Missed Connections

Calvin27

Re: Missed Connections

Postby Calvin27 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:44 am

We should have BNA stickers with customised avatars/names!
Heavy road bike
Cushy dirt bike
Very cushy dirt bike
Bike crushed by car (RIP)
No brakes bike
Ebike

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:01 pm

cray- wrote:is there a proper name for that really common '80s paint pattern where they fade from one color ro another and add crisscross stripes?
"retinato" apparently, if you ask Fyxomatosis
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

cray-

Postby cray- » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:53 pm

HappyHumber wrote:"retinato" apparently, if you ask Fyxomatosis
Ah, very nice, I knew there had to be a better name than criss cross fade. Cheers!

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Calvin27 wrote:We should have BNA stickers with customised avatars/names!
Not for me. My advantage is that I am easily spotted and my name and forum-handle are fairly well known.

My DIS-advantage is that if you do shout out "good morning Colin", I have no idea if I should feel bad about not recognising you. :( Apologies to many.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:30 am

said gday and complimented a gentlemen with an awesome rainbow jacket yesterday arvo, about 430 turning onto the grand prom from alexander drive.

think he was riding a steel bike, was too busy admiring his jacket too grab much more details.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:18 am

Aj_clark wrote:
jaseyjase wrote:
I ride down mirabooka to wanneroo (nullamara) from Hepburn Ave a few days a week (from Landsdale to Osborne park).

I'm on a white giant, what do you ride? I don't often see many other commuters on the way to work, but I've had a couple of great rides home that way with a guy on a black roadie (I'm sure that narrows it down... But he did give me a compliment after a particularly hard ride, so if you're on here, thanks!).
Aj, was that you i saw this morning??

about 6.30, at the mirrabooka/reid hwy lights? White defy with red/black jacket? we said gday and you asked if i had far to go? I was on the black roadie SS, rapha kit/PI arm warmers/White shoes/brown crumpler messeneger bag. We then parted ways at when i went down flinders

If so, sorry i couldnt have chat, timing of the lights and traffic meant riding two abreast wouldnt be the best of ideas i think!

Aj_clark

Missed Connections

Postby Aj_clark » Thu May 01, 2014 1:04 am

jaseyjase wrote:
Aj_clark wrote:
jaseyjase wrote:
I ride down mirabooka to wanneroo (nullamara) from Hepburn Ave a few days a week (from Landsdale to Osborne park).

I'm on a white giant, what do you ride? I don't often see many other commuters on the way to work, but I've had a couple of great rides home that way with a guy on a black roadie (I'm sure that narrows it down... But he did give me a compliment after a particularly hard ride, so if you're on here, thanks!).
Aj, was that you i saw this morning??

about 6.30, at the mirrabooka/reid hwy lights? White defy with red/black jacket? we said gday and you asked if i had far to go? I was on the black roadie SS, rapha kit/PI arm warmers/White shoes/brown crumpler messeneger bag. We then parted ways at when i went down flinders

If so, sorry i couldnt have chat, timing of the lights and traffic meant riding two abreast wouldnt be the best of ideas i think!
Yep that was me! Where do you join mirabooka ave in the mornings? I jump on from Hepburn.

I saw someone crossing from the west side of mirabooka to the east side up near Hepburn, but I thought it was someone on a flat bar bike, but having said that it was dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Thu May 01, 2014 1:23 am

--

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Thu May 01, 2014 1:50 am

Aj_clark wrote:
Yep that was me! Where do you join mirabooka ave in the mornings? I jump on from Hepburn.

I saw someone crossing from the west side of mirabooka to the east side up near Hepburn, but I thought it was someone on a flat bar bike, but having said that it was dark.
hey hey! first official connection from two unknown BNAers!

Yeh that was me crossing near hepburn, thats actually my street :D

You held a decent speed so couldnt catch up till we hit some lights, i was waiting for you to over take me when we hit that little uphill after passing maccas :mrgreen:

aww HH, missing out on the action :wink:

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Thu May 01, 2014 12:41 pm

jaseyjase wrote:aww HH, missing out on the action :wink:
I'm not complaining... just stirring, as usual.
I'm deliberately low key ;)
--

cray-

Postby cray- » Thu May 01, 2014 1:52 pm

Gotta admit, I laughed pretty hard at that Tyson pic, well played. #sorrynotsorry

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Thu May 01, 2014 11:33 pm

Anyone here on a 'dale compliment me on mine around Burswood this afternoon? I was on my caadx having a cruisey afternoon homeward commute.

