Cycle route from Aubin Grove to Mount Lawley

funkft

Cycle route from Aubin Grove to Mount Lawley

Postby funkft » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Hello - new to the site and relativlely new to cycling too.
I'm going to try to build up towards riding all the way to work. Aubin Grove - Mount Lawley. Would you know a decent route to use?
In the meantime i may ease myself in by cycling to cockburn station and using the bike sheds but i would like to complete the full route really

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

wellington_street

Re: Cycle route from Aubin Grove to Mount Lawley

Postby wellington_street » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:46 am

Not sure exactly where in Mt Lawley you are headed to but I would suggest riding up the PSP to the City, turn right when you hit the railway at Market St and follow the PSP around the Arena, over the railway and then along Roe St, turn north onto Stirling St and follow that as far as you need.

funkft

Postby funkft » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:11 pm

thanks for that. Hopefully i'll build up to being able to cover that distance. Although, its a mountain bike that ive got so it might be a hard slog!

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:22 pm

Depends were in Mount Lawley.

To the city is the easy bit, get on the PSP and stay on it. Once you get over the Narrows you need to make choices.

My pick would be take the bike path on the left descending the bridge, left again ride under the bridge and make your way to the round Elizabeth Quay construction, and make use of the shared path on the south side of the Esplanade to get to Barrack St.

Get on Barrack St and head north. OK this is the road section and at times a little challenging for those not use to city commuting, the traffic can be heavy but it is slow, and you can use the left hand "bus" lane from the Terrace to past Murray, there are bike symbols in that lane at intersections. At Roe St lights, take the PSP all the way to Mount Lawley Station.

If you want the more direct route into the centre of Mt Lawley and are happy in traffic, straight up Beaufort St.

I work in Northbridge just off Beaufort and that is the route I take, you can see the details here http://www.strava.com/activities/203890185