Parking across marked bike lanes

wellington_street

Re: Parking across marked bike lanes

Postby wellington_street » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:58 am

Red Rider wrote:I talked to a council's ranger services last week about a truck and car parked in a bike lane. They said that they couldn't do anything about it as it isn't against the law. But they said there are imminent changes to state law to rectify the situation.
Is it actually a bike lane?

Red Rider

Postby Red Rider » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:56 pm

wellington_street wrote:
Red Rider wrote:I talked to a council's ranger services last week about a truck and car parked in a bike lane. They said that they couldn't do anything about it as it isn't against the law. But they said there are imminent changes to state law to rectify the situation.
Having a look this evening, I don't think so technically speaking. It doesn't have the correct signage at the start an end. It looks like a duck, it quacks like a duck, but it's actually a cormorant.

wellington_street

Postby wellington_street » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:03 am

Red Rider wrote:
wellington_street wrote:
Having a look this evening, I don't think so technically speaking. It doesn't have the correct signage at the start an end. It looks like a duck, it quacks like a duck, but it's actually a cormorant.
Thats usually the biggest hurdle. Which section is the problem?