Perth Stadium bicycle travel zone

Aushiker

Perth Stadium bicycle travel zone

Postby Aushiker » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:59 am

I think that this was is an interest blog post looking at Perth Stadium and how it might interact with bicycle travel. Worth a read in my view.

Andrew

Scott_C

Re: Perth Stadium bicycle travel zone

Postby Scott_C » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:33 pm

Resurrecting this thread to mention that amongst the stadium announcements today it was stated that:
There will be over 1000 TV screens, 600 bike racks, two giant screens, 70 food and beverage outlets as well as 1500 toilets.
From PerthNow.

It's not great but at 1% mode share for a 60,000 seat stadium it is at least a start. It remains to be seen how far from the bike racks the shared paths end though. I would not be surprised to find that there is no legal way to ride up to the racks if they are located close to the stadium.

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:31 pm

Perhaps they can move a few over to Perth Arena. I have not yet been able to find a bike rack. They should certainly not be difficult to find but I haven't seen an y signs or directions. With the massive outside space, it should be fairly easy to park a bike at street level, at least when it is not congested with large events.

But, the governement has assured us in the past, the whole workld is beating a path to it to see the latest and greatest in such facilities.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

dampier

Postby dampier » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:05 pm

there are bike racks on the north eastern corner of the perth arena.

nachoman

Postby nachoman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:25 pm

There is now a fact sheet and map on the Perth Stadium website. It shows where the bike racks are and where cyclists are "encouraged to dismount"

http://www.perthstadium.com.au/news-and ... fact-sheet

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:28 pm

nachoman wrote:There is now a fact sheet and map on the Perth Stadium website. It shows where the bike racks are and where cyclists are "encouraged to dismount"

http://www.perthstadium.com.au/news-and ... fact-sheet
Thanks for sharing the link.