I'm secretly hoping it was no one here...my kit didn't match my bike today!! :oops:

IncognitoMosquito

Postby IncognitoMosquito » Fri May 02, 2014 10:16 am

ColinOldnCranky wrote:My DIS-advantage is that if you do shout out "good morning Colin", I have no idea if I should feel bad about not recognising you. :( Apologies to many.
Gave you a wave and "Good morning Colin!" this morning as I headed south near the old Pagoda in South Perth. We have met and chatted about 18 months ago on the train heading to Mandurah.

jeffh

Postby jeffh » Fri May 02, 2014 10:59 am

And Colin ... I said hello to you on the short spur up towards Narrows Bridge.

Jeff :)

flashpixx

Postby flashpixx » Mon May 05, 2014 9:55 am

to the couple who guided me along Tydeman, across the bridge and onto the cycle path at Freo yesterday morning, thanks.
Gordon

Riding: Trek Domane SLR 7

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Sun May 11, 2014 1:28 pm

Anybody on a black/green avanti with a grey jersey this morning? we took turns towing between scarbs and hillarys, i was the bmc rider, If your on here, cheers!

cray-

Postby cray- » Tue May 13, 2014 1:16 pm

Introduced myself as another faceless BNAer to Colin yesterday while he was stopped on Hay St. Real name is Michael btw, g'day again.

dino1969

Postby dino1969 » Tue May 13, 2014 7:31 pm

S.O.R

a shout out to the rider on the fire engine red [looked beautifully restored] "classic" roadie with levers on the downtube and what looked to be a black Brooks saddle; you were wearing black shorts, black shirt and blue helmet...you pushed me well on my last few km commute home on Sunday arvo around 4p.m from just about the Roe hwy interchange to my turn off at Success 8) if you are here give us a reply and THANKS for the company! :D
"To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first." - William Shakespeare

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:27 pm

So in Bicton exiting Angove Lane coming into Jerrat drive I spot a fellow member wearing a BNA jersey. Yell out BNA and he continues on his merry way. I was kitted out in my Audax LS jersey with dynamo light running.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:13 pm

Baalzamon wrote:So in Bicton exiting Angove Lane coming into Jerrat drive I spot a fellow member wearing a BNA jersey. Yell out BNA and he continues on his merry way. I was kitted out in my Audax LS jersey with dynamo light running.
Maybe he knew who you were!! :wink: :D

Z350

Postby Z350 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:02 pm

Sunday morning 15th of June around 830am on Russell rd heading towards the freeway psp from rockingham rd I was joined by a rider who is heading to the world masters in Europe.
Had and strongish accent ( German I think )
Thanks for the company and chat hope you do well in your event.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:40 pm

ran into two fellas this morning , one in a red gillet, the other yellow

about 5.45am on alexander drive as we were all heading into the city.

roller

Postby roller » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:06 pm

to the chap with a specialized roubaix who crashed into the orange plastic thingys at the bell tower this morning, hope you pulled up ok and didn't do any long term damage.

:? < - - best emoticon i could find for this post.
inflammatory statement or idea

Dirty32

Postby Dirty32 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:11 pm

Iv been seeing the same couple of cyclists from time to time, on my way in from Dianella.

An older gent with an Avanti Roadie. Wears a fluro yellow jacket and some Blue DHB knicks (either longs or with warmers on underneath). Comes up Walter Rd & North St.

Also see a younger guy - Mid to late 20's I guess. Rides a nice Colnago and was wearing a 'Brooklyn' cycling cap under his helmet. Not a bad rider... certainly moves along quick enough.

Anyone from here?

AdsPear

Postby AdsPear » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:22 pm

Had a really nice ride this morning. Followed 2 guys from south st to south perth. One had a over 55s jersey on. If it was you, thanks for the tow and the chat at the end.!