Perth Madora Bay route advice

matthecat

Perth Madora Bay route advice

Postby matthecat » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:11 pm

Hi all,
Need to ride down to Madora Bay to join my family for Easter.
Looks like I need to get off the freeway PSP at Paganoni Rd as the railway line gets in the way but would prefer to minimise time on Mandurah Rd given the Easter traffic (makes people crazy) .
Can anyone tell me if there are any roads that cross the railway further down or if there's anything on the coastal side of Mandurah Rd that would get me to Madora Bay.
Cheers

wellington_street

Re: Perth Madora Bay route advice

Postby wellington_street » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:31 pm

Hi matthecat, try this; http://goo.gl/maps/1WPRU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The track that Google Maps shows along the beach between Singleton and Madora Bay is just the beach, there's no path, but there is a handy shared path alongside Mandurah Road from Jade Court southward. If you are comfortable riding Mandurah Road for 2km or so you can cut out the detour through Singleton as well.

matthecat

Postby matthecat » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:42 pm

Cheers wellington_street.
That looks much more preferable than taking onb Mandurah Road on Easter Thursday! Will probably chicken out and go through Singleton as well - should be able to get across road to turn right with the help of the lights on Paganoni Rd.

wellington_street

Postby wellington_street » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:03 pm

Enjoy the climb into Singleton :)