Motorcycle on Kwinana PSP

Aushiker

Re: Motorcycle on Kwinana PSP

Postby Aushiker » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:03 pm

Mrfenejeans wrote:
filpee wrote:Often see a moped heading over the freeway foot bridge (AT) Osborne Park (the one at the end of King Edward Street).
Have yet to be lucky enough to catch his number plate.
Even the Auspost Posties use that bridge.
and probably illegally ....

Andrew

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:48 am

Double sighting this evening. Motorbike at the 'footbridge' at Osborne Park. Saw the motorized bike shaped object near karrinyup rd. I'm so lucky.

The 'footbridge' is not a foot bridge but a shared path which still shouldn't be used by a motorbike. Several do.

cray-

Postby cray- » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:28 pm

Noticed a lot of sand on the path near the Roe Highway crest on the Kwinana PSP while riding in on Friday morning. Didn't seem wind related, lots of ruts on the surrounding hills so I guessed roosting motorbike.

Then came across the probable culprit on the ride home. Helmetless teenager on a small (80cc?) dirtbike, riding along the path at Roe Hwy. No camera, nothing much to report, just thought I'd add it to the list.

Be careful out there folks.

Robinho

Postby Robinho » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:16 pm

cray- wrote:Noticed a lot of sand on the path near the Roe Highway crest on the Kwinana PSP while riding in on Friday morning. Didn't seem wind related, lots of ruts on the surrounding hills so I guessed roosting motorbike.

Then came across the probable culprit on the ride home. Helmetless teenager on a small (80cc?) dirtbike, riding along the path at Roe Hwy. No camera, nothing much to report, just thought I'd add it to the list.

Be careful out there folks.
When I came through on Sunday day afternoon two friendly (assumed) locals were sweeping the sand away at the top of the roe hwy crest. No sign of motorbikes

Postby 446006 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:01 pm

I came across the motor bike, no helmelt bogan kinda rider at the bull creek station psp. He was heading North I was heading south, heading straight for me as if to play chickens and he totally smoked it flying past. I got off my bike pretty quick. Total moron!

chuckchunder

Postby chuckchunder » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:33 am

Had a couple yesterday - the same one twice, with a twist! Wife and I are riding along the Canning River shared path, I can hear a trailbike approaching so fire up the camera. Trailbike appears around a bend doing maybe 50km/h, he moves wide around my wife but cannot see me and cuts in again, missing me by centimetres. Camera didn't boot up in time to record the pass.

A couple of hours later I'm riding down the Roe Highway PSP and hear the recognisable note of the above bike. Rider approaches at high speed swerving around and apparently trying to intimidate me off the path..............followed by his mate in a battered Falcon.............

Sooner or later this stuff is going to cost someone their life.
"We have thousands of miles of cycling infrastructure, we just need to get the cars off them....." US advocate

Robinho

Postby Robinho » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:39 am

Had two on dirt bikes heading north as we went south, at Murdoch station. Front guy looked me in the eye and tried to pull a wheelie as he passed. There were about 6 cyclists heading south on that stretch and a number of pedestrians walking north from the station through the s-bend underpass. Hope the cockwombles stacked it without hurting anyone but themselves

cray-

Postby cray- » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:54 pm

chuckchunder wrote:.......followed by his mate in a battered Falcon.............
double ewe tee eff? Was it registered? Did you get a plate?

softy

Postby softy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:23 pm

I have seen this idiot too.

heading South on the PSP just on the south side of Murdoch stn

cray-

Postby cray- » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:25 pm

Two big fancy pants street bikes heading North on the PSP just south of Canning Bridge last Friday 22nd. Full leathers, helmets, yellow/black/white color scheme on the bikes. Hard to tell from the eyes, but old enough to know better. Thankfully they where cruising along relatively slowly, probably slower than many cyclists, not doing anything silly, but I had to wonder why the heck they thought it was OK to do so?

