Tour de Pinjarra

Big Andy

Tour de Pinjarra

Postby Big Andy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:30 am

Apologies if this has already been mentioned by someone else, but I have only just joined and not yet had a good look.

The Mandurah Mail facebook page have a story about the TDPinny returning after a 4yr absence. Races are 75km 45 km and 30 km for riders of all different abilities. ( Although I'm not sure they will cater for my ability :-) )

You can race individually or in teams of four to nine or the organisers can place you into a team. The date for the race is Sun July 27th starting at 9am, closing date for registration is Jul 22nd. To register go to cyclosportif.org.au

I have to do some serious arm twisting to get out of work that day, hopefully I can though and join in what should be a great day.

Once again, apologies if I am treading on someones toes by reposting.

flashpixx

Re: Tour de Pinjarra

Postby flashpixx » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:46 pm

Is this what you speak of:

http://www.bwa.org.au/events/726/

If so it isn't a race, and advertised as such by the organisers. Should be fun tho, I'm in for my first BWA event - darn steep hills down Dwellingup way!!
Gordon

Riding: Trek Domane SLR 7

nickobec

Re: Tour de Pinjarra

Postby nickobec » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:42 pm

The event you are talking about is a sportif and is not a race, it is very similar to a team time trial.

This event replaces the Waroona to Dwellingup and return sportif, which was run the last two years at least (I marshalled the last two)

If you really want to race from Pinjarra to Dwellingup (and it is not a pleasant climb) then to North Dandalup, before returning to Pinjarra the flat way. Then the Pinjarra Classic is for you, though I would not recommend it as your first road race, it is hard.

There is also a handicap race from Dwellingup to Pinjarra and return, a little later in the calendar. You can find out more out at http://pdcc.asn.au which has a few flatter races too.

You don't need to be young, fit or a great cyclist to race. Just a bike, a licence and a desire to compete.

Last Saturday's E grade race was won by a 76 year old, beating a rider only a few years younger.