Look Mum - I'm flying

redned

Re: Look Mum - I'm flying

Postby redned » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:00 pm

Rolling through the STOP sign not a good look though!

archetuthus

Postby archetuthus » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:36 pm

yes, definitely not my finest moment, I am usually pretty hardcore on obeying all traffic laws, but in this case I slipped up. I font think that rolling through the stop after numerous head checks and reading of traffic compares to the display by the non plated ute though. As this is a rather busy road I try to minimise my time on it by riding as fast as possible to keep out of motorists way in the shortest amount of time possible.

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:14 am

It's back, bring on the hot weather and the old concrete sections on this PSP have "risen" to the occasion. MRWA already on it with warning signs installed, but wish they would stop applying the band-aid approach to maintenance to the PSP and fix these type of items correctly.

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:18 am

Also the black signs frames being vandalised and creating a hazard themselves. Would hate to be riding it in the dark without knowing what to look for.

Huge thread grave digging Roland ;)

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:17 am

rolandp wrote:It's back, bring on the hot weather and the old concrete sections on this PSP have "risen" to the occasion. MRWA already on it with warning signs installed, but wish they would stop applying the band-aid approach to maintenance to the PSP and fix these type of items correctly.
I rode from Hepburn Ave up to Joondalup on Saturday and the concrete sections of PSP were shocking! Such a comparison to the nice new paths they've put in.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:52 pm

Mububban wrote:
rolandp wrote:It's back, bring on the hot weather and the old concrete sections on this PSP have "risen" to the occasion. MRWA already on it with warning signs installed, but wish they would stop applying the band-aid approach to maintenance to the PSP and fix these type of items correctly.
I rode from Hepburn Ave up to Joondalup on Saturday and the concrete sections of PSP were shocking! Such a comparison to the nice new paths they've put in.
Sadly, the City of Joondalup likes concrete with recent works was to replace a large section of concrete with concrete, as well as future works to replace tar with concrete, on the shared path on Hepburn Ave from the freeway to Marmion Ave.

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:38 pm

For those riding at the Karrinyup intersection, one of the concrete slabs has moved, MRWA have filled it with black tar which has now "sunk" which if you ride over it, which I did, can cause a near fall in my case. Photos taken which will be passed onto MRWA.

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:43 am

rolandp wrote:For those riding at the Karrinyup intersection, one of the concrete slabs has moved, MRWA have filled it with black tar which has now "sunk" which if you ride over it, which I did, can cause a near fall in my case. Photos taken which will be passed onto MRWA.
Is that coming from north, but south of Karrinyup Rd lights? I turn right at that point and ride west along Karrinyup Rd, there's a dodgy lumpy section of the PSP just as it rises up to the lights
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

redned

Postby redned » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:36 pm

Mububban wrote:
rolandp wrote:For those riding at the Karrinyup intersection, one of the concrete slabs has moved, MRWA have filled it with black tar which has now "sunk" which if you ride over it, which I did, can cause a near fall in my case. Photos taken which will be passed onto MRWA.
Is that coming from north, but south of Karrinyup Rd lights? I turn right at that point and ride west along Karrinyup Rd, there's a dodgy lumpy section of the PSP just as it rises up to the lights
Yes. One concrete panel is slipping away toward the freeway, but two have separated about 25mm vertically into a south-bound hazard.

Scott_C

Postby Scott_C » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:03 pm

redned wrote:Yes. One concrete panel is slipping away toward the freeway, but two have separated about 25mm vertically into a south-bound hazard.
The entire slope there is eroding away because there is no provision for drainage (look at the chicken wire fence adjacent to the path here, the bottom of the wire is where the ground level used to be and it is now 10-15cm above the current ground level). Unless they remove the path, construct a retaining wall and drainage, backfill, compact the surface and replace the path it will keep on happening.

redned

Postby redned » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:52 pm

redned wrote:
Mububban wrote:
Yes. One concrete panel is slipping away toward the freeway, but two have separated about 25mm vertically into a south-bound hazard.
Even knowing it was there, I hit it hard this morning and got a flat!

redned

Postby redned » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:58 pm

redned wrote: Even knowing it was there, I hit it hard this morning and got a flat!
Another rider with a flat there this morning. Also hit it hard.