Motorcycle on Kwinana PSP

stealthbike

Motorcycle on Kwinana PSP

Postby stealthbike » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:17 pm

I got the shock of my life on Tuesday when a motorcycle with two unhelmeted boys on it whizzed past me on the Kwinana PSP heading south in Como. I estimate that they were doing 50 - 60 km/h. These incidents seem to be on the rise but I thought were more likely in more outlying suburbs. Certainly didn't expect one near Canning Bridge. :evil:
2010 Specialized Roubaix Elite - Black
"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results" - Winston Churchill

Shifter

Re: Motorcycle on Kwinana PSP

Postby Shifter » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:41 pm

Was it a motorbike or Scooter?

I've seen a few on the bike path between Murdoch and South Lake. Wonder if it's the same crew. Any chance you saw the license plate?
2017 Norco Optic C9.2
2010 Malvern Star Oppy A4

wagr1213

Postby wagr1213 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:08 pm

Ah yeh - tho I havnt been found it whilst riding on the Path, as a train driver I have seen quite a few Motorbikes using the PSP section between Maddington and Kenwick. Motorbikes Minibikes mopeds etc
so yeh you may want to be careful if using this section too - sometimes I have seen them at night with no lights etc nevermind the rest of the ferals out there.
Malvern Star Oppy A4 Operator

crazycanuck

Postby crazycanuck » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:12 pm

Hmm, perhaps the silly peoples that live near me & zooooom on the Roe hwy path found some brain cells :shock: They made it out of the suburb... :roll: :shock: :?

The police know about the anti social behaviour and have sent a letter to residents requesting people dob all the idiots in :D

dandyandy08

Postby dandyandy08 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi all,

I had my undies filled near East Perth train station by a clown on a moped after a midnight finish at work. My first thought was where did he get that set of headlights. Very effective.

I reported to the police but I didn't have any details to give them due to burnt retinas.

Dan

stealthbike

Postby stealthbike » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:05 pm

The bike that was on the PSP in Como was a full size trail bike. At least 250cc. Very scary.
2010 Specialized Roubaix Elite - Black
"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results" - Winston Churchill

JBark

Postby JBark » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:02 pm

I'm starting to get pretty sick of these guys, especially since at least two of them live in South Lake, and I'm always having to deal with them around Bolderwood Reserve. I'm pretty sure one of them lives within a block of my house, but I haven't found out exactly where yet. I just received a couple of those nifty #3 keyfob cameras, so hopefully I'll get them on video here soon.

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:49 pm

I came across a Golf Buggy coming out of the Roe H'way / Karel Ave off Ramp underpass one afternoon recently, presumably nipping home from the Melville Glades course. He was wiiiiide (him and his vehicle) across the line coming through that blind corner. Had I been about 5 seconds sooner I would've come across him as I went through myself. No noisy petrol engine to foreworn of that polo shirted warrior. :?
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

cray-

Postby cray- » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Last night at around 17:15 I came across another motorbike on the PSP near the Row Hwy bend. Not a trail bike or a scooter, a big Japanese street bike! It was red, at least 250cc if not bigger, quite modern & expensive looking, can't tell you much more.

The guy was stationary at the time, had his helmet on with the visor up. I rode past and sort of made eye contact, I had my glasses on but I looked in his direction, maybe he was lost or needed help. He just stared back with a furrowed brow so I put my head down and kept pedalling, didn't want to incite a situation. I turned around and tried to memorise his number plate with a quick glance, pretty sure it was: [1CH 928]

Looking on the WA Police website now to see if there is an easy way to report it. Be careful out there people.

pickle

Postby pickle » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Driving home last night, I saw a scooter crossing the narrows on the eastern bike path. Seen a lot of scooters on bike paths in that area, specially up and over the narrows.
Data not found... brain not found more like it

wagr1213

Postby wagr1213 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:20 pm

And just to show the snobby areas are just as bad - Whilst at work today I saw a licensed scooter on the PSP between Loch street and Showgrounds station this afternoon.

