Bike shops in WA negative/positive experiences

Z350

Re: Bike shops in WA negative/positive experiences

Postby Z350 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:58 am

Would also recommend Garland Cycles south Perth.
They have great customer service and will do as much as they can to help you.
I bought my first road bike from them and because of their great service they have sold another three bikes to friends and family of mine.
Very true with the saying " you can make a sale or you can make a customer "
A couple of weeks ago riding to my sisters house in Morley from byford , a girl on the psp was riding on the wrong side of the path and consequently we had a head on ( at very low speed I was stopped because I could see her coming but she still rode straight into me go figure )
She hit the deck but was ok and after a quick check of my bike I rode off.
Next thing I know gears are not shifting on either derailleur.
I popped past garlands on the way ( it was a sunday morning )
Within 10 mins im out riding again with a bike shfting perfectly.
No charge as the know I bought my bike from them.
I live in byford and will happily drive / ride to south perth just for the service and professionalism.

SNAKE ®

Postby SNAKE ® » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:43 pm

Another positive shout to Elite in Northbridge. I dropped off my new Cannondale Mtb for a tune up as the brakes were messed up and there was a lot of knocking on the front. Sure I could have spent some time myself fixing it but I wanted to leave that to the experts. Same day service and a run thru of what they did was much appreciated.
2011 CANNONDALE SUPERSIX SUPER RECORD TEAM LIQUIGAS
2013 CANNONDALE SLICE RS BLACK Inc
2013 CANNONDALE SCALPEL 29ER CARBON 1

Rex

Postby Rex » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:42 pm

For somewhere further south, I'll give props to Georges Bike Shop in Willetton.
They've had to do some custom repairs for me and done a whole pile of other work and I've been impressed with the quality of service and much more reasonable charges for mechanic duties.

dmwill

Postby dmwill » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:32 am

Rex wrote:For somewhere further south, I'll give props to Georges Bike Shop in Willetton.
First MTB I got about 10 years ago from there, filling out the paperwork and sorting out a time/date to collect the bike, gave the guy my address to which he said he would save me another drive all they way from Kingsley and he would drop it off to me instead (guess it helped that he lived in the adjacent suburb).

softy

Postby softy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:15 pm

SNAKE ® wrote:Another positive shout to Elite in Northbridge. I dropped off my new Cannondale Mtb for a tune up as the brakes were messed up and there was a lot of knocking on the front. Sure I could have spent some time myself fixing it but I wanted to leave that to the experts. Same day service and a run thru of what they did was much appreciated.
I have to agree. I do tinker a little myself with the bike, but what I am looking for is that extra know how and expertise when I have my bike serviced at a bike shop. You expect it to come out better than when it went in, like clockwork, expecially if the bike is many thousands worth of equipment.

I have had very different experiences from different shops, what I look for is bike mechanics that know what they are doing, not a trumped up backyard tinkerer like me (which I have experienced). I can tinker at home, if after having a service I can't jump on the bike and it is operating perfectly, i have to ask myself, what am I paying for?

amac38

Postby amac38 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:32 am

Extremely happy with Carine/Cottesloe Cycles. Top prices, great staff and very helpful. They stock a variety of top brands and most often have the best prices on bike exchange.

Cyclemania, very professional and quick to respond to emails etc.

TBE Belmont, top bunch of guys over there.

I frequent those 3 bike stores in Perth and they've got me covered for all my cycling needs.

Mediocratus

Postby Mediocratus » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:24 pm

Rex wrote:For somewhere further south, I'll give props to Georges Bike Shop in Willetton. .
+1