Tandem

Postby Tandem » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:51 pm

cray- wrote: but I had to wonder why the heck they thought it was OK to do so?
Should have asked them :)

softy

Postby softy » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:42 pm

Pretty common these days, no police around on PSPs so kids keep off the road and under the radar.

but not the best for us pushy types.

chuckchunder

Postby chuckchunder » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:30 pm

They're so common around here I only post about the really out there stuff as above. I see motorcycles on the Canning River shared path multiple times every day, and on the Roe PSP regularly. I'm guessing it will take a fatality or serious injury for any action by any authority, which will last for a week or so and then disappear until the next time........
"We have thousands of miles of cycling infrastructure, we just need to get the cars off them....." US advocate

softy

Postby softy » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:08 am

chuckchunder wrote:They're so common around here I only post about the really out there stuff as above. I see motorcycles on the Canning River shared path multiple times every day, and on the Roe PSP regularly. I'm guessing it will take a fatality or serious injury for any action by any authority, which will last for a week or so and then disappear until the next time........
If you have read through some of the other threads where members have reported crashes incidents to the police on PSPs, the police say, it is outside thier jurisdiction. It is a civil matter if you want to take it further.

So the police will not police the PSPs nor respond to a compliant. The problem is PSPs are in the road reserve so come under the state law (police jurisdiction), unlike parks which are local government. So you have no hope of any resolution with the law.

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:11 pm

I wonder how the police settled the blue when they put a quad bike on a psp and smacked into cycle or ped. That at least shows they had an interest. The interest probably faded a bu=it after that effort :) though.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-23/p ... st/5472706" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Police officers patrolling a Melbourne bicycle path for illegal motorbikes have been involved in a crash, critically injuring a 74-year-old female cyclist.
The officers were driving a four-wheel quad bike, the type often used on farms, to patrol the Darebin Creek Trail around Heidelberg West for motorcycles and monkey bikes that use the path illegally.
Victoria Police said the officers were "driving the Polaris at low speed" on Thursday afternoon when the cyclist rounded a corner and lost control of her bike.
She slid and hit the front of the police quad bike.
The St Kilda woman was taken to the Royal Melbourne Hospital and is in a critical condition.
Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

Thoglette

Postby Thoglette » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:22 pm

softy wrote:So the police will not police the PSPs nor respond to a compliant. The problem is PSPs are in the road reserve so come under the state law (police jurisdiction), unlike parks which are local government. So you have no hope of any resolution with the law.
Because people give up.
It's about a four or step process, ending up with the shadow police minister standing on a PSP in front of TV crew telling us all how 'the current Minister is lazy, incompetent and symptomatic of an arrogant government out of touch with the real issues.' Or some such.
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

cray-

Postby cray- » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:38 pm

Tandem wrote:
cray- wrote: but I had to wonder why the heck they thought it was OK to do so?
Should have asked them :)
Even with the relatively slow speed, I wasn't about to get off my bike and stand in their way to impede them.
softy wrote:Pretty common these days, no police around on PSPs so kids keep off the road and under the radar.

but not the best for us pushy types.
Not kids. And these were big capacity steet bikes, passed too quickly to identify make/model or even bother to look for a brand name. But we're talking 1000cc plus, something along these lines:

Mainly I posted to see if anyone else spotted them and could shed any more light. Long shot, but you never know.

sloder100

Postby sloder100 » Wed May 11, 2016 5:40 pm

Not the Kwinana PSP, but last night (10th May) on the midland line in Bayswater, i got the sh*t scared out of me by a 50cc dirt bike which hammered past at around 80km/h from around the corner, he was leaning over the line. There were walkers and other bikes right behind me, i hope they didn't get a scare.

chuckchunder

Postby chuckchunder » Wed May 11, 2016 9:37 pm

sloder100 wrote:Not the Kwinana PSP, but last night (10th May) on the midland line in Bayswater, i got the sh*t scared out of me by a 50cc dirt bike which hammered past at around 80km/h from around the corner, he was leaning over the line. There were walkers and other bikes right behind me, i hope they didn't get a scare.]
Come over to the Roe Hwy path, you'll get hardened to them and dodging them will just be commonplace.........

zmk

Postby zmk » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:47 pm

Anyone notice the kid on the scooter doing ~50km/h on the PSP near Murdoch the last few days?

Olimezza

Postby Olimezza » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:01 pm

Trail bikes are rife throughout parks and reserves in Cockburn. I live adjacent to a park in Yangebup and they are a plague. Cockburn residents staged a protest last year resulting in a police clampdown and a few bikes being confiscated. Problem is that you have to find where the buggers live and tell the cops, and the cops then have to build a case, but the number of said bikes did seem to dwindle for a while after a few were confiscated. But as time passed the little pricks again became more brazen, and the new LPT doesn't seem to care much. Had no idea they were endangering lives along the PSPs. Utter drongos. What an idiotic world we live in. We may have to have another protest in Cockburn the way things are going.