And while out on the Midland line - a minimotorbike at Tonkin Hwy on the PSP between Katanning St xing and Bayswater Station.

Take care peoples
Malvern Star Oppy A4 Operator

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:45 pm

Hi

Not Kwinana PSP, but the Northern (Mitchell) PSP's turn this time.

I first noticed this 4 wheeler on a side path at Ocean Reef Road. He subsequently rode south on the northern principal shared path exiting on to Camarino Drive, Woodvale where he passed me. He re-appeared on the footpath further down the road.

Andrew

jet-ski

Postby jet-ski » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:54 pm

there's oil stains on the Midland PSP near Maylands station, but I think they are from motorised BSOs - there were two boys riding MoBSOs regularly on that PSP and haven't seen them reappear since those oil stains were left there.

or maybe they got their driver's licenses back :O :twisted:
Bike Friday New World Tourist, Schwinn Le Tour Sport, Giant TCR, Giant STP2, 9:zero:7 fattie

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:32 pm

Hi

Recieved this in my email recently from the Town of Kwinana and thought it might be of interest given the issues with motorbikes and shared paths etc.

The Town of Kwinana is sending a strong message of zero tolerance to those who ride off road vehicles (unregistered trail bikes for example) illegally throughout the Kwinana community.

In the past three months alone, Town Rangers have attended over 90 illegal trail bike matters. In that time 12 infringements have been issued and 12 trail bikes impounded, the last of which was less than three days ago.

The most effective method of dealing with offenders is to locate their home residence, this allows for an accurate identification and follow-up investigation.

How can residents help?

Any information regarding a description of the vehicle and the home residence of the offenders can help Rangers and Police identify and prosecute these people who otherwise remain anonymous.

The Town offers a $500 reward initiative for information resulting in a successful prosecution in court. The more information we receive from concerned residents the more likely we are to be successful in locating and prosecuting offenders.

Anyone with information can contact the Town of Kwinana Rangers on 08 9439 0200.

Penalties

Modified penalties of a minimum of $50 per offence can be issued by Town of Kwinana Rangers. When combined, this can result in an on the spot penalty of more than $250, the off road vehicle may also be impounded.

Under the Control of Vehicle (Off-Road) Act 1978, Rangers also have the authority to prosecute offenders through court action, in which case heftier penalties and court costs may be incurred as well.

Offenders may also face prosecution by WA Police under the Road Traffic Act in which much larger penalties may be incurred as well as a criminal conviction being recorded.

Regards
Andrew

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:40 pm

Those knob jockeys are probably the ones who spray crap all over the cycle path which runs up Thomas Road.
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:43 pm

I passed three young guys in their late teens scratching their heads standing around a dirt bike between Willeri & South St. On the Roe H'way Path yesterday. Funny thing was their tyre valve had blown and was pithing out sealant everywhere. They half seriously asked me if I had a spare cap..... I probably did, but only in Presta ;)

Couldn't but help stifle a smile.
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

giwi2

Postby giwi2 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:57 pm

MarkG wrote:Those knob jockeys are probably the ones who spray crap all over the cycle path which runs up Thomas Road.
yep they sure are. watched one trail bike coming towards us on the path south of Thomas Road deliberatly fish tailing into the dirt on the side of the path and spraying dirt out onto the path. Which myself and my fellow rider then proceeded to ride through, rocks and all.

:x :x :x
2009 Scott Sportster
2009 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Clubagreenie

Postby Clubagreenie » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:37 pm

giwi2 wrote:
MarkG wrote:Those knob jockeys are probably the ones who spray crap all over the cycle path which runs up Thomas Road.
yep they sure are. watched one trail bike coming towards us on the path south of Thomas Road deliberatly fish tailing into the dirt on the side of the path and spraying dirt out onto the path. Which myself and my fellow rider then proceeded to ride through, rocks and all.

