WA police and nine news story

Aushiker

Re: WA police and nine news story

Postby Aushiker » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:41 pm

Karati wrote:Most of the time motorists infringements aren't so blatant as riding through a red light intentionally.
Actually it is and for the record there is research which shows that motorists actually run red lights more than cyclists ... plus of course the consequences of their actions can be far more devastating which probably explains why we have red light cameras.

Yet we do not see motorists jump on social media calling all motorists red light runners ....

Andrew
Last edited by Aushiker on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:52 pm

Karati wrote:
yugyug wrote:
SNAKE [REGISTERED SIGN] wrote:. We didn't appreciate it as it tarnishes the rest of us with the same brush.
Why? Do you feel tarnished as a motorist every time u see a driver speed or run a red?

The sooner motorists realise all cyclists aren't all the same the better. I actually think that's a big part of the difficulty.
I've had import cars and now bikes and as a minority road user you all get the same bad name regardless.

Most of the time motorists infringements aren't so blatant as riding through a red light intentionally. It's a stupid thing to do and it will only be a matter of time before someone in the CBD (where it seems to be worst) comes off second best and it will be only their own fault. I actually feel more sorry to the poor person that has to deal with knocking said idiot off.
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/sites/default ... dsf010.xls

In NSW in the last FY, 157,741 motorists were issued with red light camera infringements. That is quite a large number if they are not intentional, and that is only at the limited locations where there are cameras installed.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:59 pm

casual_cyclist wrote:Good story.
+1