Cycle Box - cycling vendoring machine

ozplanit

Re: Cycle Box - cycling vendoring machine

Postby ozplanit » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi Roland et al,
Thank you for the positive words regarding my machine. Being mindful of forum rules with what I say here, I apologise for my slow online setup but am very happy to take comments, queries or requests via our site which is now online. (Or phone)
I hope I have not over stepped here moderator?
Regards
Dean

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

cray-

Postby cray- » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:36 pm

Website is only showing the Wesfarmers House box for me, is that correct?

http://www.cyclebox.com.au/wesfarmers-house/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:39 pm

rolandp wrote:If you are based in Perth, and need spare tube, gas canisters, bike lock, even lights, etc then this is located at 40 The Esplanade, entrance from the lower public car park.
Word on the street is that the company is investigating locating a machine at 140 William in the secured area. I think it is a good idea but I'm not sure if I would use it. I would be most likely to buy a tube if I needed one. But I have been cycle commuting for over 5 years and have had exactly one flat when riding to work during that time. Oh, another possiblity is AA batteries when my rear light goes flat. But I could just get them at a local super, so not sure if that is much use either.
<removed by request>

Lizzy

Postby Lizzy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:47 am

I asked our facilities peeps for one the other day, looks worth a try.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
“Lexa”: 2012 Trek Lexa S; "Hannelore": 2019 Kalkhoff, "Teal Cecile" Reid traino shuttle

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:59 pm

casual_cyclist wrote: ...But I have been cycle commuting for over 5 years and have had exactly one flat when riding to work during that time...
I average a flat per month, and at least carry 1 spare tube. I general buy in bulk on line. I dream of only having 1 flat in 5 years of commuting. Maybe it is the Mitchell Fway PSP and the number of cracks etc which cause my flats.

I still haven't used the vending machine, but walk past each day admiring it.

macca33

Postby macca33 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:56 am

They are a good idea. First one I saw was at Cafe Racer prior to thir recent re-launch and it looked to have been stocked with quality items at very reasonable prices.
CAAD10 Berzerker & Focus Mares & Ridley Noah SL

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:32 pm

This has been installed:
indicating the machine was broken into over the week-end and had to be taken away for repairs.

Not too sure when this exactly happened, as we have two locations where we can park bikes, and I was using the bike pump that I arranged to be installed in the bike cage, following yet another flat, and went to purchase a spare tube - and the machine was not there.