - 8.

Andrew

PerthCycleChic

Postby PerthCycleChic » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:53 pm

I can't find any update on the planning and progress of Perth's cycleways. Does anyone have any information? Thanks.

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:43 pm

PerthCycleChic, the last time I contacted City of Perth on similar subject was in Apil - City of Perth Community Forum – 18 April 2011

Lots of questions asked relating to cycling in Perth. One of the responses being:
The City is currently finalising a draft Cycle Plan that will, amongst other things, recommend improvements to the current cycling network including dedicated space for people using bicycles. This is expected to be released for public comment in August/Sept 2011.

Only 6 more weeks until August 2011, so maybe we will see the plan for public comment then or may be it will the end of Sept 2011 which will then be a lot more weeks.

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:28 pm

Part of an e-mail from City of Perth received today:
Cycle Plan and Cycling Activity Update
The City's Works and Urban Development Committee were recently provided an update on cycling activities and advised that the draft Cycle Plan would be provided during the August meeting to seek approval for the draft to be released for public consultation from Council. To review the full report please visit: http://www.perth.wa.gov.au/documentdb/2469.pdf (pages 20-27).

Also included within this report are the latest statistics on usage for the Cycle Hire schemes in Brisbane and Melbourne, Bikeweek events and a pilot cycle training programme underway with TravelSmart Workplaces. An overview of the Super Tuesday results is also provided. As reported in the last update, 46 sites in the City of Perth were included in this visual bike count, held annually, nationally in March. The majority of the sites selected in the City of Perth were new to help inform the Cycle Plan (currently in development as above), however there was an average increase of 11% seen at comparable count sites from 2010. The top site in Perth near the Narrows, was the 3rd busiest site counted in Australia, with 1,041 riders in the 2 hour count period. Individual cycle count details are now available, http://www.bv.com.au/bike-counts/gmaps/ ... t=2011_3_1

The City of Perth Budget 2011/12 is also now available online: http://www.perth.wa.gov.au/documentdb/2471.pdf, page 97 of 189 identifies $500,000 for the first year of implementation for the Cycle Plan.

Why can't it be released now for comment? Why wait until August council meeting to seek approval?

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:51 am

Why are we waiting?

Yes, I do follow this up, last e-mail Feb-2012, hope you guys do as well.

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:10 am

I've asked for the following questions to be asked at the Council Meeting this week (13th March 2012)
Question 1
In August 2010, members of the public were requested to undertake a survey relating to the 2010 - 2021 City of Perth Bike Plan. Over 1200 people responded. On the 15th August 2011 Works and Urban Development Committee there was a recommendation that the Bike Plan would be released for general public comment in November 2011, which has not occurred. For the 21 February 2012 Ordinary Meeting of the Council, Agenda Item No 18: 'MURRAY STREET BETWEEN BARRACK STREET AND PIER STREET – FEASIBILITY STUDY INTO THE REMOVAL OF THE SEPARATED CONTRA FLOW CYCLE LANE AND INVESTIGATION OF ALTERNATIVE LAYOUTS' referenced Draft Cycle Plan 2029.
a) As a member of the public and a regular cyclist, how am I to respond to Item 18 when I do not have access to the Draft Cycle Plan refered to in Agenda Item No 18, why wasn't it attached for reference?
b) Were all members of the Ordinary Meeting provided with a copy of the Draft Cycle Plan?
c) If the answer to the question b) was NO, then how could they have decided on Item No 18 which references the Draft Cycle Plan 2029?
d) The periods of the plan are different, in 2010 it was for a period of 2010 - 2021, but Item No 18 indicates that it is for 2029, what is the period and why were we requested to provide feedback for only a proportion of the period in the original consultation period?
e) When will the Cycle Plan be released, in particular that the original survey was for a period beginning 2010 and we are already in 2012 with no visibility of the Cycle Plan?

Question 2
The Perth Parking Levy allows for the allocation of funds to improve the cycling infrastructure in the Perth CBD.
a) What grants have the City of Perth requested to improve cycling infrastructure in the Perth CBD since 1999 via the Perth Parking Levy grant funds?
b) Why hasn't the City of Perth requested a grant from the Perth Parking Levy for Item WK20/12 City of Perth’s Works and Urban Development Committee – 16-Jan-2012, which indicates that there is insufficient funds to replace a section of the PSP in one financial year as a grant from the Perth Parking Levy could allow for this to be replaced earlier?
c) Why hasn't the City of Perth requested grants from the Perth Parking Levy as the same report (WK20/12) indicates that there are several sections of the PSP which need to be replaced now, and which have been reported to the City for the last three years, and are still not replaced?
d) When will the City of Perth repair the items reported by members of the public for the last three years relating to cycling infrastructure in the Perth area?

fixed

Postby fixed » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:55 am

Lisa Scaffidi doesnt answer my tweets about the bike plan. Spends quite some time tweeting mwah mwah to luvvies
The bicycle is a curious vehicle. Its passenger is its engine.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:44 pm

fixed wrote:Lisa Scaffidi doesnt answer my tweets about the bike plan. Spends quite some time tweeting mwah mwah to luvvies
Cyclists don't get her reelected :wink:

Andrew

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:27 am

From Traffic and Transport at the City of Perth ...

Progress on the City of Perth draft Cycle Plan

As you may be aware in August last year the draft Cycle Plan was presented to the Works and Urban Development Committee to seek endorsement for it to be released for public consultation. A number of amendments were suggested to the draft plan. The City has been busy taking these suggestions onboard and redeveloping the draft plan accordingly.

It is now anticipated that the draft Cycle Plan will be presented to the Works and Urban Development Committee in late April. Following the endorsement of the draft plan by Council it is scheduled for release at the beginning of June for public consultation. The consultation period will last for six weeks, after which time comments will be taken on board and the plan amended accordingly.

The City of Perth would like to thank the public for their continued interest and support in the development of this very important plan, and look forward to your feedback on the draft plan in the coming months.

So there you go, they are making progress apparently :wink: .

Andrew

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:34 am

I got the same generic e-mail. I will be still attending the City of Perth meeting Tuesday night, so I get the answers to the questions asked. If anyone would like to join me, I'll be the one in shorts and cycling shirt.

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:52 am

I attended this evening's meeting, lasted around 25 minutes. I will wait for the formal response which will come out soon, but just to make one comment:

The City of Perth indicated that the Bike Plan is for the period up to 2029 (ie 17 years) so that it alligns to other 'plans' eg City of Perth 2029 Vision. Even though the WA Bicycle Network Plan released today is for 2012 - 2021 (ie alligns to the original period for CoP Bike Plan). The CoP Bike Plan had better be good when it is released in May and is for the next 17 years.

kellyu

Postby kellyu » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Aushiker wrote:
fixed wrote:Lisa Scaffidi doesnt answer my tweets about the bike plan. Spends quite some time tweeting mwah mwah to luvvies

Andrew
Yes they do. I'm a City of Perth ratepayer and am on the electoral roll for the Perth Local Government Area.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:06 pm

kellyu wrote:
Aushiker wrote:

Andrew
Yes they do. I'm a City of Perth ratepayer and am on the electoral roll for the Perth Local Government Area.
How many cyclists do seriously think are able to vote in CoP elections? Somehow I suspect they are well and truly in the minority and then you have to actually get them to vote .. 50% turnout is consider nirvana.

Andrew