Widening of cycle way increases traffic congestion - Perth

Red Rider

Re: Widening of cycle way increases traffic congestion - Perth

Postby Red Rider » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:21 pm

The path is now open to ride. There aren't any line markings yet.

nachoman

Postby nachoman » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:35 pm

wellington_street wrote: I think motorists will be in for a shock once cyclists starting using that crossing across Sutherland Street.
Noticed there are no bicycle lanterns at Sutherland St yet, making it technically illegal to ride across.

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:21 pm

nachoman wrote:
wellington_street wrote: I think motorists will be in for a shock once cyclists starting using that crossing across Sutherland Street.
Noticed there are no bicycle lanterns at Sutherland St yet, making it technically illegal to ride across.
As well as "end of shared path" signs installed under the bridge and the exit to the train station.

wellington_street

Postby wellington_street » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:03 pm

rolandp wrote:
nachoman wrote:
As well as "end of shared path" signs installed under the bridge and the exit to the train station.
Thankfully "end of shared path" signs no longer require us to dismount - they are essentially meaningless

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:26 am

BWA via facebook posted the above image and indicated
"Yay! The Roe Street shared path between Milligan and Sutherland Streets is now open. So much nicer than battling it out with the vehicles on the road. City of Perth"

Unbelievable

BrianDamage

Postby BrianDamage » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:50 pm

On the new path this morning, this road sign alerting drivers to the zebra crossing further up Roe St:

I don't understand why the sign was placed on the PSP, when the island in the middle of the road would have been just as obvious, accommodating and far less dangerous to cyclists and peds.

It's a whole other discussion as to why drivers need alerting to a crossing that has been there for months (years?) and is the sort of thing they should be looking out for in general anyway...

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:04 pm

Seriously, find out who is responsible for the road and put in a report. You can call the council and if they have a contractor, they should let you know. It needs to get through to the staff who are transporting and setting up the mobile signage.
Cycling is in my BNA