:x :x :x
Pity you can't catch them up , throw a couple of those rocks at them ...
Riding from Wellard up to Applecross Sun morning was bad enough with the mess .

Oh well hoping its clear tomorrow morning all the way to Perth
"My father touched me like that once. To this day, he still has to wear orthopedic shirts."

At the end of the day , it is the Indian , not the arrow .. so ride what you want

Shrek

Postby Shrek » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:57 pm

I saw one on the Roe Hwy PSP this arvo heading east near the Kenwick Link Just after 3pm. I was a passenger in a car on the Roe Hwy travelling at about 100kmh we managed to keep up with the motorcycle and snap a photo on my phone cam. The rider then realised that I was trying to get some photos and accelerated away at probably about 120kmh :shock: :shock: :shock: . As I say I have a photo though not a very good one if some one can explian how I post it I will do so.

Shrek

Postby Shrek » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:03 pm

I spotted this one yesterday arvo on the Roe Hwy PSP travelling at about 100kmh. :shock:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1086360588 ... directlink

hiflange

Postby hiflange » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:17 pm

Yesterday while doing the Audax Peel around Peel I saw 8 unlicensed trail bikes and one licensed scooter on the PSP all within a few k's of Thomas Road. I photographed a group of 4 who were stopped doing some repair and was assaulted for my trouble, made to delete the photo and given a lecture on "respect" of all things.

Reported it to the police, but by the time they got down there half an hour later the offenders had left. Sounds like the police are kept pretty busy on a Saturday evening in Kwinana as it is. They did also mention that they have had other formal reports of cyclists being assaulted.

The PSP is seen as a legitimate road by all these clowns and it's misuse is definitely on the rise. It seems to me that it's only a matter of time before someone is injured or killed. For the cops I think there's a bit of out of sight out of mind at present.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:35 pm

RobertFrith wrote:Yesterday while doing the Audax Peel around Peel I saw 8 unlicensed trail bikes and one licensed scooter on the PSP all within a few k's of Thomas Road. I photographed a group of 4 who were stopped doing some repair and was assaulted for my trouble, made to delete the photo and given a lecture on "respect" of all things.
"Respect" - yeah, right. That has to be earned... they sound like a bunch of housing commission wasters.

There may be a chance you can recover the photo. Would be worth finding out if it's the case for flash memory, but on the old FDDs and still on hard disks, deleting the file only removes/disables the directory listing by changing it slightly, the file is still there and can be "undeleted" if no further operations have overwritten the data. Flash memory may operate the same way. Perhaps someone can enlighten?

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:59 pm

RobertFrith wrote:Yesterday while doing the Audax Peel around Peel I saw 8 unlicensed trail bikes and one licensed scooter on the PSP all within a few k's of Thomas Road. I photographed a group of 4 who were stopped doing some repair and was assaulted for my trouble, made to delete the photo and given a lecture on "respect" of all things.
Crikey Rob. Hope you are okay. I saw a couple but had no trouble worth talking about.

Andrew

A_P

Postby A_P » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:00 pm

very easy to recover "deleted" images.
Free software for this can be found on the internet if you don't already have.
Try Download.com
AP

hiflange

Postby hiflange » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:34 pm

A_P wrote:very easy to recover "deleted" images.
As a photographer I've had occasion to recover images :oops: and it is usually pretty simple, not so easy from an iPhone though. All the same I won't sync it or take any more pics til I've had a chat to Apple tomorrow
Aushiker wrote:Crikey Rob. Hope you are okay. I saw a couple but had no trouble worth talking about.
I'm fine, minor abrasion to my elbow. Plenty of people will tell me that I had this coming but I subscribe to the "bad things happen when good people do nothing" adage! Three more cyclists came past while the thugs were holding my phone to ransom, I asked the first to stop and wait with me as a witness which he did.