Bike path Lake/Roe St to Perth Arena lack of signs

twowheels

Bike path Lake/Roe St to Perth Arena lack of signs

Postby twowheels » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:34 pm

There are not signs at either end of the Bike path Lake/Roe St to Perth Arena ie saying path available for bikes and peds and destination. Could someone please post a link so I can request signage? thanks

rolandp

Re: Bike path Lake/Roe St to Perth Arena lack of signs

Postby rolandp » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:23 am

Try this one:
When is a path a shared path?

It has links to the WA Road Traffic Code etc.

Good luck at attempting to get signs installed. But as indicated in the above post "When is a path a shared path" I estimated that:
13Km walk and a 9km ride now when riding North
for my commute each day due to the lack of signage back in 2009. Sadly, this hasn't changed, but shouldn't stop from trying again.

The challenge with reporting the obvious, is what happens with the obvious. For example, I reported cars illegally parking at this location, jutting onto the shared path (assuming everyone is OK with me calling it a shared path as there may not be signs installed):
Image Image
I reported this to the City of Perth, but unclear if they did the work, but wooden bollards installed hard against the shared path which is potentially more of a hazard, and a 60kph sign at the shared path crossing. I should have not bothered:

TFairclough

Postby TFairclough » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:41 am

I find when your in the cbd area its but best to sit on the road with the road works until your out of it then you can head back to the paths.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:16 pm

twowheels wrote:There are not signs at either end of the Bike path Lake/Roe St to Perth Arena ie saying path available for bikes and peds and destination. Could someone please post a link so I can request signage? thanks
Roland's experiences not withstanding there are numerous reporting options which I have listed here. All the best with this.

Andrew

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:56 pm

Cool thanks. I had later found the first one, Department of Transport Hazard Report Form, and sent off to them, described as an "other" hazard, which the lack of signage created. I had also sent off info to Bicycle Transport Alliance.
Strange thing is I had used the path some time back but again missed the Roe Street entry. So assuming it was closed I went to a detour sort of under the Horseshoe Bridge, crossed William St/Wellington St intersection, then back across Wellington Street at Perth Arena. An unnecessary hazardous detour with children. Here I checked & found the west entry of path open where it was the last time I used it. On return journey used the path.
Unfortunately generally signage seems to be installed with people familiar with an area in mind. Given the precinct Northbridge/CBD/Perth Arena it would seem obvious that many who use the area are not familiar, particularly with frequent changes due to construction of various projects.