Visiting Perth - City to Midland route?

swordfish

Re: Visiting Perth - City to Midland route?

Postby swordfish » Mon May 08, 2017 9:39 am

Is this bike path route now fully operational ?

wellington_street

Postby wellington_street » Mon May 08, 2017 1:54 pm

swordfish wrote:Is this bike path route now fully operational ?
Yes - there are a couple of short on-road sections but these are well signed so you shouldn't have any problem.
The path ends at Morrison Rd so from there to your destination in Midland you're on your own.

swordfish

Postby swordfish » Wed May 10, 2017 10:49 am

thanks for the helpful post.....I was remiss in that after I posted this I located an article that confirmed that the network is basically fully commutable [?]
I'll have to do a test run one weekend soon

wellington_street

Postby wellington_street » Mon May 29, 2017 2:22 pm

I may have spoken too soon - there is now a gap in the path between Guildford Bridge and the train station where it is being reconstructed. Not sure how you're supposed to cross to the other side of Guildford Rd when approaching from Perth

NASHIE

Postby NASHIE » Mon May 29, 2017 3:18 pm

wellington_street wrote:I may have spoken too soon - there is now a gap in the path between Guildford Bridge and the train station where it is being reconstructed. Not sure how you're supposed to cross to the other side of Guildford Rd when approaching from Perth
Take the left turn which is about 30m-40m before you hit Guildford bridge this takes you under Guildford Rd and up onto the southern path over the bridge

wellington_street

Postby wellington_street » Mon May 29, 2017 5:27 pm

NASHIE wrote:
wellington_street wrote:I may have spoken too soon - there is now a gap in the path between Guildford Bridge and the train station where it is being reconstructed. Not sure how you're supposed to cross to the other side of Guildford Rd when approaching from Perth
Take the left turn which is about 30m-40m before you hit Guildford bridge this takes you under Guildford Rd and up onto the southern path over the bridge
Ahh thanks Nashie - this would be evident on the bike but not from my car :)

NASHIE

Postby NASHIE » Mon May 29, 2017 10:19 pm

wellington_street wrote:
NASHIE wrote:
Ahh thanks Nashie - this would be evident on the bike but not from my car :)
:wink: .......Sounds like the issue is crossing back to the northern side of Guildford Rd on the Eastern side. Son rides this route to school and some mornings they have traffic management to cross Guildford road near the train station, otherwise you have to dodge traffic or keep on the footpath and cross at the Guildford Rd/GHWY intersection.