More bike parking needed - Greenwood

cherrycam

More bike parking needed - Greenwood

Postby cherrycam » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:52 pm

Retrieving my bike this evening I noticed
And

I'm glad I wasn't the blue bike trying to get out!

Recently there has been more parking installed, and it is also well used

So, we haven't even had any consistent good weather yet, and you need to arrive early to be get a good park. This situation won't encourage others to replace the car with the bike. Is anyone aware of what plans are in place for bike parking at stations? Do we need to rattle a cage?

Mububban

Re: More bike parking needed - Greenwood

Postby Mububban » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:13 pm

As soon as I heard about the paid parking plan, my first thought was "Not enough bike parking spaces." I didn't expect them to be built but geez it would seem logical to have put the two things hand in hand.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

wellington_street

Postby wellington_street » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:20 pm

As far as I know, Jim Krynen is still the PTA's Cycling Integration Manager. It would be worth emailing those photos and your observations to him at jim[DOT]krynen@pta.wa.gov.au.

cherrycam

Postby cherrycam » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:51 am

So, I didn't even get around to sending that email, and here it is 3 months later and it seems completed. I have a few observations to note:
-----The shelter in the island has been doubled in size, but from my observation there is only four additional U to attach to, and yet there seems there would be room to put a whole extra row in (an additional five). Does anyone know why this is the case?
-----The other cage (nearer to the station) doesn't have U to attach to, but wheel guides. I am at a bit of a loss how these can be used effectively. How is a D-lock (as recommended as required locks) supposed to attach anything with this style. The bikes are also subject to more pushing and pulling and there is nothing really holding them up. Any comments?
-----The day the system changed over, I was locked, presumably because I had access to two stations previously, and only the one that I barely used was entered into the new system.