Telford Cres, Stirling

citywomble

Re: Telford Cres, Stirling

Postby citywomble » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:02 pm

Hi Andrew,
I am sorry but I don't understand what that has to do with my question about signage versus road markings.
Quite a lot really, because, on a path the use of road markings is explicit as a legal method of signing a bike path where it is only implicit, unless the rather convoluted confirmation in the definitions is found, on bike lanes.
It is this I have an issue with as you appear to changing the wording of the regulations. Wording is very important. The Regulations actually define a "bicycle lane sign", they define a "bicycle path road marking", they define a "road marking", they define a "road sign"
No so, I do not seek to change the wording of regulations, and wording is very important.

On the carriageway the legal method of signing a Bike Lane does not, explicitly, include road markings and requires there to be a bicycle lane sign. However, the very definition of a sign (as you kindly provided) includes "road marking" which means that the correct sign symbols, marked on the road, would constitute a lawful sign.

As you pointed out the NTC seeks to confirm this.
This then begs the question: why propose an amendment to the regulation if it already covers road marking?
You need to understand the role of the NTC as seeking modifications to the (uniform) Australian Road Rules. These have no legal standing until adopted by the individual states under their rules or codes. In WA this is the RTC 2000 which is (albeit hard to follow) in line with the NTC proposals. But, not all states are, which I suggest is the answer to the "begged question".

As you said "wording is very important" which is why very careful reading is required to properly interpret, not change, the wording:
A bike sign requires to be signed > the definition of a sign includes a road marking > the symbols on a sign marked on a road constitute a lawful sign.

Note, the requirement to be signed does not in words include a road marking. It does not need to because road markings are, by definition, a lawful form of sign (at least in the WA regulations).

Regards

rolandp

Re: Telford Cres, Stirling

Postby rolandp » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:58 am

They are back - same house being built:
Image Image

My correspondence with the City of Stirling and this exact location dates back to 24-Oct-2013 when I reported illegally parked cars and building material/sand on the path/cycle way. 9 months later, house still being built, and their illegal practices continue.