Electric Recumbent Tricycle required

Jwp

Electric Recumbent Tricycle required

Postby Jwp » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi
Does anybody know how I can acquire an Electric Recumbent Tricycle. I have Parkinson's Disease and live in Perth WA. I know of a company in the eastern states called Flying Furniture who sell them but was hoping to find something a little closer to home. Possibly someone who is experienced in retro fitting Electric Pedal Assist systems to bikes/recumbent tricycles may be the answer.
I had an Electric bike for 2-3 years but eventually had to sell it as I was falling off regularly. My doctor has recommended a recumbent trike as I would be less likely to fall off.
Can anybody advise how I can get back on some wheels and be mobile again?
Cheers
John

just4tehhalibut

Re: Electric Recumbent Tricycle required for disabled Perth

Postby just4tehhalibut » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:48 pm

Flying Furniture is not an option, the business is in hiberation and the owner far far away, not likely to come back or answer emails any time soon.. Martin who used to run Logo Trikes in Spearwood has also ceased but he might do a retrofit if you have the trike and bits, you'd need to contact him to negotiate this before you start buying bits though. Otherwise try Aldo at Quantum Cycles, North Perth or try Greenspeed in VIC. You do see electric trikes on Gumnut and Ebay but Greenspeed are in the business of making modified trikes for disabled riders, if just any old trike won't suit his issues.

John Lewis

Re: Electric Recumbent Tricycle required

Postby John Lewis » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:18 am

I have replied to your post in the recumbent thread with some suggestions.
Hope it is helpful. I won't repost here as you can easily look there
so no point in my double posting.

John

Jwp

Re: Electric Recumbent Tricycle required

Postby Jwp » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:28 pm

Thanks a lot for the info guys... at least I won't be wasting anymore time trying to contact Flying Furniture....
Cheers
John