Inglewood to Mosman Park - route help

riverride

Inglewood to Mosman Park - route help

Postby riverride » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:51 am

I have just landed a new job and I'm strangely excited to be working further away from home, because I can cycle commute!

I often cycle out to Claremont or Cottesloe on weekends but I usually go straight at the Christchurch GS lights. I need to go to Mosman Park and was wondering for some suggestions on the best/quickest routes. I also was curious about how to deal with Stirling Highway. I'm not sure if it is entirely avoidable but I'd like to minimise my time on that stretch.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

hiflange

Re: Inglewood to Mosman Park - route help

Postby hiflange » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:25 am

If you don't want to ride the highway you can either;
• go up the footpath past Christchurch and MLC and then onto Corry Lynn Rd/Brae Rd/Cliff Way to Richardson Ave and Bindaring Pde, or;
• cross at the lights as you've been doing and follow the PSP to Grant St Station. Once there either ride Curtin Ave to Mosman Park, or;
• same as above but cross the railway at Grant St Station and follow the Railway St to Cott on the east side. Once there you'd have to ride up through Peppy Grove to avoid the highway though.
I'm jealous, assuming you work regular hours you'll have the wind on your side most days :D

riverride

Re: Inglewood to Mosman Park - route help

Postby riverride » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:41 pm

That's really helpful. Thanks for the suggestions. I Have a few months before I start so I'll do some trial rides. I think the first route is probably the best though. I'll be going normal hours so in glad the wind will work in my favour!