Dirty PSP near Warwick

worzel

Dirty PSP near Warwick

Postby worzel » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:53 am

I couldn't believe how much crap was on the path between Greenwood and Stirling this morning. The weekend storms certainly did some damage. At times I couldn't see the path at all and most of the way I had to carefully pick my way through a furrow.

CXCommuter

Re: Dirty PSP near Warwick

Postby CXCommuter » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:29 pm

It is particularly bad on the PSP north of Hutton Street- makes for good fun with the number of nuts secreted throughout the mess

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:40 am

Did you report them?

Link to MainRoads Report a Fault.

worzel

Postby worzel » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:26 am

I never thought of it as a "fault". It is one of those things that happens a few times every year then clears itself after a few days.

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:09 pm

rolandp wrote:Did you report them?

Link to MainRoads Report a Fault.
Done

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:39 am

And largely cleared

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:54 am

worzel wrote:I never thought of it as a "fault". It is one of those things that happens a few times every year then clears itself after a few days.
It would be the reporters who are informing MainRoads to clear these 'few times every year'. Personally I'm lodging requests on average one every two weeks.

As far as I am aware, MainRoads do not have the mechanism to regularly inspect PSP's, and at best, this is annual.

I have suggested to MainRoads that they may want to analysis these reports, for trends. For example, after each major rainfall there is always sand drifts onto the PSP at known locations (eg Scarborough Beach overpass, Powis St underpass, anywhere there is a rise in land and the PSP is at the lower point) which need to be cleared. This could be resolved by putting in curbing, or if there are no funds to put in the curbing, then send the crew out to these known locations, as a proactive measure. Response back was, 'thank you for your suggestion, please continue to report this items'.

worzel

Postby worzel » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:50 am

rolandp wrote:It would be the reporters who are informing MainRoads to clear these 'few times every year'. Personally I'm lodging requests on average one every two weeks.

As far as I am aware, MainRoads do not have the mechanism to regularly inspect PSP's, and at best, this is annual.

I have suggested to MainRoads that they may want to analysis these reports, for trends. For example, after each major rainfall there is always sand drifts onto the PSP at known locations (eg Scarborough Beach overpass, Powis St underpass, anywhere there is a rise in land and the PSP is at the lower point) which need to be cleared. This could be resolved by putting in curbing, or if there are no funds to put in the curbing, then send the crew out to these known locations, as a proactive measure. Response back was, 'thank you for your suggestion, please continue to report this items'.
Ok, thanks. I just assumed it blew away somewhere else.